430 - Is there a way on an 09 F430 to temporarily disable the TPMS? | FerrariChat

430 Is there a way on an 09 F430 to temporarily disable the TPMS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Jan 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I just put on a temporary set of wheels while my existing set are being re-polished.

This set doesn’t have working TPMS sensors so I’m getting a TPMS service error.

Is there a way to disable the TPMS for the next week or so? FYI. I only have an autel AP200 scanner.

Thanks,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Corey,
    I think you will have to live with it. Remember, only temporary. Isn't that what our "wonderful Governor" keeps on telling us?

Reacherman1022 likes this.
  3. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Corey, can you please provide the company and ballpark cost for repolishing your wheels? I’ve got a couple spots on my ball polished wheels that I want to have repolished in the not too distant future.

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I was planning on posting everything when I see the results. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AandSC likes this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You can do it on the 575M with an SD2, so possibly you can do it on an F430 with an SD3, but the 575M was produced before the 2008 TPMS mandate in the US, so maybe not on 2008 and later Ferraris.

6. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I replaced mine with oem sensors, and did the recalibration procedure myself, which doesn't require an external scanner. Like Taz says, you may be able to disable it with a scanner though, but I don't know if it would be worth the effort for short term.