Italy and Coronavirus | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I had it on paper, she in her phone.

2. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Enjoy your vacation!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Nice clear skies given the fires.......enjoy!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Just for the mention: first check yesterday of the covid pass in a parisian restaurant for lunch; not very thorough: he checked that I had a pass, but not what was written on it.

Rgds

Nembo1777 likes this.
  5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks:) Having a fruit juice on water front right now, wonderful, no photo as WiFi is slow.

Masks are very occasionally loosely enforced indoors.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well no fires here but very slight haze in sky, confirmed by locals to be from mainland Greet fires

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yesterday, Wednesday August 11th, in Paris:
    - another restaurant for lunch; this time, very thorough control of the sanitary pass: whether I had mine, then what's written on it, dates of vaxx, etc...
    - High Speed Train (= "TGV") at the end of the afternoon: situation "contrasted", shall we say:
    for the train on the right side of the platform, each and every passenger was checked; those satisfying the check got a kind of "hospital ring/strap" around the wrist, and were allowed to climb on board; those who didn't satisfy the check were politely invited to go home.
    for the train on the left ("mine"), no control whatsoever, not even at random; but the train, which I have taken every week for the last two months, was almost empty; it was full one week before.
    Perhaps the holydays (?? the #2 and #3 weeks of August are traditionnaly the low ebb in Paris, everyone is in holydays) or go figure...

Rgds

Nicolas21 and Nembo1777 like this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Went to the "Pastamore" today (37, Boulevard du Montparnasse, Paris VIè) they are doing their business well, despite the consequences of the lock-down.
    Had their "antipasti" for one person, then "Maccheroni à la Carbonara" (= the real one Carbonara, not the "french style" Carbonara) with a bottle of "Piluna" primitivo...
    (well, actually you could say: one bottle for one person? I shouldn't have, but you know how it is...)
    Still one of my favorites...
    Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

9. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yum!

tritone likes this.
  10. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    @nerofer very nice!! Castello Monaci is a large wine producer but they act like a little one in the care they take in making the wine. I went to the vineyard in 2019 when in Puglia, its many things not just a vineyard. The Carbonara looks the goods!!! Nice guanciale, yolk of egg & pecorino...NO CREAM...NO BUTTER!!
    I will file that in my list of places to eat when I am back in Paris this Fall.
    NYC has taken a page out of the France book. Starting tomorrow, everyone over the age of 12 must show proof of vaccination in order to dine inside a restaurant. It is not necessary for outdoor dining. Under the age of 12 must wear a mask. Restaurants will be fined $1000 per incident starting on Sept. 13th if they do not comply.
    So far my Italy trip in 2 weeks is still ON!! Looking forward to being back in Europe

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes indeed! the French tend to corrupt the "Carbonara" most of the time with cream and butter, which is very wrong; it helps to have Italian friends who help you to know what the "real deal" is.
    When you're back in Paris, let me know, perhaps we could try to have lunch (or dinner...) together if we could match our agendas.
    As for the "sanitary pass", well: it is what it is: we will not discuss the political matters here, truth and FACTS are that infection rate is unfortunately still too high (= still around 23.500 new cases each day on average...) so the restaurant's owners have to do it, and we have to present it, and that's all.

Rgds

tritone likes this.
  12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    O.K; back to the same place today! As any "Parisian" worth the name knows, the second and third weeks of August are the best: nobody in town, as everyone is on vacation. (Trouble is: most of the restaurants are closed also...)
    Heaven ends on August the 23rd this year...

Rgds

13. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    If you are an admirer of Castello Monaci, try the wine at the extreme right hand side of the picture called AIACE it is their Cru Primitivo, tremendous wine & great value!
    a votre sante`

Nembo1777 likes this.
  14. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Leaving Sunday:D:D already have a couple of reservations for dinner set. No change in the requirements for entering or leaving Italy as of today.
    The Hotel in Rome is taking care of our testing for return to US. I am looking forward to getting back to Italy.

Alcav5 and absostone like this.
  15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    No reason for the requirements to change: Italy is still managing the "delta variant" surge very well: average numbers of daily new cases was 6322 during week 32, 6278 during week 33, and 6250 up to today during week 34 (J.H.I figures).
    Still only about a third of what France achieves...
    Have a nice trip!

Rgds

Dai Baracca likes this.
  16. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    "Dai Baracca" : Safe travels...please post after return and lets us know how it went. Thanks, Keith

Dai Baracca likes this.
  17. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Will do, I am really looking forward to some R&R. Will let you all know how things go.

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    As of this morning there is talk in the media about the EU banning US visitors again so you arrived here just in time.

19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Indeed, but every "member state" will have the freedom to accept "full vaccinated" visitors should it wish to do so.
    Rgds

Dai Baracca and Nembo1777 like this.
  20. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I think "new" on the Italian Ministry of foreign affairs website is the requirement that US travelers show proof of a negative swab within 72 hours in addition to a vaccination card and locator form.

NEWS!

Persons travelling from Canada, Japan and the United States of America may enter Italy by presenting a ‘Green Pass’ (or equivalent certificate issued by the local health authorities attesting that they are fully vaccinate with a European Medicines Agency (EMA) validated vaccine), a negative swab test carried out within the previous 72 hours and a Passenger Locator Form.

21. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Sorrento is as always stunning! Feel just as safe here as in the states. Getting your test for return to US is easy as there are many pharmacies that perform rapid antigen tests. Will post up pics of food and Vino on my return. Those interested In traveling do it!

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Enjoy the good life; Italy is a marvellous country.

Rgds

Albert-LP, Dai Baracca and absostone like this.
  23. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    To someone post about changing criteria for US citizens. There is talk of banning US citizens from travel to the EU. However in the same breath, nations are allowed to set their own criteria. There is talk that Italy will require a 72hr swab test prior to arriving. In Italy you are supposed to show your Green Pass/vaccine card to dine inside, ala NYC, however no one here is asking. Show up masked up, with a reservation and you are dining inside or out.

Albert-LP likes this.
  24. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Crap , I hope they don't ban before next week .

I do plan on taking a test before flight.

Dai Baracca likes this.