Is the 328 still "exciting" | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is the 328 still "exciting"

Discussion in '308/328' started by lencap, May 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    We will flame him if he makes the wrong choice.

2. Paul308

Paul308 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The 3x8 and 360 are both very different experiences. While the 3x8 cars are no longer considered fast, they are true pleasures to drive. They are drivers cars. They are classics. The 3x8 is a timeless classic that will only continue to appreciate in value as time goes on. They are also going to be easier cars to maintain over time as well since they are simpler. Buy what you like. I could have afforded a 360 several years ago when I bought my 308 QV but I bought what I loved and have never regretted it one bit. I would not trade my 308 for a 360...even if someone offered me an even trade. I know I have the right car for me. :)

Paul

3. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    [BULLFIGHTER]: We will flame him if he makes the wrong choice.

No, we won't flame him. (At least *I* won't.) I'll wonder what the he11 he was thinking. I'll know that you, Paul308, and nearly everyone else who has posted an opinion so far "gets it," and we'll wonder why he decided to invest so much more money in a car that's neither as beautiful nor as fun to drive. But I'll congratulate him on joining the "stable" of prancing horses, and assume that he bought the car that's right for HIM. As for me, (and most of us on this thread), I wouldn't trade my 308 for a 360 "even up." :)

4. hydekirk

hydekirk Rookie

Jul 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kirk Hyde
    I own a 328 and a 355. The 328 is a great car but lacks power steering and airbags. My car is a 328 GTS which is great. I do recommend a 328 over a 308.
    The styling of the 328 is classic.

As Ferrari up-graded each model the product improved dramatically. Buying an older car is buying history. Look at the Dino

Coincidentally I am selling my 328 to buy a 430. It is listed on FerrariChat

5. hydekirk

hydekirk Rookie

Jul 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kirk Hyde
    I agree about the 360. The 430 made it obsolete.

6. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    Airbags? Don't you wear a seatbelt?

7. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Hey, my 308 has an airbag - when I take the ol' lady along! ;)

8. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    No problem there, I don't do most of my driving in parking lots, and don't notice it otherwise...

...and if I wanted safety I would buy a minivan. :D:D

9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've had my 430 since new. In about 6 months, it will be obsolete, yesterday's news, etc.

Dave

10. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    You either want a classic car or you want a modern car... which is it?

Both excellent cars in their own rights....

11. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    LMAO!!! :D

12. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Went to the Reading Concours this past Sunday and put approx. 300 miles on my 328; this coming off a fresh major service and a newly fitted OEM exhaust (finally replaced the hybrid-Euro system that was on the car). Before the car had more sound and less go, now its the other way around. I think the hair on the back of my neck was standing up for every single mile due to the go-kart view out the windshield, the crisp handling and road feel, the snug, race-cockpit embrace of the interior, the sense of a raw mechanical beast at the other end of the shift lever, the mechanical symphony streaming to my ears from the open windows (I have a GTB), the engine warming the interior making the heat superfluous, the modest (by today's standards) but willing power behind me, and the incredible sense of history felt at having that small, black stallion on a yellow field turning between my hands.

I watched the odometer turn 30K on the NJTP; 8000 of those miles are mine, driven in the last 8 years. Will never sell this car (until the time, many years from now, to do so comes along; its my first Ferrari, and regardless of worth or cost, one of the most beautiful automotive (and other) shapes ever penned. That alone makes me take very seriously the idea of stewardship; someday (I hope) another enthusiast will enjoy her as I do now. If I won the lottery tomorrow I would still keep my 328, even though there would be a Lusso and a Dino parked alongside!

13. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    AMEN !!
    And maybe a 275 GTB too :)

14. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #64 st@ven, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did parts of the Mille Milgia last week with my 328.
    It offers still very solid handling, braking and power. But most of all, the drop dead gorgious looks will make me never to trade-in for a 360 ever.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    #65 f1lupo, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
    what 'dated'?? she still takes my breath away every time I look at her so 'dated' no..'timeless'..yes....but of course I am biased as I fell in love with the 328 back in 85 :)..besides I'll take an old school gated shifter over paddles ANY day !!!

16. santacaferacer

santacaferacer Karting

Jan 6, 2009
    Based on the results of my Ebay auction, no one thinks the 328 is exciting. Based on result ebay auction results of 2 year old Subaru Foresters, there is some real excitement there at 16k. Can you tell I am bitter?

17. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S

just chill and put it for sale in a few months...odds are, the way Ebay goes, you might even get a bidding war !..its just a matter of getting a true enthusiast who 'wants' it seeing the ad....last year I sold an old computer I had lying around for $40 and later sold the exact same computer for $230 a few months later..go figure?

18. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Put it in the Ferrari Market letter if it is a nice car. That's where the serious buyers are. I've had good luck selling there including my duplicate 328 last month.

Dave