Italy and Coronavirus | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    And I have already photoshopped a couple of fully vaxxed ones "just in case".......:p And I'm not even going til Nov/Dec.......

2. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    So just to clear up a few things. I was in Paris from June 28th until July 5th of this year.
    When I arrived at JFK and checked in with Delta I was required to show my passport, CDC vaccine card and the results of a PCR test taken with 72 hours of my flight. When I arrived in Paris CDG, I was asked for my passport, proof of vaccine, PCR test AND my return ticket back to the US.

When I left Paris CDG, I was asked for my passport only & boarding pass to get into the gate area. AT the gate, we had to show our passports again, PCR test result and our vaccine card. this was done by Delta/Air France personal at the boarding gate.

So unless something has changed going to France, this was the protocol.
    Italy requires only proof of full vaccination for a US citizen to go to Italy. Leaving all US citizens must show a PCR test taken with 72 hours.

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I don't know about the U.S piece of papers, of course. But in France, some wise guys have started to manufacture false certificates, and sell them, and I can tell you the administration is not laughing about this. The code to be scanned is impossible to falsify, it is fitted with a proof that it has been emitted by the state administration, and the penalty is "up to three years of prison" for "Faux et usage de faux", AND € 45.000 fine.
    I wouldn't even try...

Rgds

greg328, Nicolas21, tritone and 2 others like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yeah France doesn’t require vaccination. Not sure why they asked u this. I flew Airfrance they don’t ask for it… maybe a delta requirement which I doubt.
    USA are a green country for France so just PCR needed and no quarantine, even Orange only needs self quarantine

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france#sommaire_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Also here it's better not trying to falsify the EU Digital COVID Certificate: it's a crime and you could be even arrested. Each certificate has a number and with the number they can know whom the certificate belongs to. You MUST show the police (or the one who is checking your certificate) also your identity document, so you can't escape

ciao

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Of course!
    I am in no way shape of form Suggesting to do so;)
    I am simply noting that the us mechanism is very poor: no QR code, no social security number checked etc… Some people were selling on EBay that piece of paper.

tritone likes this.
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Never try to cheat an administration on "red tape", they know that they are the best at it, so they feel offended...
    Rumor has it that the official start for the controls of the Vaccination Codes, etc...in France will only start on August 9th...

Rgds

8. Natkingcolebasket69

U mean pass sanitaire checks?

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes: the checks are already mandatory for some large crowd attendances, but for the restaurants and trains, it seems that the legal framework will only be ready on August 9th:

https://www.linternaute.com/sortir/guide-des-loisirs/2538272-pass-sanitaire-son-extension-aux-trains-et-restaurants-quelles-dates/

Meranwhile, some "wise" persons (read here= stupid, actually) who were forging false vaccination certificates will have time to think about it:
    one "solid" year of prison plus six months under suspension, and 10.000 euros fine for having forged false vaccination certificates:

https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2021/07/29/trafic-de-faux-certificats-de-vaccination-dans-la-seine-saint-denis-un-an-de-prison-ferme-pour-une-contractuelle-de-la-cpam_6089953_3224.html

Rgds

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I had a drink with my GF at la Reserve yesterday, one of the top 5 star resorts in Geneva. It was packed, four Ferraris and several Maybachs etc but the number plates were mostly Swiss and French, German nt so many from the rest of Europe which was unusual compared to other summers. I also did not hear any American accents and the bar manager confirmed that there were few Americans in the past few weeks since they have been allowed in Europe again.

This tendency is confirmed by this article saying that there is active tourism within Europe but that far away tourists are not back in strong numbers yet.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/tourisme-la-france-attend-50-millions-de-visiteurs-etrangers-cet-ete-selon-jean-baptiste-lemoyne-20210801

It seems Americans are confused by all the different rules in each European nation and not rushing to come back. We have three American families who have summer homes here in Burgundy including my ex family home and they are all back for the first time in two years after the travel ban ended for US citizens last month, tidying up their gardens that had gone a bit wild.

Likewise 80 to 90% of French people have or will be staying within France for their holidays. We booked a few days in Mykonos, Greece mid August and went inside the Geneva airport yesterday; the parking lots were packed as were the terminals, full of people eager to travel after confinements but of course the flight boards showed not flights to and from the US...there are a few for those with special permits...there were no flights to and from Asia either when we were there around 5PM.

I might head to Italy and Spain for work with added beach time in late August, September but looking at the Covid rules too long in advance is a waste of time as they change a lot everywhere.

11. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    my cousins drove from Paris to Italy as they have a home on the coast equidistant between Rome & Naples, no issues, traffic much lighter than prior years
    you are correct about the rules/rule changes, people in America don't feel comfortable yet en-masse to return to Europe. while not good for Italy/France, I'm good with it as the late summer early Sept congestion is manageable.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Covid statistics are, FOR THE TIME BEING, much better in Italy than in France: average daily cases for the last seven days = 5,419 in Italy versus 21,935 in France (average daily deaths: 17 versus 38).
    But, before end September, things might evolve a lot, of course.
    And you must take into account the growing number of cases in the US (John Hopkins Institute figures: average new cases each day for the last seven days = 79,769 vs 51,972 seven days before) which might push some european Governments towards restricting arrivals, especially after last week's study which shows that a full vaccinated person might still carry the virus and contaminate others.
    That makes for an uneasy situation regarding planning travels and booking flights...
    I'm staying put until next summer; no travel abroad, no flying. Perhaps it will be easier and simpler next year...but who knows? One of the new variants that will continue to appear could be resistant to vaccines, etc...

Rgds

13. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you Nerofer. We are now planning our Italy trip for mid to last May next year. Sante

14. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Thanks for the information. I suppose that is what travel insurance is for! As of now I still have intentions of going unless something happens otherwise.
    In the UK the numbers have plateaued https://www.ft.com/content/cb86d9a8-665d-467e-9b92-4b80e905060c
    can't explain it, though I'm guessing everything has to do with where you get your statistics

Nembo1777 likes this.
  15. nonferrariuser212

Apr 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    snow
    to enter italy (from US), copy of vacination card is OK? I don't wan to lose original. Does custom require showing Return air ticket? (I plan to buy there.)

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  17. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    All statistics agree that the U.K has plateaued since about a week ago; the UK authorities actually think that the U.K explosion in number of cases they started to register at the beginning of July (+ ONE MILLION cases in two weeks, or 15% of all UK contaminations since the begining of the pandemy!) came from the European soccer championship, and too many public gatherings in the pubs, etc...which led to a lot of infections.
    The UK authorities say that they should start to see during this week if the "freedom day" of July 19th, and the abandon of all mandatory safety measures (you are of course still free to wear a mask, should you wish to do so) will lead to an increase in the number of cases or not.

Rgds

Dai Baracca likes this.
  18. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
  19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Green Card is for EU cictizens only, of course. Look what they will ask you depending from the Nation you belong to

ciao

20. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Hi

I am planning to go to Italy from the US in Sept.

I was provided his link https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html to check requirements for entering. It's also good to use for other countries.

After completing the questions , for my case , these are the requirements:

If you are travelling to Italy from Canada, Japan or the United States:
    • You must fill out a digital Passenger Locator Form (or, in case of lack of necessary technology, a self-declaration); and present it to the carrier or any other authorised person, either printed or on your mobile device.
    • You may present to the carrier, or any other authorised person, a Covid Certificate (also known as Green Pass or Covid-19 Green Certificate) or equivalent certificate issued by your local health authorities in Canada, Japan or the USA, showing proof that you have either:
      • been vaccinated against COVID-19 with an EMA authorised vaccine and you have completed the prescribed vaccination cycle since at least fourteen (14) days;
      • received a negative result of a molecular or antigenic test carried out in the 48 hours before your arrival;
      • recovered from COVID-19 and you are no longer under prescription of self-isolation.
    A Covid Certificate compliant with Italian (and EU) rules or equivalent certificate will allow travellers from Canada, Japan or the United States to enter Italy without having to self-isolate and get tested after self-isolating.

If you are travelling from Canada, Japan or the United States but you cannot obtain a Covid Certificate compliant with Italian rules or equivalent, you may enter Italy but you will have to follow the steps described above, from 1 to 6.

Children under the age of six (6) are always exempt from the requirement of a molecular or antigenic test but must still self-isolate, if required.

Such provisions are in force until August 30, 2021, as per Order of July 29, 2021.

Border Officers in Italy may always request that you fill out a paper-based self-statement upon arrival.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

What a mess. Starting to wonder if we should just say, not vaccinated can’t go to public hospital if sick, figure it out

22. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    @Alcav5 thanks, that is what I thought. When I was in France in the beginning of July they required my CDC Vaccination card showing both shots & a PCR test taken 72 hours prior to leaving (not the rapid PCR). All docs were checked at JFK prior to leaving and then once again when going through French customs.
    I am in Italy from Aug. 30th to Sept. 12th and we will till need the negative PCR test in order to enter the US.

Alcav5 likes this.
  23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ridiculous

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s frustrating isn’t it?!
    Im appalled by all this.

25. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I meant your post is ridiculous. You are saying if someone decides not to get vaxxed and gets sick they should not be able to go to a public hospital? That’s crazy