IT careers? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

IT careers?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by sduke, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I certainly don't overlook it! It sits in the back of my mind and serves as inspiration every time I come to post on Fchat. Very uplifting IMO.

I also feel I share a similar predicament to you, as I really don't know exactly what I want to do with my life. I tend to get interested in things, consume them whole, and become bored after only a few years. *sigh* :)

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    If that's the case, then things will start to pick up rapidly in 2 years time (1997/2006), escalate exponentially in 3 (1998/2007), go crazy in 4 (1999/2008), and crash the year after (2000/2009). I really don't see that happening. Until a new niche is found which can be hyped like the Internet was in the late 1990's, I think the IT Industry with stagnate like it has done so for the last 3 years.

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett

4. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    can i sign up here too?

thing is, i sorta fell into systems development, purely because i didn't like the systems we were given to use. now, because of all the stuff i've made for our area, i'm fairly inexpendable (as much as that can be possible) as no-one else can do what i've done... not without spending a year going through the nitty-gritty of my stuff.

but, being govt, they'll never pay me a good salary (they're trying to add $10k in the next month), but i enjoy what i do. i study at Google University :D, and get by just fine at it. however i'm tired of my city (hey thrawn) and while i really like the people around me, i'm sick of being among the same group of people for so long.

so here i am, thinking of a career move, however i've got no ambition to werk for someone else, and am too lazy to start up my own venture. :(

i'm thinking of spending a few months delivering pizza's, i think that would be great to take a break and sort out life.