Is this the infamous sway bar squeak? | FerrariChat

Is this the infamous sway bar squeak?

Discussion in '360/430' started by BlacktopRacing, Oct 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    In this video, please listen for the squeaking, especially near the end when I pull into and up my driveway and come to a stop. Is the infamous sway bar squeaking, or is it something else. Actually, I would describe it more as a chassis creaking noise.

2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Lubing and refitting my front lower shock mount bolts and front swaybar bushes stopped the creaking noises that were radiating up through my steering.

whatheheck likes this.
  3. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Thanks. Video was too large to upload. But I will give that a shot. Otherwise, I'll see what I can do about editing the video

4. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Just an update... I did use spray oil (WD40) on the away bar mount bushings and end links, as well as inner/puter A-arms and ball joints, and the creaking went away. If and when it returns, I'll redo properly with grease. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    I recently replaced my sway bar bushes as they, in combination with my tie rods caused squeaking over bumps. The sway bar bushes are very cheap.

I replaced the bushes myself. Aldous Voice has a really good guide on how to do this. Wiggling off old bushes is a real pain though.

6. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Replacing the SB bushes eliminates 80% of squeaks. Easy diy job.