Islero thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Islero thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Marcello, Feb 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I wouldn't know: haven't been back since.

I know before that he had a place in lausanne, I know he did some work on the car which I use as my Fchat name when it was owned by a Geenva resdent for many years, that he did Le Mans in Bizzarrinis in the 60's but that is it...

2. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg

Congratulations em42!

If the car is going to Leqoc anyway, I would seriously consider to bring the car back to it's original Bronzo Chiaro,
    a lovely period color, and because this was Edmondo's car, an extra reason.
    I know it's easy for me to say from behind my PC, not having to pay for it, and not knowing how the green paintwork looks like, but please give it a thought..

Best regards,
    Marcel

3. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    There was once an accident with 2 Isleros and some Espadas involved, the made a convoi and the leader had to brake abruptly, so 4 Lambos crashed into each other, I thought the 4.5 Isleros Uno bought and brought to danmark were involved in that crash.
    That package contained:
    6165, 6399, 6471, 6582, 6655
    6471 was taken to pieces it was only half of the car remaining, engine and gearbox have been sold earlier.

I'm quite sure this place still exists since we saw a white LM002 in Yverdon for sale about 4 years ago. I never saw or heard from this yellow Islero.

4. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Hi Marcello,

I considered this option. But for the moment I will stay to the green. First of all because I like it very much and then because the paintjob still looks nice and only needs a good polish. This colour really has a lot of class and suits the car very well. It is the same colour as the one that was recently sold on Bonhams if you remember.
    I'll reconsider the option when the car needs a new paintjob!

Best regards

5. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004

Why do I have a feeling all their Girling boosters malfunctioned...

Fred

6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    LOL!

7. unojung

unojung Karting

May 18, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Uno Junghans
    Raymond,

>>Lambos crashed into each other, I thought the 4.5 Isleros Uno bought and brought to danmark were involved in that crash.

Just after purchasing the Isleros, Marcel de Lange scanned me the original article (I cannot remember if it was from a newspaper, but have it at home) about the crash in Swiss.

From that we could see that none of the Isleros we have was involved in that crash.

Uno

8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #108 italiancars, Apr 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a color version of that picture. I really do like that color and did consider repainting #6243 that color again. The 2nd photo is the color when I purchased the car. The car left the factory in Bronzo Scuro Met. (Dark Bronze Metalic). I always assumed that car was painted that color when I purchased it.

When we started striping the car for restoration, underneath the Blue we found the original color. It is much lighter shade and more of a Roman Bronze. (Metalic Gold with a Greenish tint).

On the 40th Anniversary Islero Reunion right now it looks like we will have 7 cars.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Smurf

Smurf Formula 3

for the record...i saw #6264 a couple of months ago in Portugal and it is in great shape with 80.000km on the odo...

10. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Hi everyone,

I would like to know with what kind of booklets/owner's manuals/tools the Islero originally came with?
    Would it be possible to get pictures?

Thanks a lot for the info!

11. Smurf

Smurf Formula 3

besides the one atCarolina Auto Sports

are there any Islero for sale in The USA that you know of?

thanks

12. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    IMO, the original colour is the nicest.

13. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Great cars love the green ones. FYI to all the owners, I noticed that many of these cars have Borrani knock offs mounted on the Campy rims. This not a good thing to do, the mounting surfaces are diffrent and you can have problems using the two diffrent parts. I know the Campy stuff is hard to find, but the two brands were never made to work together.

14. biz5300

biz5300 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    n h
    Yes .. I was at Siebenthal when only 16 in 1977 it was a cemtetary with Ferraris and maseratis everywhere with grass growing straight through nthem .. I even have pics of a 212 or 166 Inter berlinetta with flowers growing everywhere... PROBABLY 20 to 30 Fer/Mas Corpses in his yard.. I have to find these slides ..

Nik

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Do you remember where this was? All I recall si that it was somewhere in a village between Lausanne to the south and Yverdon to the north.

I have another Islero set of photos, a car needing full resto, will try to post them later.

16. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Although I do like the Blue, it will be painted in the original Dark Bronze Metallic.

17. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    That photo was taken just after I got the car, I have a set of the proper knock offs for it now.

When tracing the history of the car, I spoke to a previous owner, that mentioned that the car didn't have the right knock offs, but he had a set of the long ear ones that he would be happy to sell me for slightly over market price. I wonder where he got them?

Joe

18. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    #118 em42, Jun 13, 2008
    There is a superb article about the Islero in this month's Classic and Sports Cars. It features the vehicule that appeared in "The man who haunted himself" with Roger Moore. It is a grey/cognac RHD GTS version.
    By the way, for those who didn't see this movie, I strongly recommend it since the Islero appears quite a lot and you can hear the exhaust note extensively.

19. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    #119 Marcello, Jul 2, 2008
  20. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Hi everyone,

I just spotted this color super8 film on youtube, don't know who shot it. I also posted it on the Miura thread but it is a joy for any Islero lover...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vKbLD6_C8k

A little bit of what I grasped:
    - Miura assembly line in action. Awesome to see all these marvels. I saw some period pictures of it and I always found they were incredible, but this time this is 10 times better!
    - There is also one scene with the Marzal, an Espada, a Miura and an Islero on a trailer: WOWWWWWWWWW!
    - There is an inside view of a ride in an Islero which is curiously fitted with the odd Marzal steering wheel. I saw it once on an Espada but didn't know it has also been fitted to an Islero. Is it Bob Wallace on the wheel? I will ask Lou Herrin if he knew about it.

Even though there is no sound, this is truly exceptional. I didn't know such a footage did exist.
    Enjoy!

Best regards.

21. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    #121 raymondQV, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
    Cool, another swiss origine car discovered, thanks Marcel.
    Where is it nowadays? Belgium, France or Netherlands?

22. kc023515

kc023515 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Kevin Crauwels
    #122 kc023515, Jul 5, 2008
  23. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Thanks.
    Does anybody now this early (Silhouette/Urraco taillights) Jalpa?

24. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    About Islero...
    I've discovered #6228 last year and owner was claiming it was owned by Ferruccio himself...what we all know is not true. So reporting to Lou, he had informed me it was a Swiss car. Unfortunately even if I've posted it to Glen - ILR, it never shows on ILR, as many others freshly discovered Lambos...
    Congratulations for your purchase of #6300 that I've found in January in Lasne / Belgium and offered to Autodrome, Neldo told me it's a real enthusiast who bought it...keep us inform when you will pick it up.
    Ciao,
    Olivier - LCB
    www.jaramaregistry.com

25. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Hi Olivier,

First of all, congratulations to have found these fantastic cars! I am really happy to have bought #6300 and I will keep you informed of the further steps. Normally I should get the car after the summer break as there was some delay in the restoration. I am excited but I don't want to rush so that everything is done properly.

Best regards.