Is this the standard of Concourses in the future??? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Is this the standard of Concourses in the future???

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Horse, Dec 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Just trying to have the modern stuff with carnies & the blue teeth thingy is probably easier than in a modern car.[/QUOTE]

??????????????????????????????/// are you all teched out again Kenny?

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He was certainly making full use of the old Scandinavian flick.

3. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Nup,that' not a Scando.....

This/these are Scando's

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

yeah it was....just not as violent.

5. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Nup,no scando's in there I'm afraid,you're letting your imagination get the better of you.
    That was standard drifting around a corner .
    Scando's don't have a place in bitumen track racing,as opposed to "Drift' racing.

6. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    You do realize that clip is a video game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Have another look....first he turns right to turn left.

8. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Maybe he just forgot which way the track goes...

9. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I tried to find some 'real life' and found it near impossible with the timeframe I had after PP's remark.

Gizzi likes this.
  10. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    There's no way that's a Scando and besides the only reason I put the clip up was to highlight how it affected one particular viewer of the clip.

I'm sure KIAI would like to chip in on any of the last 7 post's 'cos he know's F$%k all about nipples...............................................................................I'm sure.

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He'd have GPS turned on you goose

Gizzi likes this.
  12. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I remember watching this was the first time I’d heard of the “flick” thing.

IanB and Gizzi like this.
  13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    54 seconds in?

14. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein

Nup,the driver was taking the natural entry into that corner,as he/she did each time that corner was attacked,have a look at all the other corners/bends this driver attacked,not once did he/she do what you are calling the scando.

The Scando is predominantly used as a fast slowing/lining up for the next corner discipline,much the same usage as left foot braking in a roundabout way.

IanB likes this.
  15. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I
    I love the concept of the folk racing - all cars equal value (virtually nothing) and if a competitor asks to buy your car you can't refuse.

16. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    To be honest I only enter my car as a show of Club support, we say its sad so few "Enzo Era" cars are seen, so more of us should participate. If you really don't care about the trophies that's fine & everyone will understand. I just think its all a bit of fun and encourages me to take better care of my car. Those who take it seriously deserve the judging to be at a recognised International level and thats what the Club is aiming for. Mind you, I think its ridiculous to give a brand new 488 a platinum, I think no car under 10,000kms or 5 years old should be judged.

Rosey, MAD828 and Maranello550 like this.
  17. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I would love to have a minimum 5 years age rule, which is what the US do, however that would decimate our entries in Australia, because we don't have a large enough population of older cars with concorso-interested owners.

18. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There you go.

But if it keeps going the way it is will there ever be any old car entries?

Don't tell me Ferrari SPA / Australia would let you bring in a 5 year rule either.

19. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I totally agree with you re the the participation bit..BUT,if you know you're wasting your time with you car,as I would be with both of mine,then so do the judges.
    ,and I imagine they'd get a little cranky with that.

20. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    yes this is the dichotomy...trying to encourage non-pristine cars to enter, without wasting the judges time.

21. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    What about doing it the old school way....Line em up on the grass , fire up the Barbie and have a few beers talking shop.....It's a win win without the BS.....

knocker likes this.
  22. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Strange you should say that. I am trying to incorporate a more social atmosphere while also trying to accommodate the serious competitors. The ‘display’ section is great, at least everyone will wash and clean their cars. As for the concourse judging, the format that has been adopted is good, ie- judging a car on its merits, not against the others. What is needed is more clarity with regards to judging rules/criteria. We need to be consistent. When a competitor is told that ‘originality’ is of utmost importance, and NO deductions should be made for signs of usage/age, then to be told that certain components should have been painted (because of usage) or completely retrimmed, is not correct in my opinion. Also, I haven’t heard from many people regarding grievances since this thread was started, but the ones I have heard from have had some good points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocker and Maranello550 like this.
  23. Nereus

Nereus Rookie

Dec 18, 2010
    Tasmania
    I very rarely post here, but this is something I'm interested in and that matters. Mine is not a concours car, it is a drivers car. That said, it is as far as I am aware quite original. Only one owner before me, and stored properly for many years. Original tool roll and all spares. Has never been repainted, though it has been touched up and the front spoiler has been repainted. Original carpet, dash, roof lining. A dealer fitted ugly as sin cassette tape deck fitted, with speakers that The Who might admire. (Does play well though, and where else could I play my old Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac tapes?) Even if I did a full engine out / wheels off / whatever it takes clean of the car I doubt very much it would clear 50 points at a concours. Why do I think that? Well, too many paint chips. Too much wear on the drivers side leather seat. No matter how I could imagine cleaning it it will not look as it did when it drove through Maranello's gates the first time. So, to me there appears to be a large somewhat hazy gap between "originality" and "patina" and "completely redone" as per original spec. The way I understand the new system actually works is that no car that is actually driven regularly (say, 5,000 km a year on average roads) will ever score gold or platinum. Is that a reasonable conclusion? Or is "patina" rather more elastic?

knocker, Maranello550 and kerrari like this.
  24. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    A mate of mine,who's family live here,owns a coffee plantation in PNG,started by his old man.
    He's one of the few native white PNGers.
    Bill G, is his name.

P.S.,I would rather take your car to a concour than the aforementioned 10K anything!

Maranello550 likes this.
  25. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    the problem with your utopian model is that cars are judged by friends of owners, who want to stay friends, and the loosey-goosey "rules" are interpreted such that crappy cars win "best in class". EVERYTIME those owners advertise their cars for sale, they state "winner of Best in class at State Concours".

If you don't think this is the way the game used to work, then I offer as evidence the Ferrari F40 REPLICA that won "Best Competition Car" at a QLD concours, against Moretti's 355 Challenge, which is an actual Ferrari competition car.

The "mates having beers talking shop" model only works when people get what they want.

wrxmike, knocker and Maranello550 like this.