Issue with HRE wheels,anybody else having a problem? | FerrariChat

Issue with HRE wheels,anybody else having a problem?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DUNTOVFAN, Mar 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    Ive got a set of HRE wheels and while under warranty the clear coat started to peel. HRE denied a warranty claim and stated the clear started to peel because of an impact strike,something hit the wheel. This is BS,nothing touched the wheels and one of the wheels has a spot where the clear is starting to separate from the wheel and there is absolutely nothing to indicate anything ever touched the wheel. So far I’ve paid to have 2 of the wheels repaired,just curious if anybody else is as disgusted with HRE as I am.

2. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    HRE regularly posts on here. I usually find they back up their products quality, engineering and design - that's what you pay a premium for. I'd say try again or move a level higher in their organization. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease..... (wow that one works really well here....)

3. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    Other than filling a formal complaint with the BBB not sure what else I can do. I was dealing with the general manager,Tito I believe his name was and HRE absolutely refused to warranty the wheels. I can stand behind may claims here 100% with photos,I’ve got a wheel right now where there is a spot under the clear that is separating from the surface and once it breaks the surface will start to peel. And to add insult to injury in all this HRE chipped the paint on one of the wheels once in there possession and once brought to there attention wanted to charge me to fix it. Once HRE sees my post here they will try and spin it to their advantage but once again I have irrefutable proof that the finish did fail under the factory HRE warranty. For a complete explanation with pictures check out HRE WILZ SUK on Facebook. I’m open to any suggestions or help with this. What sucks the most in all of this is I’ve always looked at HRE as the pinnacle of wheels that imagine got completely blown out of the water. All I wanted from HRE was a refund on the money spent,repair the chip in the wheel they were responsible for and refinish the remaining wheels. HREs current offer is to refinish the remainder of the set for free,I pay shipping yet still charge me to repair the wheel HRE damaged. It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of spin HRE puts on this. Does anybody know anybody within HRE in can contact that might be interested in helping me out? Once again thanks in advance for any help.

4. HRE_Jurrian

HRE_Jurrian Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    #4 HRE_Jurrian, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Jeff thank you very much for posting this and giving me an opportunity to respond back. I'd be happy to lay out the entire timeline of our conversations, but I want to point out one particular email as a reply to your post.

Tito absolutely refused to warranty the wheels yeah? Explain this email Jeff...
    [​IMG]

Why would HRE Wheels spin the story when we're still offering you free refinishing?

Again Jeff, the offer is still on the table. If you want your wheels refinished let's do it, but last time we offered you free refinishing, you threatened a lawsuit strangely. Much like Tito said in his email, I'm not sure what else I can do to make you happy.

5. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    HRE only offered to refinish the remainder of the set,2 wheels provided I pay shipping after I paid $660 to have the other 2 wheels fixed. Per HREs offer if I paid to ship the remaining 2 wheels I’d be out of pocket about $300 plus to have HRE fix the wheel HRE chipped add in another roughly $400,I’m looking at $1400 out of pocket on a very expensive set of wheels IVE ALREADY PAID FOR,does that seem right to anybody that’s reading this? If HRE would have covered everything under warranty I’d be happy,no issues but HRE dropped the ball here plain and simple. I’ve got a picture of one of the wheels with a spot of the clear that’s lifting and will be a peeling area. Why should I be out a single dime
    to have these wheels fixed? How is it possible to slander a company when the truth is on my side? I’ve got a picture as proof,can anybody post it for me? I’m not going away HRE,get a lawyer and I’ll see you in court. I guess all the rolling on those $20,000 sets of wheels was expensive,cheap in out on warranty claims is one way to recoup some of the cost. I can back up every single claim I’ve made with not a single misleading bit of information coming from me. I cannot be the only HRE customer out there having issues with the clear coat peeling off of the polished hoop of the wheel. Another way to look at this,how would an HRE customer feel about having their very expensive set of wheels completely blown apart so they can be refinished? You guys dropped the ball,spin it anyway you want but you dropped the ball. Anybody reading this,am I being unreasonable wanting HRE to fix these wheels and not having it cost me anything when it is the clear coat that is failing and at the time,under warranty?

6. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
  7. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    are you posting drunk?

8. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    This is the chip HRE did to the wheel when it was in their shop for repair yet wanted to charge me to fix it. In a situation like this doesn’t a business do a full inspection on an item before any work begins to protect themselves from being blamed for damage they didn’t do? In the past I’ve asked to review the initial inspection report on this wheel but never got a straight answer on my request.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
  10. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    Not yet,come back in about a 1/2 hour.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you aren't even a Ferrari owner or even a legit FerrariChat user. you have a Vette C4 and just going around internet to communities you have no interest in participating just to attack HRE. Corvette Forums shut you up, so you go to an unrelated forum. Pretty pathetic, if you have a problem with HRE and not getting the results you want, then sue them! I've learned the more talk, the less walk.

12. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Who installed your wheels? What kind of tire machine did they use? The chip on the edge where it meets rubber makes me think of how they were installed?

13. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    The tires were last mounted by an authorized HRE distributor I bought the wheels through.

14. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    Been in touch with HRE have you? Got your attention so something must be working,a little exposure is better than none. How exactly do you know what I own,have we ever met,have you been in my garage?

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    HRE_Jurrian likes this.
  16. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Did you inspect immediately after they were installed? That area of the wheel doesn't remind me of where a rock chip would happen. It also doesn't look like the coating just peeled off like that. It looks more like something hit it.

4th_gear likes this.
  17. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I know every inch of this car. It’s never seen rain in all the years I’ve owned,wont take it out of the garbage if it has to sit in the sun. If something hit the wheel causing the damage there should at least be something on the surface of the wheel,some type of mark and there was nothing.

18. HRE_Jurrian

HRE_Jurrian Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Exactly our thoughts as well, which we described to Jeff originally about a year ago:

[​IMG]

It is not the responsibility of HRE to cover damages that have been done by the shop or person who has mounted and balanced the wheel (this is laid out on our warranty page). That isn't something that's covered under warranty because it's not a defect, rather something impacted the wheel and caused the damage, it wasn't the fault of the wheel itself, not a defect, therefore not covered under warranty. Again, despite all that, we've still offered you free refinishing as you see from the email screenshot above.

19. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well, there's your problem.

You parked it in the garbage.

DrewH and thorn like this.
  20. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Jeff, you should definitely talk to an attorney.

One who specializes in online content....

Have him review your new Facebook page and all the posts in different car forums.

Sickpuppy likes this.
  21. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What a bunch off blaa, blaaa, blaaa. Just get your wheels refinished. I have had my Ferrari wheels refinished a few times and the wheels on my S63 a few times. There is a great local shop that makes them look better than when they were new. It is so cheap that it isn't worth the time to make a big deal of it. Now if mechanics were just a little more careful I could get away with refinishing a little less. One of the Mercedes episodes made me cringe. Our local Mercedes dealer has a glass wall so you can watch your car being worked on from ten feet away. My first service when new I watched the bone head go up with an impact wrench with no plastic spinner on his impact socket and peel the paint off of every damn wheel around the lug nuts. Forget the impact wrench everything by hand! I have a lovely new Snap-On torque wrench.

22. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Jeff,

One of the scratches is almost positively a result of something the occurred during the mounting process. I can see a scrape on the bead wall need to the scratch on the rim, likely caused by the prybar as the tire rotated on the machine.

Another scratch looks like a stone impact, and the tire also has a nick in that same location.

It can be very difficult to flawlessly mount performance tires, and the lower the profile, the harder it gets. You need to bring these issues to the shop that installed them.

23. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018

24. DUNTOVFAN

DUNTOVFAN Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    If your referring to this picture this mark is between the clear and the aluminum wheel hoop,it is not on the surface of the clear and isn’t a scratch.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL, this is all about a crappy C4 Corvette? From the whining, I thought it was a La Ferrari......moving along, nothing to see here