355 - It was worth all the effort (clutch leak).. | FerrariChat

355 It was worth all the effort (clutch leak)..

Discussion in '348/355' started by MikeeB355, Jul 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeeB355

MikeeB355 Karting

Dec 7, 2019
    S Wales
    Full Name:
    Michel Bee
    Well, after what seemed like an eternity I finally got to the bottom of what was causing the leak on my car, it was missing a seal! When I stripped the CRB it had seal no 131651 fitted so I just replaced it, not thinking any more than that but the leak remained. My problem was the oil was tracking down the tube and out onto the pressure plate where it was being flung all around the housing. It was such a small amount of oil escaping it was nearly impossible to trace the source but a big shout out to the Eagle eye of Stuart at Shiltech for noticing that seal no 170894 should have actually been there instead. I think the reason it hadn't leaked before was that the oil level was low enough not to escape through the spigot bearing but when it was topped up at the service it obviously became an issue.
    Anyway, thanks to those who also helped here, I won't embarrass you but you know who you are, sorry to be such a pain with it, i promise the next job will be seen to by the guys at Shiltrch without delay.
    Heres a little video clip I made on Sunday after getting her back together, even the sun made an appearance for us.
    Thanks again