It's not funny, and I'm not drunk. | Page 202 | FerrariChat

It's not funny, and I'm not drunk.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Apr 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
  2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's only during construction of other stuff, isn't it?? I HOPE it's not a permanent solution to a traffic issue! My God!!!

3. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    note to people not from NSW: U-turns at traffic lights are illegal here.

4. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Illegal here as well, unless signed.

5. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Fixed

6. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    good luck with that. If you collect a pedestrian or cyclist while doing your illegal u-turn, expect a visit to the big house.

7. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Plenty more where they came from

greg246 likes this.
  8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Oh what bs

Gizzi likes this.
  9. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Really? Google it.

"Not only can a driver be sued for damages, but he or she may also be prosecuted for a criminal offence. If the driver was breaking any law when the accident occurred, they may face fines, suspension of their driver’s license, and incarceration."

10. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The Viscount of VCAT is above the law!

Gizzi likes this.
  11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Link?

You can go to gaol for driving while disqualified too, but I don't know anyone that's happened to.

12. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    And Moretti would just drive around on Troy’s licence...

13. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  14. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    greg246 likes this.
  15. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    On his Tuna?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Maranello550 likes this.
  16. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    UNFI_ICKINGBELIEVABLE

How does this... pond scum show her face in public? First against the wall, come the revolution.:mad:

Comedian Catherine Deveny launches Anzac Day attack
    Anzac Day is “f. king disgusting” according to the writer and comedian Catherine Deveny and “should have gone in the bin decades ago”.

Deveny, who runs writing workshops, took to social media today to attack the commemorative day on both Facebook and Twitter.

“As it gets closer my head feels tighter and tighter and I feel more and more nauseous,” Deveny wrote on Facebook.

“I blame the collective cognitive dissonance seeping in. I abhor Anzac Day and can’t wait til it’s over. I am so delighted to hear the chorus increasing every year saying ‘Anzac Day is bulls. t. It’s a Trojan Horse for racism, sexism, toxic masculinity, violence, homophobia and discrimination,’ “ she wrote.

She also insulted troops on Twitter by claiming their role was “no more dangerous or prone to upheaval than many other jobs” while advocating that the term “service” be thrown in the bin.

“It’s part of the fetishisation of war and violence.”

Why do people in the armed forces use the word 'serve' to describe their work despite it being no more dangerous or prone to upheaval than many other jobs? It's just a job and work. Throw the term 'serve' in the bin. It's part of the fetishisation of war and violence.

— Catherine Deveny (@CatherineDeveny) April 23, 2018
    Condemnation was swift online.

“On behalf of the 102,825 Australians that lost their lives while “serving”, I respectfully ask for your apology for making such a selfish, uninformed statement,” wrote Twitter user @BubbaFett33.

Catherine Deveny. Yawn. Don't give her the attention she craves

— Tom Steinfort (@tomsteinfort) April 24, 2018
    “Yawn. Don’t give her the attention she craves.” Wrote Nine journalist and foreign correspondent Tom Steinfort, who covered Anzac Day ceremonies in Turkey when he was Europe Correspondent for Nine.

Deveny told one US army vet, who contacted her from Kentucky: “You didn’t ‘serve your country’ you chose a job in the violence industry.”

I “served” in the Australian Army. It wasn’t just a job. I was sent to Afghanistan amongst other sunny holiday spots. At the time I thought we were doing the right thing. Now not so much. The job was dirty and dangerous and I hope to Christ my children find safer jobs as adult. https://t.co/WEigFvVJkP

— Nick ️‍ (@Buckets74) April 23, 2018
    @Buckets 74 commented: “I “served” in the Australian Army. It wasn’t just a job. I was sent to Afghanistan among other sunny holiday spots. At the time I thought we were doing the right thing. Now not so much. The job was dirty and dangerous and I hope to Christ my children find safer jobs as adult.”

Deveny’s offensive Anzac insult continued to draw the ire of social media commenters as the day wore on, who slammed her for the insensitive tweet that some regarded as a stunt for attention.

Twitter user Rich Wisken delivered what could only be described as a savage smackdown and was blocked by Deveny but his tweet earned the attention of Australian Senator Derryn Hinch.

So true, @CatherineDeveny. My granddad's right leg was torn apart by a Japanese bayonet whilst 'serving' on the Kokoda Trail. It reminds me of the epic struggle I had with a Microsoft Word document yesterday whilst 'serving' as a copywriter #LestWeForget pic.twitter.com/zOr3LpVdGj

— Rich Wisken (@RichWisken) April 24, 2018
    You work. They serve and many died while serving. Deveny, what a disgusting Anzac week tweet.

— Derryn Hinch (@HumanHeadline) April 24, 2018
    And then the hits on Deveny’s brand of troop insult simply kept on coming.

“When the Russians invade, I’m sure they’re going to say “No, comrades. That’s Catherine Deveny’s house - she’s against the fetishisation of war and violence! Turn left, we’ll invade Tim Blair instead,” wrote Billy Swagspeare

I had to change the toner in the office printer last week, WITHOUT the instruction note. I still have flashbacks. Pray for me.

— Red Baby (@G_Certaminis) April 24, 2018
    Those Word documents can be formidable.

— The Irreverent Lizard-Man (@Irreverent_Tegu) April 24, 2018
    Deveny then went on to further disrespect the tradition of Anzac Day, by calling it “Bogan Halloween.”

Those Word documents can be formidable.

— The Irreverent Lizard-Man (@Irreverent_Tegu) April 24, 2018
    On Facebook Deveny went into detail about her sacking from The Age newspaper in 2010, when she was dismissed after making crude comments about TV star Rove McManus and his partner Tasma Walton.

“Rove and Tasma look so cute! I hope she doesn’t die too,” she tweeted about talk star Rove McManus, whose wife Belinda Emmett died of cancer in 2006.

She was also sacked for a crude slur about Bindi Irwin, daughter of the late TV Crocodile Hunter star Steve Irwin, who was 11 at the time.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Catherine Deveny was sacked for a crude slur regarding Bindi Irwin in 2010.
    “I so do hope Bindi Irwin gets laid,” Deveny tweeted.

“I was liberated from my highly successful column at The Age in 2010. Many people think it was because of Logies comments and my gender. It wasn’t. It was far more complicated than that. It had a lot to do with Pale Male Stales having a tantrum with reality about the diversity of voices that were suddenly taking focus away from them. This was due to the democratisation of information and the rise, acceptance and visibility of diversity. It had more to do with my class than anything.”

The Australian phoned Deveny for a comment. She immediately hung up and refused to pick up on subsequent occasions

17. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    I cannot believe she actually said that. I remember our beloved Germaine Greer, upon the death of Steve Irwin, saying ‘He got what he deserved after tormenting those poor animals for years’ and immediately thinking, by that rationale, she should be executed for the years of torment she had caused the the general public. Deveny should be publicly vilified for those remarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kena likes this.
  18. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Put in stocks in the town square and have the citizenry vent their anger by throwing rotten fruit at her

kena likes this.
  19. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    kena likes this.
  20. Aircon

BANNED