Its Funny, Cause Im Drunk!! | Page 215 | FerrariChat

Its Funny, Cause Im Drunk!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 5, 2006.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  2. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    oops, sorry, must have missed it...

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Conan in Napoli.

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I love this...

The Attorney General of New York, Eric Schneiderman, is presently using securities law to do an end run around the First Amendment and sue Exxon for not holding the same views on climate change as the more pliable oil companies have been forced to adopt in public.

Well, Whitehouse, Markey and Grijalva are still at it, but as of today Eric Schneiderman is no longer Attorney-General of New York. Schneiderman, "a liberal Democratic champion of women's rights" and "outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement", resigned following reports that he'd physically assaulted at least four women - and indeed threatened to stalk them and kill them.

5. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    kena likes this.
  6. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    How about we solve he problem by retracting dual citizenship as an option? Didn't exist until the law was changed at the urging of Rupert Murdoch ... If you want to be an Aussie politician GIVE UP your other alliances. The current problem is many (on both sides of politics) have been caught up unwillingly; no dual citizenship, no problem!

7. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Absolutely!!! It's a crock of sk%t,if you're an Aussie citizen then you can run for whatever...IMO.

BUT they,the unwashed pollies of this land,made their bed and they;re now lying in the mire they created.

8. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    It's a much repeated myth of the left that Murdoch was solely responsible for dual citizenship, the fact is that it's a major competitive advantage for the Australian economy, it makes it attractive for offshore people to invest here and for Aussies to operate offshore. In the modern global economy, we punch well above our weight.

9. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    The mistake was at federation, where the world was viewed from the perspective of being an outpost of the British empire. However, every politician knows the rules and it's more an indication of how incompetent many of them are, that they can't follow simple instructions. Katy Gallagher is a classic example of someone who's never had a real job and knows nothing about nothing, but got a senate seat anyway.

10. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    [QUOTE="IanB, post: 145972150, member: 35183Katy Gallagher is a classic example of someone who's never had a real job and knows nothing about nothing, but got a senate seat anyway.[/QUOTE]
    She was ACT Chief minister before that. Her whole politcal careeer (20 years) has been based on the assumption she was eligible to hold office. Pity we can't get the wages back that she earned under false pretences, however she should not receive superannuation for the years she was ineligble to hold office.

M

11. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Having a sleep on this ^^^^^^,we ,the public who voted for these dishonest pollies,should be pretty miffed at their actions................................................

Much like a piece of yellow sandpaper down yer Yfronts....

12. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    He wasn't solely responsible but it had never been on the table before. Of course, no one at the time could be bothered to check the implications...

13. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Actually in this case I don't think that's fair - many of these people had no idea they were technically dual citizens. Clearly the guidelines handed to potential candidates should have been updated when dual citizenship was introduced. Plus some of these pollies (Barnaby?) may pre-date the law.

14. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I don't believe the majority actually have done anything dishonest in regard to this particular matter. The fault really lies with the electoral commission who should be checking this stuff.

15. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Disagree. It is not OK for a politician to not know about the job, and eligibility is part of that. The dumbness that exists in parliament is astounding.

Steve355F1, simon klein and DMWC like this.
  16. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I agree with this generally, but the particular law in this case is very tangled, hence why a high court ruling was needed. Many of these people had no idea that because of a change in the law they UNWITTiNGLY became dual citizens. Not to mention the guy whose Italian Mum forged his signature!
    Like I said, go back to NO dual citizenship and the problem is solved. If you want to be an Aussie citizen, you have to give up all other allegiances. Note difference between citizen and resident.

17. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    ....and that's why the law is an ass.
    You're an Aussie citizen,you've shown your allegiance,end of story,IMO.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't expect anything from either side but I do believe there are a certain amount of them that think they can do some good and then find out the political party they chose have made up their minds for them and all good intentions go out the window.

As for the sandpaper issue, I hope Warner and Smith never play for Australia again ......... the South Australian involved is just your normal easily led idiot :) , they either become cricketers or pilots ....... except for Steve who is a highly intelligent indivegetable and I'd trust him with my life :p

19. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    ditto, but I think you should relinquish all other citizenships

kerrari likes this.
  20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed