Is it alright to wear Ferrari swag? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is it alright to wear Ferrari swag?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by John Salvador, Dec 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

If you own a Ferrari, do you wear Ferrari swag?

1. It’s not my thing but that doesn’t mean I fault those who do.

43 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. Yes I do

76 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. If you own a Ferrari and wear Ferrari swag you should have your car taken from you!

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    But sports fans purchase items that are not player specific. So if I wear a NFL polo shirt from a team not player specific does this mean I am connected with that tea
    As a part owner, staff, coach, etc?

Just wear what makes you feel happy. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  2. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    #52 maha, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    I'm 360 Canuck and tomc like this.
  3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Happened to me walking around EPCOT many years ago. He was a cast member too. I replied 'yes' and he just carried on by. Don't understand why somebody can't wear a team hat anyway.

4. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Sometimes while wearing either a Ferrari polo or hat when out at gatherings, people will ask the inevitable, "do you have the car to go with the hat/shirt ?" when I answer "yes," a few times friends/acquaintances will say something like, "Maybe you should pick up the tab for lunch, since YOU own the Ferrari." I tell them that I can prove I have no money: I own a Ferrari and have already spent it all on the car !

5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes, I wear and do what I want.

6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Funny, I was at the old Italian barber I go to, last week. After my cut, I was putting on the black puma coat with small cavallino on it that my wife bought me...and the old man (had to be 80) next in line says to me with a friendly smirk “do you have the car to match the coat?”. I smiled back and with a wink said “just one.” He had a sheepish somewhat surprised smile, I smiled back and I walked out the door.

I was surprised he noticed the coat or even knew what it was.

Thomas Magnum and Mimmo Blue like this.
  7. Terence Courtnage

Oct 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terence Courtnage
    He probably thought you were Tom Selleck.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Eighty years old ........ he may know more about Ferraris than you. ;)

Mimmo Blue and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  9. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    As a general rule l only wear Ferrari swag when l am not driving the car unless l am on a fcar club event or participating in a track event. I always wear my fcar watch which is a very discreet model.

I do wear my fcar shell jacket when l ski. It’s a good conversation starter. Had a guy come up and start peaking ltalian. I don’t so i just said: forza ferrari.

Went up to a guy in town wearing a ferrari hat a few years ago. Asked him if he owned a ferrari. He said no, it was given to him by his son, Mark Webber...do you know who he is? Replied: Yes, he drives for Red Bull.

The man had an Aussie accent so l guess he was for real. It’s Aspen.

10. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I realized I needed new shirts this week. I'm terrible at buying clothes. I bought a few Ferrari shirts that I realized I'll probably never wear outside of the garage.

SeaNile likes this.
  11. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Currently I only have Lamborghini apparel, I have been buying from there outlet online at 70% off. So it is better quality and cheaper than supermarket branded clothing here in Switzerland. However I rarely wear it when I am driving my Lamborghini. I am sure my son will want some more Ferrari stuff than he already has when it comes to driving the Scud this spring. However as most of the posters have said something subtle is not really a problem in my book.

12. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    baseball caps, and FOC tshirt and gillet (subtle ones) I'm not in to branding myself like to track suite/shell suit walking adidas/nike billboard!

But each to his own, and you therefore have the equal right to have people laugh at you!!:)

13. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I like to wear the T shirts and hats. Sometimes when I'm out driving and other times just cause I feel like it.

14. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    my wife bought me a hat - I said i don't know feels showy - she laughed and said the car isn't? - Still haven't worn the hat out - but I have driven the car

stavura and Cigarzman like this.
  15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good one from her! :D

And she gave you the hat ........ wear it!

Mimmo Blue likes this.