Is this cheap fora 612 or are they just not selling? | FerrariChat

Is this cheap fora 612 or are they just not selling?

Discussion in '612/599' started by RedNeck, Jul 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    interior is pretty bad, wheels are horrendous but can be changed easily. shld be a 70k car i wld think. run a carfax.

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Carfax is clean

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I agree. There is actually a link to a free Carfax in the ad. No accidents, 7 owners, pretty much always a CA car. That is the cheapest non accident 612 I have ever seen. Not crazy about the color combinations but as long as you got a PPI and there were no huge service issues this would be a good buy.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    argento is a beautiful color - that car needs to be detailed. silver challenge wheels with silver caps and red or black calipers and its a 10 from the outside.

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Seems cheap to me. Toyota dealer is probably the wrong one to be selling it, so it could be a great deal. I wonder how much it sold for at the two auctions it was sold at in the last 90 days, including this week? Someone have Mannheim access?

I would assume it would need a major service, of course the wheels have to go, probably needs $10-15k to make it usable. Still a good deal at that price.

Also interesting that the heated seat annunciator is turned on in their picture-- that might need looking at as well.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I dont see it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Actually, that carfax shows it was sold at auction on July 19... I wonder if the Toyota dealer still has it, or they gave up and auctioned it?

I would think that for the right price, someone could actually flip that car. Someone who had the ability to do the major service in house, could give it a good detail, and source the proper wheels for it, and I think it's a $70k car.

EDIT: I don't know which auction, I was just guessing Mannheim. Must be some place else, but "sold at auction" is definitely on that carfax.

9. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Surprised a Toyota dealer would purchase the car at auction. But several years ago I saw a 612 at a Toyota dealer in area Pasadena but it was not a good example. Looks like a good price but with 7 owners a PPI is absolute must. I suspect there may be a lot of small details which may need attention, the wheels being the most obvious.

My guess is the price at auction was so cheap the dealer decided to take a flyer on the car so there may be room for additional price negotiation. The color is not one that is so desirable but with different wheels and a very good detail might look very good. I would think you should plan on spending another $5k -$10k over whatever you would get the car for sorting out the niggly details assuming no major mechanical issues.

10. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    I saw this one up in simulcast recently on Manheim. It was being run through by a wholesaler. It looked like it needed TLC but definitely one to go after if you’re not looking for a quick flip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If you look at that dealer's used inventory, he has a Gallardo and a couple of Bentleys as well. So the owner probably likes to dabble in exotics.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    weird i dont see the result at manheim

13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yeah, I just checked it out. Give myself a dope slap for not putting a Toyota dealership at the top of my list of places for exotic cars especially one in Oakland - car dealer to the local drug lords. :rolleyes:

flat_plane_eddie and RonH like this.
  14. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    I think it was this dealer running it and it was a no sale. It was the oldest one running last week with the exception of the blue 308 that is still sitting out there to run again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Definitely cheap but not worth it in my opinion since there's no history on it and 7 owners. Most are in the 70s and I'm sure you can negotiate one down to high 60s with some effort. They don't seem to sell that well. If it's a local car, I wouldn't touch it given that Oakland has a questionable reputation and as Randy said, it's probably a drug dealer's ex car lol.

Modena_2003 likes this.
  16. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    So how hard would it be to convert this car to manual?

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Easy if you can find the parts. Finding the parts is the hard bit.

18. Modena_2003

Modena_2003 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2008
    Saudi.Arabia / London
    Full Name:
    Moe Al-Bayat
    It needs a lot of work to be in a good condition. Not worth in my opinion. Heater seat sign which cost a fortune to get fixed , bad interior and some other stuff like the number of owners. When I got mine recently I was the second owner and the dealership has been great with me by giving me a full report since it was bought back in 2008 until April this year. Report shows that the car is been treated very very well and for example, engine built, all the sticky parts, leather seats, dashboard and headline has been fixed except the heater sign so I knew since I bought it how much I need to pay to keep it in a perfect condition.

Moe

19. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    A retail buyer isn't the right buyer for this car. This car needs someone who can work on it themselves, do the service, fix the seat module (which, I think, can probably be fixed by someone who knows what they are doing, as opposed to replaced), heavily detail it, source some decent looking wheels (maybe base 612 wheels, for example?), drive it a few hundred miles, and then either keep it as a driver or sell it in an appropriate venue.

If you fit that description, knock yourself out. Otherwise stay away.

Given all that, I'd say it's priced a bit high at the current ask.

Modena_2003 and randkin like this.
  20. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    Modena_2003 likes this.