IS FERRARI GETTING CHEEP WITH THERE MONEY? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

IS FERRARI GETTING CHEEP WITH THERE MONEY?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Buttuz4eva, Apr 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I own one and love it to bits, faults and all :)

They do need to be careful about this sort of stuff though. Parts sharing is all well and good, but when it's the stuff you interact with, it detracts from what should be making the brand special.

Saving an extra couple of hundred USD like this is hardly going to kill the company, but once you let the bean counters take hold of a firm, you're on a slippery slope.

The bean counters will be insisting on better fuel consumption, less road noise and space for 2 golf bags next for God's sake.

And let's face it, it's not as if they need volume sales. They could sell 4k cars p.a. several times over. Whilst this is probably why they don't bother, adding a bit more icing on the cake might bolster the desire in us all.

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Wasn't the F50 supposed to have an F1 trans and I think they built the black square into the tach and then they didn't have the trans ready or something so they made that black box display what gear the reg. 6 speed was in. IIRC
    Erik

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    In a sense, it is cheap - cheap Subliminal Suggestion.

.o0O If I'd gotten an F1, I wouldn't be looking at that. O0o.

Therefore, it's Subliminal Suggestion.

.o0O Next time, I'll get an F1 O0o.

Therefore, Subliminal Suggestion sells more Ferraris.
    ----

I swear, I'm going to have to be ordained as a minister for a religion I conceptually started up a long time ago.
    I'm a "Logical Progressionist."

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Excellent post, as was buttuz one before.

In the end this dash box is too visible and maybe Wax is right it is a tease ... but IMO it sounds like they have gone to far, and maybe the accountants have already taken hold and the engineers are loosing the fight!

This sadly spells the end of the company as accountants have never saved an engineering firm, never!

For example the next line of the 3 series the 420 (or whatever) is going to share an engine with a Maserati ... while Ferrari and Maserati are really the same thing how will Joe Blogs handle this apparent cheapness?

Pete

EDIT: Buttuz, just had a thought (my one for the day ;)). I believe that many of the components between the 6 speed and the F1 are the same. Thus is it possible to have the 'what gear I am in' function added, and thus the black box would atleast be doing something??