Its finally happened, I am a Ferrari owner! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Its finally happened, I am a Ferrari owner!

Discussion in '308/328' started by RAMMER, Sep 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    congrats

-a

2. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth

Congratulations... You deserve it. And it seems like you really enjoyed it. I am sure it will bring you a great fun in years to come. What you got is a real keeper. It will worth you much more in the future.

One thing, if I may, I'd like to point out to you is "the second Ferrari decease". Usually, you'll get that within three monthes of ownership. You enjoy your Ferrari so much that you can't help thinking that may be a bigger engine model or a later model will give you more pleasure. And that's true in many cases. You want more. You want to move up. I got that decease and a year later I got a Testarossa after my 308. Trust me, It's the best decease in the world...

3. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Totally agree with the above statement except that I've already the 'power' ( 355 ) and now I'm getting the hots for a beautiful, classic, original 308 after seeing yours...Congratulations Rammer !

4. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    congrats, you must feel great,

Now you must update your profile !!!!

5. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    How true:

February - 1989 Mondial T

September - 1997 355 Spyder

I'm so very lucky..looking at what I just wrote will now motivate me to my checkbook to contribute to the Red Cross for Katrina victims...

Chris

6. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    As someone who has worked with both organizations, I can assure you that your money will do MUCH more good if it is given to the Salvation Army, NOT the Red Cross.

Oh, and congratulations on the new Ferraris, guys....I hope to be adding my own "I just bought my first Ferrari" thread in the coming months!

7. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Congrats...I'll be able to say the same thing one day.

8. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Now that you mention it, I remember the post 9/11 Red Cross fiasco..thanks for the tip..

Chris

9. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Nice talking on the phone with you . Beautiful car, enjoy her like I do mine.

10. Amo

Amo Karting

Aug 30, 2005
    Shropshire.
    Full Name:
    Amo
    Well done mate!! I can't wait till I put a thread on here one day when I buy one!!

11. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    congrats and welcome to our obsession.

12. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Sure thing Sindo, I know you drive your car plenty and so will I. My wife is shocked, I get home and say "baby do you need me to run some errands for you?" I will make any excuse to exercize my italian pony!

13. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    CONGRATS. I love 308's

14. edburger

edburger Karting

Jun 23, 2005
    Oakland, Dunsmuir,CA
    Full Name:
    Eric D. Burger
    It's been two and ahalf years now/ I am the custodian of my dad's Ferrari ( he's Deceased), & I still just go to the garage to touch it. It is that kind of passion for cars that makes a deserving automobile owner. He owned since I was fifteen or so, and in later years he let me drive. He used to say he loved seeing the grin on my face and the exhileration that I felt. I have a '78 308GTS (carb'ed). I have alway loved the mondial. At the annual picnic I met a nice guy who had his wife and daughter with him. I have never needed a four dour, but regularly would like to be able to fit 1 .5 extra(LOL)
    people. ENJOY your ride and never get jaded. Talk to all gawkers, it will keep you humble, and makes us look good, next to those stuck up Porsche-Guys (.... ;-) JUST KIDDING, 969'ers).

15. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Amen. I'm 5 days into owning a 1989 Mondial and I feel exactly the same way. Best of luck of joy with your belle machine.

16. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Rammer

Congrats on an absolutely beautiful car! Enjoy. It's been about a year since I purchased my Ferrari. It still seems like just the other day. Never gets old. I believe the smile she brings will never go away. :D

Cheers

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

17. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    I took the wife out to dinner last night to Flemings steak house and we had a great time. This was the first time she had ever been in the car. Earlier in the day I had fixed the AC system in the car and I was surprized at how well it was cooling. Mind you this was late in the afternoon so my AC did not have to go head to head with FL's mid day heat. In any case I will be using the car mostly at night. Unfortunately, after stopping for gas the AC went down again. The ACs faliure did not phase my wife but I on the other hand got home sweating bullets. I expected there was a big chance that I would have AC failure as the system had not been used for years. I will be going bach to the family shop to sort things out soon.

18. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    I would like to thank all of you for your kind comments and the free advice on lawn maintenance.

19. Den.

Den. Karting

Jul 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Den.
    That's what I love about this forum. The pure enthusiasm for the cars and the respect and support between members. I have truly not seen this on any other forum. I am on one other that comes close but this one wins hands down.

Rammer, Congrats. Hopefully one day I too will own one but at least I can read about yourself and others and even contribute time to time without being attacked or labelled a poser/etc which I suspect may be one of the reasons this site is devoid of people that DO pose or pretend. Because they don't have too.

I will always love the 308. AWESOME cars!! Pure and just right somehow.

Den.

20. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I love that car. I have been saving for a while now and I hope to be in your shoes in a few years. Probably be a Mondial though, the kids will want to go to. I already spend rainy/snowy days sitting in the garage just looking at the Ducati. I can picture its 4 wheeled brethren sitting next to her. I think it is important to have the wife's support on something like this. You can't really enjoy yourself if she doesn't at least like riding in it. Congrats on many levels.

21. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Rammer,

First, congratulations. I still think the carb'd, Pininfarina 308 GTBs are among the best looking Ferraris.

My point to quoting your statement is simply to suggest substituting "lucky" with "fortunate." Lucky's a word for those who win the lottery. "Fortunate" is for those who've pursued their dreams and achieved their goals through hard work and persistence. That's what you've done. Hat's off. It's obvious you appreciate your health, family and "new" Ferrari. My commendations to you.

Dane

22. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Rammer...Congrats! Very nice 308.

Yes, a Ferrari virus picked up in youth has a way of unexpectedly striking in middle age. I was a 52 year old obsessed zombie until it was parked in my garage...a year after I started looking. You're lucky, you found your car quickly and without many issues. It will definitely be a conversation piece for the students and faculty at your school.

23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats on a fine selection - glas body cars are lighter and better performers because of it.

BTW, perhaps you could park it in the garage rather than on the lawn (just kidding)!

The Italians have a saying "Dona e motori gioa e delore"
    (Both cars and women give pleasure and pain)

24. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    I have been driving the car daily and the darn thing dosent miss a beat. Its been very reliable after a whole 10 days. I have also found that nearly all the little gadgets on the car work. I cant believe the radio antennae still goes up and down. Let me tell you whats great.....I take it to my local super market (Publix) late at night when its empty. I shop for food I dont really need and then I walk out and I see my car. I love it's side view the best. There is that herritage tracing its roots to the Dinos......Its a work of art I tell you.

25. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    That was just said very beautifully !!!

Rammer, enjoy in good health !!!