Is it just me or is there a fortune to be made parting out cars? | FerrariChat

Is it just me or is there a fortune to be made parting out cars?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 2008F430, Dec 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2008F430

2008F430 Karting

Apr 30, 2020
    St Augustine
    I know this is sacrilegious to even mention and I have absolutely no intentions of doing it but..... Am I the only one that believes you could buy a number 1 Ferrari (any model) and sell the parts for three times what you bought the car for? It sure looks that way on the internet. Someone tell me why I am wrong. And again, I would never do this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Time value of money is the problem. I’ve seen some parts listed on eBay for years (yes the actual part and not a highly available stocked part). Thinking specifically of some interior 360 parts I was following.

paulchua likes this.
  3. JoeCab

JoeCab Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    The first car seems like easy money, but when you try to turn this into a functional business things get complicated.

You will quickly find that only about 10% of the parts are actually in demand, and the rest become a storage issue.