Italy and Coronavirus | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    the pictures, the 1st of the tomato, that was my breakfast one morning.
    the second of the Insalata di Mare was at their beachfront restaurant Cala Masciola
    the last was one of the courses for the Chef's tasting menu at Due Camini
    like I said great region, people, food, wonderful experience

Alcav5 likes this.
  2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Did you stay at Borgo Egnazia ? That place looks so nice , I would love to stay there when the weather is good...

Not to beat the Covid requirements to death but I read this morning , US citizens that are vaccinated do not need test before entering Italy.

US citizens retuning to US must have test no more than 3 days before flight.
    So now I am curious , where do I get this test ? And how long does it take for them to give me clear notice ?

Also I am still not sure about the intercountry flight between cities (Alitalia website not helping me) .

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #703 Nembo1777, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Am elbows deep in the middle of that as my gf and I are heading from France to Mykonos Greece Tuesday via Geneva. I am double vaxxed but she is not at all so needs to do it. The rules may differ country to country of course but here is some data for Greece as an example: unvaccinated you have to take a PCR test no more than 72 hours before landing in the destination country. PCR test results can be same day; 24 hours or 36 hours so make sure you have the precise answer or you will not get them soon enough and won't be allowed to travel/enter the country.

The other alternative, antigenic test results, are available within ten minutes but there are mostly no appointments and the lines for those are long, a pharmacy o the French side near Geneva reported two hour lines, 50 people at 5PM...

Not all countries may accept antigenic tests...For Greece they have to be done less than 48 hours before landing.

Then you have to fill in a passenger locator form online with your details and the address of where you will be staying as well as you Covid test resut as per parameters required: this what the Greece one looks like:

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

I did for Austria in April when I went to inspect a car and had to provide reasons for traveling -they were in full lockdown- Covid PCR results, a return flight proof, then I got the permission to enter the country online, it was automated. In Vienna airport Covid documents were verified by military in battle clothes!

Alcav5 likes this.
  4. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Good eye! Yes we stayed at Borgo Egnazia for our time in Puglia and just drove around to see the sights.
    So to answer your question, my Hotel in Rome the Sofitel Villa Borghese is arranging the test for me. Have to clarify how it is being done, in the Hotel OR do I go to a Laboratory like I did in France. I am still waiting for the response. Will let you know. Yes I read about the either/or with Italy. Hoping nothing nothing changes by the end of the month. Also I read that Biden was considering opening up tourism to EU nations for people fully vaccinated (both shots)
    France was easy, no appointment, you get on line, waited about an hour, had the results same day.

5. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Superb ! I am jealous , Borgo Egnazia's website is even relaxing... :cool:

I am trying to get testing info for my trip home. Since I will not be staying in a major hotel for more than one night before I travel home I am searching and sending questions to where I am staying and airline so to find out how to assuredly get a test & results before flight.

I have a month , things may change too , hopefully for the better . Anymore info you get would be great to read.

6. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    as soon as I hear back from the Sofitel I will let you know! I will be in Italy from Aug. 30th to Sept 8th.

Alcav5 likes this.
  7. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Nice. I am leaving on 9th until 21st.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    There is a very small restaurant - not much more than a room and the kitchen, actually - in Paris that had pugliese cuisine as a speciality, near Montparnasse.

Rgds

Dai Baracca likes this.
  9. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    So I just heard back from the Sofitel, they informed me that there are several Pharmacies in Rome that give the rapid antigen test and that the results are had sameday within 30 minutes. No appointment, 2 of those pharmacies are within a 5 minute walk of the Sofitel Villa Borghese.
    So there is our answer I will email for the name of those Pharmacies and their addresses and post when I hear back

Alcav5 likes this.
  10. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Still open? My cousin in Paris likes to eat authentic Italian....LOL

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Just checked at the minute: "Apulia", rue Liancourt, Paris 14: seems not to have survived the lockdown, unfortunately: definitively closed.

Authentic Italian more or less in the same part of Paris (around the Montparnasse railway station):
    I would recommend:
    "Croccante", 138 rue de Vaugirard. My italian collegues say it is very italian; held by italians; italian spoken. Usually very crowded, especially for lunch.
    "Pastamore", 37 boulevard du Montparnasse; also held by Italians, italian spoken, also tested and approved by italians

Further down to the South of Paris (15è arrondissement):
    "Via del Gusto", 344, rue de Vaugirard; also held by Italians; Italian spoken, also tested and approved by Italians

All three are rather small; it is recommended to call and make a reservation.

Rgds

Alcav5 and Dai Baracca like this.
  12. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    will pass that information along! Grazie!

13. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Greece is a big country I know but you may want to check the fire situation in the district you are planning to visit.

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #714 Nembo1777, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    We are flying directly from Geneva to Mykonos (not via Athens) and will stay put there with perhaps a boat daytrip to a nearby island. As of now there are no fires on Mykonos because it is a very arid island: not much to burn in the first place.

Mainland Greece is in trouble yes...

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Go first thing in the morning if the pharmacy reports there are usually lines.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  16. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Yes I learned that from our France trip in July...got there at 10ish and we waited about an hour on line. not bad

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    We are doing just that tomorrow morning but arriving a little before the pharmacy opens.

18. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    When are you traveling, iow when do you need the test results . Have you done this before?
    Do you wait for results or do they (can they) email you?

Thx

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I am double vaxxed, this is for my girlfriend, antigenic Covid test the results are within 10-30 minutes. We are headed tuesday morning to Mykonos.

For PCR tests it takes time and depends on the lab test in the morning results in the late afternoon, evening or next day. Yes of course they email you. Triple check that they write your email correctly otherwise you are in trouble.

I did lots of PCR tests in the spring before I was vaccinated, my nose still hurts and I know the routine, I posted about that some time ago, extensively.

Alcav5 and Dai Baracca like this.
  20. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Alcav5 likes this.
  21. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thanks

Because my travel is unique, i need to be 100% sure.

I plan on leaving Bari at night, arrive in FCO after 10pm , stay overnight at airport hotel then leave at noon for NY.
    I'm looking into going Monday to a pharmacy in Bari area where I'll be then do fast test , get results. That should be good for my Tuesday flight , idk

Dai Baracca likes this.
  22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Do your research ahead of time look online for which ones do antigen tests and go there early.

Dai Baracca and Alcav5 like this.
  23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    My gf did antigen test this morning both nostrils double ouch but it was quick and results within thirty minutes.
    Delivered in person and then email.

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  25. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Did you show them the pass. locator form in paper or on your phone ?