Is This Testarossa Rare or a Hack? Pics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is This Testarossa Rare or a Hack? Pics

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Hawaii, Oct 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    There is no way I would trade your Viper for that TR. If they take your car, give you the TR, and maybe another $25-30k it would be equitable. I would not do that trade just because the TR looks so messed up, and will be a series of problems that will be aggravating and costly to deal with.
    Pass.
    BT

2. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Nope. No smog test is for 1976 or older.

If you're married, I hope you have an understanding wife, or she might just cut your hangers off for that trade! :D

John

3. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Lol! How in the world did you know I was fearing what my wife was gonna say!!! She loves the Viper. Okay... From all your kind advice (thanks to all)and looking at how ratty the car is from the pictures , I've decided not to trade for this testarossa. Thanks for convincing my hard head. One day I will rejoin the ranks of owning another "F" car!
    Warm aloha!

4. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    get rid of the car-theft-lock.....and hope someone steals it...then off to buy a decent one.....then again, how far would one get stealing in HI: dang, another plan down the tubes.

5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Hawaii ! long time no hear from. Sooooo....you sold your beautiful TR and shamefully bought a viper.....tsk, tsk. :D

Well, I think it's punishment enough to drive the viper so I won't bug you about it.

Ratty TR? boy is that an understatement. I mean, who lets a Ferrari get that bad? You say the car had an engine out...please check to see if it was put back.

I'm glad you're passing on this one. I agree with all that this car is a great parts car and I too question the structural rigidity now the roof has been cut.

Good luck in finding a nice TR.....it's a buyers market so you should do alright.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

6. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Shamile
    Good to hear from you. Yep big-big mistake selling my car.... ran into a shortage of funds and only could afford the Viper for now. Hopefully one day soon I'll be back in the saddle again. I could buy my old one back but he wants $60k for it! The Bastard! Been seeing some great prices out there. Definately the time to buy. Gotta sell the Viper first though.. That's why I was considering the trade..since it was here on Maui already and straight trade. Been consideriing a 308-328 to downsize. Nice 288 GTO conversion for sale here I might be able to pick up. Oh well. See Ya!

7. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Both... actually.

A Rare Hack.

Rgds,
    Vince

8. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    +1 there is no way the milage is right.

9. Bubba12345

Bubba12345 Karting

Jan 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I'm no expert, but looking at the shape of the interior, was it a rental?

10. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    "Rare Hack" Thats good! Don't know much about the history.

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why is the interior brown and not black? and what's with those horrendous looking seat covers? are they hiding the poor condition of the seats?

12. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    It actually pains me to see those interior shots.. I couldn't even try to get my interior to look like that...

R

13. Kingpin328

Kingpin328 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    Could that read "EBS"? You might want to google around for 'Ernst Berg Specials'. I recall a dutch car magazine from the mid '80's reporting of this company building Renault 5 full cabrio's and they also build a (this ???) yellow early TR ......

I might still have this magazine, if so will report back. Good luck with it!

14. Kingpin328

Nov 7, 2003
  15. Kingpin328

Nov 7, 2003
    #40 Kingpin328, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's a shame to 'cut" a single mirror....

Of course they had no way to know they'd be "rare"....

I agree with the crowd, that car is full of huge problems, starting with frame rigidity, and that's a bad place to start.....

17. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Parts Car! See - I beat Rifledriver to it!

Except I have this feeling that he will soon be writing back that there are no apparant parts worth keeping here...

18. Bubba12345

Bubba12345 Karting

Jan 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Here's a German website with pictures of two yellow targas (from 2005). One with a black interior and on the second page a beige interior one.
    http://www.carpassion.com/ferrari-550-575-599/19387-testa-targa.html

A yellow targa with a black interior is on ebay. Starting bid $62,500
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140349980862&Category=157049&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

There was even a diecast made of the EBS Testaroassa.
    http://www.hood.de/auction/27266251/_ferrari_testarossa_targe_ebs_gelb_lim_1500_st_.htm

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I am guessing that the area between the E-brake handle and door, where the release handles normally go, is full of structural reinforcement to compensate for the cut top.