Is there a chance Ferrari makes a manual mid engine NA V12 Icona car? | FerrariChat

Is there a chance Ferrari makes a manual mid engine NA V12 Icona car?

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by Chimaera, May 6, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chimaera

Chimaera Rookie

Jul 31, 2022
    I'm still new to Ferrari brand but would something like this be an option? I don't know how long the NA V12 will still be alive and I also don't know the plans for the Icona series so it might be a stupid question. But I think if they take inspiration from the F50 it would be amazing. The F50 is my favorite Ferrari, so a modern interpretation would be really cool.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No chance. Iconas are based on production models and there is no current Ferrari with a manual transmission.

Caeruleus11 and Chimaera like this.
  3. Chimaera

Chimaera Rookie

Jul 31, 2022
    Fair enough, I didnt know that all Iconas were based on production models. I thought they were "just" models that took inspiration from the past. I see now the SP3 is based on the LaFerrari Aperta platform.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    And the SP1/2 is mechanically an 812 with the roof and pillars chopped off. At any rate Ferrari have said that the manual does not suit its modern cars, with the required integration of all control electronics. As Chris Harris said when he tested the 296, a manual would only get in the way of driving.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Chimaera like this.
  5. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    I don't think there will be another manual Ferrari ever, unless they plan a last one before going all electric... Sadly

Jorge HG

Chimaera likes this.
  6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    NO

Chimaera likes this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I guess the manual word changes the whole answer..