Is there really enough room to fit a baby car seat in the back? | FerrariChat

Is there really enough room to fit a baby car seat in the back?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by nugget, Feb 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nugget

nugget Karting

Jan 4, 2004
    Sorry for the incredibly bad question. My wife and I saw the latches but it looks pretty small compared to the big car seats you see. We are having our 1st baby in 6 months so the California is now the leading contender, if the back seats are big enough. Thanks, Glen

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  3. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    You should be able to fit one but very few car seats really fit well. Ask your dealer to test one.

4. Homerclese

Homerclese Rookie

Jun 16, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    You can fit a forward-facing child seat in the back of the California so long as it isn't too bulky. I put our youngest in there when she was six months old and legally allowed in a forward-facing car seat. The only issue I have is that I need to but her behind the passenger seat and get my wife to move her seat all the way forward because of the position of the particular seat we have.

However depending on where you live it may not be legal to put a young baby in the back seat. For example, where I live a baby under six months of age and less than a certain height must be in a rear-facing seat and I couldn't find any that would come close to fitting in the back of the California.

5. nugget

nugget Karting

Jan 4, 2004
    Thanks for the help. I will check the post. That is what my wife and I were worried about. Although it has the hookups the back seats look small given how big some baby seats are these days. This is bumming me out. All other aspects of the car would suit our needs.