Is Lambo on the way out..? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Is Lambo on the way out..?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, May 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm kinda surprised they can still drive if they've started wiping their arses with money.
    After all, fifty is awfully damn old.

Bob S.

2. ammoman

ammoman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    WINDERMERE FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    ERIC
    No kidding.What a waste.I use my money to light cigars :)
    Eric

3. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Every post you have is just drenched in hate and bitterness towards lambo. Havent you got it through your head that no one cares how great you think ferrari is compared to lambo. You havents proven yourself as an owner and like others have said you just base your experience on what your "friends" and such have told you. Go browse the 30 or 40 other sections related to ferrari please because the **** you keep saying is becoming redundant and exhausting......And for the record, anyone who drives a Carrera GT and thinks its subtle is out of the G-Damned mind

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #279 JoeZaff, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
    +1. I have to agree on this one. Your posts are way over the top and kind of misrepresenting a lot about Ferrari. I love Ferrari, own a Ferrari, know lots of other people that own Ferraris. They are great cars and speak to me and my passion. HOWEVER, let's not pretend that everything Enzo touched turned to gold. Ferrari did not corner the market on great design and Lamborghini, as much as I may not personally like them, also contributed immensely to Italian automotive design. In fact, the MIURA could arguably be considered one of the most important cars of the modern era especially to FERRARI!

I know I said I was going to stay away from this thread, but it keeps popping up under my quick links new posts search and the drama keeps bringing me back :)

I want to clarify a couple of statements I made earlier. First, while I am not captivated by Lamborghini or its founder as I am with Ferrari and other Italian racing marques. I have read quite a bit about Ferruccio as it tangentially relates to Ferrari--even though I will admit I still barely know what he looks like! I can also say that Enzo despised the man and would never say his name in public. In fact, he would fein not knowing his name, and referred to him as that guy who made tractors. If you read a lot about Enzo, you will know that for him to behave this way, he had to have felt threatened by Lamborghini and perceived him to be a true competitor in the customer car market. IMHO, You cannot truly appreciate Ferraris, especially modern Ferraris, without giving respect to those other companies that helped invigorate the marque through competition, whether on the race track or on the street. Lamborghini created certain masterpieces from both a style and design standpoint. Cars such as the Countach and the Miura were game changers.

Anyway, bottom line. Cars are not a religion. Just because you love Ferrari does not mean you need to pretend that there are no other relevant cars out there. Nor do you have to get really worked up over this stuff. As I said, Lamborghini doesn't speak to me, but they have been a fabulous adversary to Ferrari and I certainly would hate to see a world without their extraordinary designs.

5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Lamborghinisti,

Ha !

I put mine to way better use....tips between boobs and G strings have a happy home with my money. :D

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

6. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Interesting that some of the more passionate Lamborghinisti do not own new cars, which speaks volumes. The company has to speak loudly enough to them that they buy new, while also attracting new and hopefully loyal customers.

Miuras, Countachs and Diablos are nice and all, but irrelevant to Lamborghini if they don't inspire people to buy new cars and in fact a hindrance if viewed as the only "real" Lamborghinis to own.

As for the whole "over the top" and "attention whore" business, that does seem to be part of the very best and worst for Lambo. I daily drive my G (rain, work, groceries, etc) and enjoy the fact that it can be used that way, and yet is stunning in appearance and performance.

But I have had more than one person express disappointment that the doors open conventionally (like a Miura), which is completely irrelevant to me. Sad that the way the doors open is so important, asvertical doors are arguably a gimmick that actually makes ingress/egress harder and a potential safety hazard.

7. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Awesome post!

8. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You nailed it sir.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    +1000

10. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA this makes me laugh as Italdesign is responsibale for Fiats and Masers perhaps Ferrari is next for the Almighty Dark Lord of the Sith Dr. Piech. Apparently one way to keep Lamborghini profitiable is to have them design cars for other companies.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_2730.shtml

Wolfsburg/Turin, 25 May 2010 - The Volkswagen Group and Italdesign Giugiaro S.p.A. (IDG), Turin, are to intensify their successful cooperation, putting it on a new footing. This was announced by both companies at a joint press conference in Turin on Tuesday. The Volkswagen Group will take a 90.1 percent stake in IDG, including the brand name rights and patents. The shares are being acquired by AUDI's Italian subsidiary Lamborghini Holding S.p.A. The remaining shares will stay in the possession of the present owner family Giugiaro.

11. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    Actually on the contrary, this shows VW is committed to keeping lamborghini for the long term. If VW/audi was to decide to sell off Lamborghini in the near future, then the majority shares would not have resided with Lamborghini. lamborghini's possession of majority share at italdesign could only mean that VW wants its italian Subsidiary to handle another italian company. There might also be laws from Italy that allow either easier purchase of an italian company by another italian company versus a foreign company or incentives. But ultimately, I dont think its because Lamborghini will be designing other cars.... especially when italdesign has been one of the three great automotive design houses....

12. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Sorry I should have said for Lambo to bring their design technically in house and to reap the profit of what Italdesign does for other companies. I agree it makes a long term commitment from VAG look good, though if you wanted to buy Lamborghini would it not also make the company more attractive if garunteed design work from Italdesign came along with the deal? I mostly just wanted to laugh at the F car fanboys in this thread who like to pretend Ferrari is the holy grail and now Piech is one step closer to sticking his finger in their honey pot. Not that I think VAG could ever aquire Ferrari but can we now say that Fiats and Masers are just Lamborghinis with a Fiat motor? I'm just sayin.........

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #288 joe sackey, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The last (and only?) time Italdesign collaborated with Lamborghini this was the result. I drove this car when it was in Orange County circa 1997 and it sounded like holy hell with that V10. I still have a picture of my wife sitting in it.

Sorry for the off-topic. Carry on gentlemen.

All pics Ron Kimball.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    it would be interesting what other companies will be bought by Piech... Now if he bought Pininfarina... that would be a roar...lol.

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Bertone?

16. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    hopefully more of that italian passion can be incorporated into future lambo designs as a result of this. Perhaps that is one of the things that will allow lambo owners of older cars want new lambos...

17. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    I hope that would be possible. Bertone has been in financial turmoil for quite some time now.

18. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Bertone is owned by FIAT.

19. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ahh, the Italdesign Cala. Seemed to me it was a lot cooler looking back in the day!

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Did not know that. Interesting.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Shall we say it hasn't aged particularly well?

22. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    There are some aspects of it that I do like, you wouldnt happen to have a rear 3/4 view? Its a bit Lotusesque

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #298 joe sackey, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is one.

24. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    It looks like a $35,000 sporty hatchback.

25. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    Bertone the manufacturer but not stile Bertone if I am not mistaken.... which is the design aspect of the business that was split in 2008.