Italy and Coronavirus | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I spoke with a friend of mine in Milano this morning. He said the European Citizens from Schengen Area are not allowed yet to enter the USA. We start thinking this is becoming a real obstacle, thinking of a 50% - 50% chance he can travel next month for Monterey week. Of course, all is very fluid.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It’s been since MARCH 2020!
    Only way he can come is by spending 2 weeks in an non Schengen country and then come here, for instance turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I wouldn't bet this is going to be better soon...the french authorities said yesterday that "there wil not be a return to our former, normal life in 2021; perhaps in 2022, or more realistically in 2023"; many countries are experiencing a new wave of cases with the "Delta variant" now, and there will probably be other new variants in the future, as it is normal with all viruses (= they evolve and adapt). There is also the strange case of Iceland these days, one of the "most vaccinated countries" in the world, which is experiencing a new spike in cases that no-one is able to explain for the time being.
    We are not finished with this thing yet.
    Rgds

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Death rate is down. Vaccines were never meant to fully eradicate any diseases in fact they either prevent u from catching it OR reduce symptoms etc. If you look at it most people dying are vaccinated.
    It’s pretty upsetting to see the borders still close to vaccinated people. I been back to France once but my parents, fully vaccinated, aren’t able to see their grandchildren so I’m going to have to go again in September.

5. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Thought was, if double vaccinated, restrictions were lifted earlier this year. That obviously/apparently not current environment for Schengen countries.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

No the restrictions were EVER lifted for Schengen area, even for double jabbed. 0, nichts, nada, nothing,niet… same thing since March 2020… a disgrace

7. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Thanks for the accurate info. Common sense doesn’t prevail. Gov’t at its “best”.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep… Europe let’s the kardashian IN but we don’t let tested and vaccinated tourists in. **** show

Nembo1777 likes this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    "If you look at it, most people dying are vaccinated"

That's a typo, no? You mean "unvaccinated", probably

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Rgds

10. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Your referring to the US policy on letting EU citizens into the US correct?

11. Natkingcolebasket69

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes correct as well… absolutely disgraceful that Joe doesn’t do the same for vaccinated people

Nembo1777 likes this.
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Alas today the White House announced that the travel ban for EU citizens is extended until further notice due to rising virus levels on both sides of the Atlantic...:mad:

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Disgraceful. They say they believe in science but my parents fully vaccinated can’t travel?!
    So that is feeding the anti vax guys… it sends the message that science isn’t that reliable…
    So mad… I got young children that can’t see their grandparents…anyways going to France in September but not looking forward to it and airfair is insane

Nembo1777 likes this.
  15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    here in Italy there will be the "green pass" starting from August 6th: only fully vaccinated people can go INSIDE restaurants, museums, take a plane and so on. But they can have e meal stay in the outside area of a restaurant on so on. So, if you come here, don't forget to take with you the official vaccine documentation.

Here daily cases rised to 5k a day since a week or so, but the last two days they were no more than 3 k a day: most of them are very young guys not vaccinated yet, so the actual situation doesn't look dramatic at all, here.

This said, I don't know flight rules

ciao

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Only fully vaccinated on a plane? Not heard that one in France yet. That’s another level.
    I understand the virus mostly kills and hit older ppl but not just them. It’s mutating and some younger folks have been hit too…so stupid of them not taking the vaccine.

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Let's see what happens, as also here every day they change something... ;)

ciao

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  19. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    The green certificate spoken of applies to EU citizens correct? We (US Citizens) have a card issued us by the CDC showing we are fully vaccinated, on what dates and with which vaccine. I used it in France in the beginning of the month and it was accepted along with the PCR test (within 72 hours)

20. Natkingcolebasket69

U mean to get ur pass sanitaire? Because U can fly to with just PCR right now.
    I’m thinking those Covid card they give us in the USA are impossible for the French to verify and likely easy to be counterfeit

21. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    They accepted it no problem. In fact I was asked for 4 things when I arrived at CDG, (1) Passport (2) Vaccination Proof (3) PCR Test result <rapid test not accepted> (4) I had to show them my return ticket

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah when I went back home (and still now) vaccine is not required to enter France though.
    Good info though;)

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I understand it probably will after August 1st, just as it will be for restaurants, etc...

Rgds

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Will see… for now it’s just pcr or vaccine.
    Im concerned about how Europe will verify the validity of the us vaccine .
    I mean all we have here is a piece of paper. So easy to copy Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Make sure you don't tell anyone!:rolleyes: