Italia Fest this weekend | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Italia Fest this weekend

Discussion in 'Florida' started by sindo308qv, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Paul and Barton are both correct. That is the car and the event was Redman's Targa 66. I mistakenly said Italia Fest.

2. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    The owner is a nice older Italian guy who is a self made millionare. He worked hard all his life to get to where he is now, (as most of us have), and is enjoying his semi-retirement driving his Challenge car.
    There does seem to be an error in judgement here or he received some bad advice. To most Floridians Moroso is familiar turf and easily navigated. To many others it is difficult and dangerous. Even the Skip Barber instructors have tremendous respect for the circuit. I don't think this car will be repaired again, though. The last time the dollar was strong and it made sense to send it to Zanasi, he is the best!!

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Hello Bertocchi.
    I know A.S. also. Nice guy.
    Welcoome to FChat. Are you in Florida? Maybe we know each other? Let me know. Thanks.

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yes, that image was made by my colleague Robin Thompson at the Brian Redman event. I thought it looked familiar.

In any case, perhaps it is best if the owner is not experienced on the track that he either takes a driving course as offered by some of the clubs. Or, a bit less potent machine to get the hang of things.

Its a real shame such a beautiful car has been wasted to badly.

BHW

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Hey everyone.....I just figured out who Bertocchi is. He is Ferrari's BEST engine builder ever. What an honor to have him here.
    I guess he is open to answering any questions.

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I agree with you in some respect. You can do with money whatever you please to. He may very well deserve to buy a Challenge and if he wrecks it its his money not mine BUT (and you knew there was a BUT coming) if you chose to wreck your car endangering others or cutting their time sessions short because of dumb driving it goes beyond YOUR money and what YOU can do with YOUR money!

I don't think it is a discussion item if he wrecks his car twice on the same track. He simply can not drive.
    If this is a competition and was during a race hell, things can happen. This is on a open track session all amateurs no trophies, no prizes. Why do you have to try to run your car on slicks in the rain at 110% of thec ar and 210% of your driving ability?

Moroso is not an easy track. In fact there is a lot you can do wrong. The last turn is actually pretty tricky. But then, since he has already wrecked the same car there before you figure he will learna nd take it easier.

A driving instructor will tell you to feel to the limits of the car not bring the limit so you know that you overstepped it.

As I said, he should be bared from entering another track event unless he has successfully completed a multiple day driving course and if I ever have anything to say about that, I will make sure this exactly will be enforced.

7. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    you tell 'em Martin.

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003