Is this website intruding on privacy? | FerrariChat

Is this website intruding on privacy?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bitzman, Jul 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    On Exotic Spotters

I liked it when I discovered exotic spotters website. it's here folks get their moment of immortality by getting their snapshot of a rare car published on a website that goes country by county and posts their pictures, with the time and date..

More recently I looked up Bizzarrini in France and saw two shots of this GT America cruising the Boulevard in 2018 . The car has an unusual vent or scoop above the regular side vent, Anybody know why?
    The site even lists the photographer so you can contact them
    I think this is handy because if I'm booked to go to Paris or London or anywhere, I got something to search for. A starting point as it were. Tho I'm no longer a barn hunter but a historian writing car histories and a fine artist portraying cars. (five portrait of Bizzarrinis so far...)

Now for the downside. In some countries you can trace a plate so if you have a rare car it's annoying to have people knocking at your door. Or worse yet, waiting 'til you go on vacation and making off with your car (one rock and roller from Pink Floyd told me he had two, count 'em, two Porsches taken while he was on tour...)
    And the privacy aspect....what if I had some blonde babe ridin' with me when yer exotic spotter captured me in his camera lens and puts my car on the net and my Filipino wife sees the picture and wants to know "Whozat?"
    Still it' s good way to track down the rumor of some special car... ...what say you?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login