its time now, lebron vs MJ! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

its time now, lebron vs MJ!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes you are 100% right on both points.

2. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree, that was LeBron's greatest accomplishment, to will his team to a title after being down 3-1 to a GS team that was 73-9 that season.

As I said he deserves all the credit in the world for that.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    leb needs to take a low profile, go to contender, play limited # reg season games, come to playoffs ready to avg 40,12, 12 and crush dubs.

4. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    hes not far off. number 2 to mj. and still going pretty good with lakers. its amazing how much he scores with the efficiency he has. hes well over 50% fg. amazing to combine that with reb and assists

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Degenerative behavior? I think the guy is a GREAT citizen.

That said, I don't see him as the GOAT. I mean, he would be a great player in every era of basketball with his size and skills combo, but the one place that I don't feel he measures up is the competitive greatness that we saw in Michael Jordan...even Kobe Bryant.

Winning was life or death for MJ. LBJ doesn't take it that seriously.

ShineKen likes this.
  7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    kobe is a silly comparison to leb.
    leb has more pts, rebs, assists, blks, fg%, mvp, and on and on.
    kobe has reputation for 'caring' about winning more. bs

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Just referencing the competitive mindset. Kobe is a super-selfish player, but he was a shark (similar to Jordan).

Jordan was an ****** also, and I prefer the more well-rounded LBJ for team purposes, but the ****** won 6 titles and never lost in the Finals. That's tough to ignore.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He was as an ******* because he wanted to win championships. He did it with the same team and most of the same guys and coach for all those years. He didn't chase the next great team to go to, he stayed where he started and did it all there. Just to clarify, I was never a Bulls fan, I'm from NY and the Knicks got crushed by him more times then I care to remember, but when you talk about the best there ever was it's him hands down and he and Pippen might be the best 1-2 ever.

ShineKen and ricksb like this.
  10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    magic kareem
    kobe shaq
    duncan robinson
    west chamberlain
    ps. i feel your knx pain! i was season tkt holder for ewing vs mj. did enjoy the starks dunk though. you should do what i did in 2000. become nets fan. j kidd was amazing and now not so good but this nets team plays a very enjoyable brand of offense. no hero ball just standing around watching guy dribble between his legs 30' from basket then tossing up a 3. even if it usually goes in like w harden. wearing some nice nets swag right now as i type. my kids got me new nets city style hoodie. love it

11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Most champions are a__holes. It's for the reason you identified.

LBJ is not an a__hole by any means and he's an awesome player. But I would take Jordan and the Bulls against any of LBJ's teams in a series. I would take Jordan and the Bulls over the Heatles (which should be a pretty even match up...honestly I think the Heat had better players overall).

That makes MJ the GOAT to me(and, I'm also not a fan). His will to win was incredible during those 6 titles and that means everything. Magic and the Lakers were the definition of basketball to me. Then, Jordan clowned them terribly)

bball16 likes this.
  12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    mj is greatest athlete of all time. can also call him one of greatest ever in what they do. einstein science. mozart music. etc. to call him bball goat is an insult.

bball16 likes this.
  13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There is a world of a difference between # 1 and # 2 - ask all the Superbowl losers, NBA Finals losers, etc....

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    of course world of difference when it comes to objective championships. not so much for opinions on goat. top 10 is pretty good for a league that is 70 years old and had thousands of players. top 2 is incredible.
    btw, how did lakers do with leb? and how about now with him hurt? and wanna guess how they will finish once he gets back? no player in any sport has ever had this kind of effect. any team with him is a finals contender and that same team without him is in lottery. amazing

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know, I was just trying to make a point :)

2nd place is nice too

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

The media lives to hype this a hole thats really what annoys me the most. His insecurity plays out in the news weekly with his political grandstanding and thuggish behavior which makes him great fodder for them. Anyway, its as if they. Believe that if they tell the public that he is the greatest enough times, then the public will just bend and start to believe it. It isnt going to happen. Guy cant even make a free throw to save his life. Larry bird was considerably better than him as were many other all time greats . I think we're just in a sports era at the moment where the bar is so low that anybody can throw out these outrageous claims. Just look at boxing, youve got this mayweather twit running around the ring faster than bruce jenner around the track, winning every fight by decision and then claiming to be the greatest ever? And then pundits agreeing with it . Its too funny. If he ever made that claim during the tyson Ali, liston or marciano era, hed be laughed at immediately. People are seriously on drugs these days :)

The only phenom in the sports world weve seen in the past 20 so odd years is tiger . That's about it.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    nba is killing it now. this is superbowl week and all anyone talks about is knicks, Porzingis, Anthony davis, kyrie, etc. I love it bc im totally ignoring sb as another pats coronation I cant deal with.

btw, knicks deal is moronic despite never believing in kp. they tried to sell us on this 'unicorn' (whos always hurt) then give him away for nothing but cap space. and the contract they gave up on tim hardaway jr is the one they just gave him last summer! everyone but knx knew he sucked. now they try sell fans on ability to get 2 max players. hahaha. no one will come to a dolan owned team. never. that would be like playing for the old racist owner of clippers. forget it. im committed to the nets now anyway. dlo an allstar!

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What I don’t like is that a few weeks ago Lebron claimed himself as the best ever.

I still say MJ is the GOAT

JAM1 and bball16 like this.
  19. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LeBron can’t carry Mikes jock.

JAM1 and Bradwilliams like this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Leb is 2nd best ever, there is no debate if you know anything about nba. considering only 3000 people ever even made it to the nba, thats not too bad. And I would say hes closer to mj than #3 is to him.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I meant that if you think you are the best ever then let other people say it, no need to say it yourself

bball16 likes this.
  22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    True but these guys are under such microscope w social media etc cant fault them for 1 sentence out of million. Its not like he's mounting a campaign to be considered goat. It was a single response regarding cavs upset of gsw which was incredible. Game 7 on road? Crazy. That and giants over 16-0 pats 2 greatest upsets ever. Btw, good thread would be what's greatest sports upsets all time? Usa v ussr? Douglas over tyson?

23. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You listed some great upsets. I'm partial to the Giants first upset of the undefeated Pats. Nobody gave the Giants a chance.

24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How long has he had King James tattooed on his back?

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I agree with that! And as great as Lebron has been, he'll never be better than #2 in my book. To my mind, Michael Jordan, Jerry Rice and Wayne Gretzky are the three greatest pro athletes I've seen in my lifetime.

bball16 and 95spiderman like this.