Is 'tool free' access to the 355 engine compartment battery terminal posts possible?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is 'tool free' access to the 355 engine compartment battery terminal posts possible??

Discussion in '348/355' started by gothspeed, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    It looks like Goth is using stainless steel socket head cap screws with plastic thumb knobs and special washers. It would appear these are not a single P/N purchase. I'm sure Goth will chime in and post what he is doing.

It's a cool mod but I keep tools in my car so using an Allen wrench is no big deal to me. I don't see a reason to remove that panel so often to need this. But hey, that's just me.

2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Yes I have a box of those thumbs they are M6. We use them a lot from McMaster
    Goths definitely are custom made items.

3. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    My method with the battery tender jr. makes this mod unecessary because you only have to remove the cover once to put the cable into the terminals. Then put the cover back and the wire end has a plug so just tuck it under and it's out of sight while not in use. Never need to remove my cover, just grab the wire, plug in the end and you're done.

However, it's still a nice mod no doubt.