It's Official: F599 GTB | Page 11 | FerrariChat

It's Official: F599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by Frank_C, Jan 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Sorry buddy but this story was released yesterday. The spy pics of the interior and exterior are brand new. Might wanna read the story b4 crappin on sumbudy.

I am aware of the speculation of the various #'s for the past few months but the story does include several interesting postulations that are closer to fact than most guesses on Automotive Forums.

2. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    from Autoweek article..

"four circular taillights remain..."

?

3. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Wow, nice catch Ken. More mystery. Theres other points in the article that contradict the press announcement too, 611HP vs 620HP, weight.

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I read somewhere esle that the 599 is going to have a seven speed trans. Can anyone confirm this. I thought everything else including the Enzo had a six speed.

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Well the 620 is DIN, the 611 is SAE net....
    Just like the F430 is 490 or 483....

A 7-speed???? WOW, if that is true, but I don't see where it says that....plus the weight isn't so bad at all!

Also it says it's NOT based off the Enzo V12, but off the other V12 design. Who is right?

6. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    DOH!

7. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    From the forum on the Ferrari Owners site

"I suppose the car shall do the 0-100 km/h in 3.8" as it is 260 kgs heavier than the Enzo but benefits from 7 gears. So it is pretty fast. the boot promises to have enough space for long distance travelling."

I don't have any idea who the poster is or what his credentials are, but that's the second mention of a seven speed that I've read.

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Got it? :)

Anyone know what V12 is actually in the car yet????

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #259 darth550, Jan 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    While I don't doubt he said this... isn't that what every car salesman says?

"These are so hot, I can't keep them in stock!"

"You'd better take this one, you never know when a car like this is going to come along."

"I have another buyer who wants the car and is coming to see it tomorrow."

"They're going to sell every single one they make!"

It's easy to "sell every one they can make" when they curb production down to only as many as they can pre-sell.

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Quote from Ferrari owners site(owned by Ferrari SPA):
    "The Ferrari 599 GTB boasts class-leading power thanks to its 5,999cc
    V12 - derived directly from the Enzo Ferrari Supercar - which produces no less then 620 hp at 7,600 rpm for a weight/power ratio of just 2.6 kg per horsepower."
    It does not say anything about the tranny but it is very clear about the Enzo's contribution of the engine....
    So thats what Ferrari says,if some scribe says otherwise,who do you believe?

12. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Take it easy, man... the exterior spy pictures are anything but new (see posts from october-november-december in the official 600 Imola/599 GTB thread), and obsolete since official pictures from Ferrari were released more than one week ago. Plus the story in Autoweek does not seem very accurate concerning certain technical and design facts. You might have wanted to read the various threads on this car before claiming it's fresh info and pictures.

13. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    No big deal. I have followed this car and all threads for months, have posted in each, and have watched in eager anticipation for any new developments. As a requtable auto magazine, I follow Autoweek closely as they usually break stories weeks, if not months before other sources do. Like I said before, obviously some details are still being sorted out. I was just attempting to pass on the latest interesting info to fellow enthusiasts. I do not consider the spy photos obsolete b/c you can get a better idea for the proportions of the car rather than the crappy "official" photos released by Ferrari. They were just recently taken. These are NOT the same photo's of the mule taken a couple of months ago, while the car was in traffic.

14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Well, I agree on that. I am confident that I will like the proportions of the 599 GTB because it looked well proportioned in the various spy pics, and not exactly in the official pics.

15. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Okay nice, I was hoping it was based off the Enzo V12.

16. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    im totally starting to like it, ferrari press releases pics are always ugly, their cars look wierd and jacked up, cant wait to see it in metal like the 612 and Maser QP......

17. Marcus 27

Marcus 27 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    I think it looks pretty good - but frankly at that price I'd want more than 'pretty good'.

Did people feel the need to debate whether the Dino/Miura/Boxer/Ghibli were ugly or not? I doubt it...

18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I just learned that the production car will have the traditional 4 round tail lights.

19. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Makes you wonder if Maranello is monitoring reactions on this thread ...

20. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    If they are maybe they will change the wheels too :)

I love the 599 GTB though. I cannot wait to see one in person. I even bet the wheels will look better in the flesh as well.

21. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken

Mind sharing your source of this information?

22. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Yeah really, considering the body panel toolings are surely made already....

23. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Maybe those are really just artist renditions to spark chatter in the peanut gallery.

G

24. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    this will be good if true, as i like the four lights more, but where did you get this information from?? i highly doubt that they will change it to four lights tho. I mean, a company like Ferrari is unlikely to release official pics then have a last min obvious change in the design. Anyways, if you have credible information i'm happy to be proven wrong as i don't really like the current design, but please tell us where you got the info from and it's credibility.

25. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko
    If this is true they really don't have any more courage to built their cars :rolleyes: