its time now, lebron vs MJ! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

its time now, lebron vs MJ!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Congrats dubs. Best team I've ever seen

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    LeBroom (;)) deserved to be swept. The guy complains too much and doesn't realize how good he gets treated compared to others with the stuff he gets away with. Durant is a beast but I wish he was at another team to have more parity in the league. I told my friend who's a Celtics fan on opening day it would be Cavs-Warriors finals no matter what.

I'm happy for Steve Kerr, though. That guy has been through a lot in his life given his upbringing and no one would know. He is pretty level headed and keeps perspective on everything likely because of the terrible stuff he and his family went through.

LeBron has lost just as many finals as Jordan has won. That's pretty bad.

bball16 likes this.
  3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    lebroom is hilarious!

bball16 likes this.
  4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The only title I give LeBron credit for is the one he won in Cleveland. And that one deserves major credit because they were down 3-1 to a very very good GSW team which even I thought they had no chance of coming back from.

Lotaz and bball16 like this.
  5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Even better was yr before. Up 2 to 1 without love or kyrie. Dellavadova was his best player! Insane accomplishments

6. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    This ^^^

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Lebroom? LMFAO!!

8. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Upon further review of Lebron failing to win the NBA championships (3/9), once again, his status and legacy has dropped significantly (especially if we are to compare him to MJ with 6/6 championships). Prolific scorers who were also NBA champions multiple times include Kareem 6 championships and NBA all time leading scorer), Kobe 5 championships, Magic 5 championships, Shaq 3 championships. I would place Kareem and Kobe over Lebron. I would place Lebron about even with Magic and above Shaq. Lebron is the greatest player in our current era, but he seems to be trending downwards. Curry with 3 rings and Durant with 2 rings are trending upwards.

bball16 likes this.
  9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I saw that after the game. What a joke. The thing that makes it worse is watching him push off, jam, hit the deck after flopping for fouls, then hi-five his pals in the hallway walking to the locker room with that "broken hand" all of game 2,3, and 4. Sure he had a broken hand...

The classless snub of a couple Warriors players on the court when he was pulled, then walking out without congratulating the winning team was another one of his "highlights". What's worse was his post game 3 comments about why they weren't able to win against GS - saying the Cav's top 5 players weren't as good as the Warriors top 5. True or not, how does that comment show any sort of leadership or comradery? There is always an excuse. It's his coach. It's his teammates. Its the calls. It's an injury. It's the other team being unfairly stacked. It's anyone's fault but his... and for the bargain basement price of $33M a year. This lack of accountability and one man team mentality is precisely the reason LeBron will never eclipse Jordan.

bball16 and Mang like this.
  10. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    ...also THIS ^^^ I can't stand him, and I see I'm not alone. Curry usurps him by a mile right now. Personality and likability. Talent is right there at the top too.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Shaq actually has 4 championships (1 with Miami).

Also, LeBron takes nights off after complaining that they need to take nights off, while the previous generations played every game

12. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    forgot about that one. This would then bump Diesel equal or above Lebron, then. That would make Lebron at best #4 or #5 GOAT on my current estimate.

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i get crazy when people rank players by number of rings! put me on 60s celtics as last bench warmer and i have 11 rings. guess that makes me better than mj and his feeble 6 rings. robert hoary is better than lebron too. its a team sport and that means having talented teammates. mj won nothing without pippen. kobe isnt even a top 10 player with all his rings. he was a volume chucker and a poor mans version of mj. yes he had an excellent mentality and drive to win but hes nothing comnpared to legron.

heres how i think of it. put lebron on any team in nba and they will go deep into playoffs. put him on pathetic knicks and they will play in east finals. take him off a team and they go back to lottery. and no other player in history has more responsibility on court than him. mj was a scorer. period. yes he was great defender, passer, etc but he didnt need to focus on those aspects. just score. leb has to set up the offense every play. shaq only had to post up. and on and on. lebron is no 2 with no one even close.

put him on spurs, houston, okc next yr and see how far gsw gets.. puhleeese!

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Shaq was the most dominant force of his era. Unstoppable. Size matters. Too bad he sucked at the free throw line, otherwise he might be ranked higher than LJ

JAM1 likes this.
  15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why are you twisting words to fit your narrative? Did anyone say that the benchwarers on MJ's team are better than LeBron because they have 6 rings?

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    butcher in post 58 was listing players w more rings than lj as being better players. for some reason, people always equate nba greatness with number of rings. doesnt happen so much in other sports other than maybe quaterbacks. i agree lebrons legacy was in trouble after the loss to mavs when he was on miami. that was a choke on his part. but after that, he over achieved with inferior talent. his heat teammates were inferior to spurs and his cavs teammates were inferior to everyone.

17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He took his Cleveland team to the Finals in 2007, he took this year's Cleveland team to the Finals and 2 years ago his Cleveland team won after being down 3-1.

He deserves all the credit in the world for those 3 seasons, but I don't count anything he did with Miami.

18. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Well, I only listed people with multiple rings and who were dominant forces in their times, who are considered to be in the top heap of players of all time. Rings are not the only determinant, but are very important. As I understand it, everybody, including 95spiderman agrees that MJ remains alone at the top. No one ever calls the Buffalo Bills a dynasty when they went to 4 straight Super Bowls and lost at 4. That Patriots team that went 17-0 and the 2016 GSW's team that went 73-9 were the 2 dominant and greatest in season teams that I have, and probably will ever see. However, they both came extremely close to being perfect, but ultimately failed at the very end. Both teams, cannot be considered at the top because of those failures. I certainly don't think that Robert Horry, or Bill Russell is greater than Lebron, despite them having more than double the championships to what Lebron has. I think we all can debate that Kobe, Magic, Shaq, Bird, Duncan, Abdul Jabbar, and Wilt can be compared to Lebron. I do believe Lebron is the most dominant force in the NBA for the past 8 seasons. He is, so far, the greatest of today's crop of players. He deserves a jump into the top 5 based on individual dominance at the key times during his 2016 NBA finals performance and his 8 straight appearances in the finals (although the East has been notoriously weak for past 10 years-which has also helped Lebron, somewhat). I am pretty sure Lebron's trending down legacy is really bothering him, and based on his history, I can't see him resigning with Cleveland. He will use KD's example (which has worked out beautifully for KD) to do what he needs to do to build his legacy. When he joins a superteam next year, the NBA finals will once again be competitive.

bball16 likes this.
  19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Ace, if u discount the miami wins, you then have to do same for kd and gsw which is like miami but on steroids.

butcher, on scale 1 to 10, mj is 10, lj is 9, next group w bird magic kareem is 7 and below.

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Regardless of whatever else happens in Lebron's career, this will probably remain the high point of his legacy.

bball16 likes this.
  21. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree 100%

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Them's fightin' words. Kareem & Magic are Hoop Gods.

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I was living in boston during the bird magic rivalry and as a knicks fan I hated Celtics so I rooted for lakers. kareem, magic, worthy, etc were my guys back then. but theyre not at mj or lj level. as matter of fact, lj is magic with speed, jumping, and shot making skills. reilly once said magics best game was when he went 2 for 15 from floor but both were 3's and he hit all his free throws for 20 pts but then had 20 assists and 15 rebounds! that's magic.

24. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Steven A was going off on Lebron this morning..........wow

Lots I can say but this series and Lebron's actions have spoken for themselves.

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    steph A is great w nba. it is doubtful leb can surpass mj at this point but he has 2nd spot locked up until someone we havent seen yet comes along.