It's a race weekend and you can talk about it here - Brazil pre-race | Page 5 | FerrariChat

It's a race weekend and you can talk about it here - Brazil pre-race

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Nov 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Not happy to see this. I like Ricci!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132910/ricciardo-likely-to-get-brazil-grid-penalty

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo is "likely" to take a Formula 1 grid penalty for this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix following his Renault engine failure in Mexico.

Renault suffered a series of problems in Mexico City, with Ricciardo, Renault's Nico Hulkenberg and Toro Rosso's Brendon Hartley all retiring.

Ricciardo had taken a series of grid penalties for that race, following engine component changes, in a bid to be penalty free for Sunday's race at Interlagos.

He has now suggested the failure of the MGU-H in Mexico would mean he will need a new part, which will be his eighth of the season, triggering a penalty.

"I may have to take another penalty, it's likely at this stage," said Ricciardo.

"We could maybe avoid it, but it's probably going to put us at a risk of not finishing.

"We tried to avoid it last week but it still didn't happen.

"It probably won't be a big one but if it is, it could be a 10-place drop."

3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'm having a hard time getting excited about these last two races. Brazil can be wild though. Especially if it rains during the race. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    JUST RELEASED BY FOM!!!

Timo Glocks on-board 2008 final lap. He is having drama with the car due to wet conditions while everyone else passes him by. Old tyres??

2008 Brazil Grand Prix | Timo Glock's Dramatic Final Lap

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah, hands quivering at the thought of the massive payday that awaits as his buddy drives past into fifth. If he was that bad in the wet, he shouldn't have been in a go cart, let alone make it to f1. My Mrs would have better car control on her first day in an f1 car! (Although when she was 18 I let her drive my Aston and she put it in a ditch within 500 yards)

NEP, moretti and Bas like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    :D....:eek:

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I can hear LH on the radio n FP1 "You need to tell the FIA to fill in those grooves... The buzzing is causing my silk panties to bunch up!!" :D

moretti and daytona355 like this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Granny Get Your Gun! That was pathetic, the cars sound great though.

moretti and daytona355 like this.
  10. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010

Hehe, don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy: :D

- Timo was not a friend of Lewis Hamilton.
    - Timo was a GP2 Champion, and a strong wet weather driver.
    - Timo was on dry tires, while the others had stopped for wet or intermediates
    - Rain was intensifying.
    - By staying out on dry tires, Timo finished higher than he had been running previously!

So, great call Toyota, and great car control Timo. Great championship win Lewis :D Great drive Massa, one of his best days...

kraftwerk likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Timo and Elton used to party together in the UK back in the day

Timo was pretty useless in the wet that day, so lends more TO the conspiracy than not

He had just two corners to go and suddenly went completely to pieces, course he didn’t

So he’d stayed as a tactic on dry tyres to finish higher, and only started having issues at what should have been full downforce in the final sector? Really believe that? I have a bridge I can sell you, barely used and very famous !

:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The driver you're thinking of was Adrian Sutil, not Timo Glock...

Anyway, you have to no answer to the fact that Timo was on dry tires on a rapidly deteriorating wet track - all the people passing him were on wets or intermediates. He was only ahead of that group of cars (including Lewis) in the first place because he had not pitted. Do you not see the car snapping sideways on every corner?:D

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s no good arguing about it now, at the time, many many commentators discussed how strange it was that glock suddenly lost his touch. The whole field had slowed for the rain and he was doing fine until his friend came up behind him

Timo and Elton used to party together in the UK, I know, as I was well aware of the two of them at the time being buddies in the pit lane. Sutil was also a friend of his, and yes, he was the one that Elton decided he wouldn’t bother turning up at court for and ended up getting done for assault What a nice friend to have eh? Hour of need and you get his ansaphone! Classy

14. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    How exactly did Hamilton radio to Timo, mid race, to slow down just enough to get passed him one corner from home? Or did he use ESP to beam his orders mysteriously through the ether?

Or is the Timo hate and conspiracy theory just sour grapes?

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I reckon he looked in his mirrors, and the team likely told him his buddy was coming from behind him, doesn't take too much thinking about does it?

Look, you have your opinion, I have mine. You won't change my mind, and I won't change yours. Who cares?

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLO, the things we do for a beautifull girl!!

When i was in college i would pick the bus in front of my wife's house ...i was always early...and she was always late, i would let a couple of Buses go by untill she showed up, so i could catch the same bus as her...and she would say, what a coincidence, i always catch you here!

Ps: I admite the Aston has far more sex apeal than the Bus....and it's a bit less crowded...but hey, i still got the girl!

Remy Zero and daytona355 like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahaha. Exactly. Luckily she didn’t do any damage, but I’ve spent more on a lot less! :)

18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Unfortunately you are wrong. Teams will take opportunities like this to test new parts, etc. Take Mercedes for example.

From a drivers point of view, winning the next two races could mentally boost them for next season. Don't forget, after Lewis won the title in 2015, Nico won the last few races of that year, before winning the first few of 2016. It's motivation.

DF1 likes this.
  19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Watch the video posted above.

The very end of the second sector and start of the third sector are low-speed corners that rely on mechanical grip. You could see he was increasingly struggling in the intensifying rain and it was the tight corners where he was getting passed by other cars. The back end stepped out multiple times as he struggled to get the power down. The moment that Hamilton passed him, he was trying to get the power down from a tight corner that then runs uphill. I really think you're grasping at straws here to try to diminish that particular WDC-clinching moment as handed to Hamilton by a friendly rival driver.

All the best,
    Andrew.

kraftwerk likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Entitled to your opinion Andrew, various commentators at the time agree wth me

moretti likes this.
  21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    My second missus nearly put my 7 series into a telegraph pole within the first kilometre when I let her have a drive ............ luckily she compensated for poor driving skills in other ways :p

There are VERY few women I would let drive my Ferrari, my sister being one, she is a demon driver :)

daytona355 likes this.
  22. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I think everyone knows Massa was screwed by Glock taking a dive

daytona355 likes this.
  23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Don't misunderstand me, I was rooting for Massa at the time and, for a few seconds at least, he was our WDC. He deserved the title more than Hamilton did that year.

I was also reasonably pleased at the time to see a Brit get a title, but Hamilton's image was probably more closely managed by McLaren at the time. These days, Hamilton titles have the opposite effect.

I just don't see a conspiracy here regarding Hamilton's first title. I think Glock raced honestly, as best he could on the wrong tires in the deteriorating conditions, to the flag.

We can always agree to differ, that's fine. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Massa was screwed by the farce that was Singapore. The points awarded at that race should have been expunged from the WDC tally.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    If by 'everyone' you mean 'a-half-dozen-angry-guys-on-a-Ferrari-F1-forum-who-simply-ignore-all-the-evidence' then yes, quite right, quite right. :D