Jalpa thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

Jalpa thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SVJTech, Nov 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #976 Sledge4.2, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    duplicative response on another site:

You are referring to the "bravo" wheels vs the more common OZ Route 17" wheels right?

your question might arise from my recent transaction (which was excellent by the way).

I have the eurospares Bravo replicas, and the only tires (tyres) available are from you, and are the Michelin TB measuring

215 55 R15 fronts

295 40 R15 rears

I found somewhere on the interweb that the original tire (tyre) size for the Siloutte (where the bravo wheels originated) were

195/50 VR 15 fronts

285/40 VR 15 rears

but i can NOT confirm this, i just found it on the internet on a lamborghini site. I sent this information to you, and you confirmed those tires would NOT fit on my eurospares replicas.

for anyone reading this, Longstone is an excellent company with great product and strong knowledgeable customer service. Buy with confidence, no affiliation.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dino944 likes this.
  2. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #977 Longstone Tyres, Sep 6, 2021
    Hi

Thank you Sledge4.2

we do try to be knowledgable, but i have to say that is not always that easy with cars of such low volumes as the Jalpa.

This is what i have found out about 16" wheels

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

That is pretty easy

205/55 R 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ P7 N4 - 205/55 x 16 Tyres (longstonetyres.co.uk)

225/50 R 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ P7 N4 - 225/50 x 16 Tyres (longstonetyres.co.uk)

However it is these 15"! wheels that seem odd. Are 15" wheels on earlier cars? and are they wider rims?

would these fit?

205/50 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ P7 - 205/50 x 15 Tyres (longstonetyres.co.uk)

&

285/40 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ P7 - 285/40 x 15 Tyres (longstonetyres.co.uk)

3. #978 EarlyCat, Nov 6, 2021
    Peter K. likes this.
  4. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I doubt this is from 1981, see a boat engine and a later Jalpa with rubber bumper, also a green primered QV engine lid, not before 1985 I'd say.

5. Good catch. The photo when I saw it said 1981, however certainly later.

6. ar1five

ar1five Rookie

Dec 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    HL
    Hello all,

Had the pleasure of viewing a 84 jalpa today. Its been sitting in a barn/garage for over 10 years. Little info is known about the overall condition of the car(the owner passed) and the family is dealing with settling loose ends. The car seems to be in ok condition considering its been sitting so long. The car has 16K miles, no key, mouse nest in engine bay, driver seat has a small tear, and some rust in rockers/wheel openings-not terrible. They believe the car ran up until it was parked but not certain.
    I know its pretty hard to estimate without seeing, but what would a ballpark number $ be for a car like this. It appears someone bought a white one on here that ran/drove for 30K.
    What is a reasonable offer for a car with no key and unknown mechanical condition?

Thanks for any and all input!

7. Many variables. Did it sit outside on grass or inside a dry, not damp garage? Is there a transferable title? Spare tire & tool kit? They are the same as a Countach & have a significant value. Is the car a euro or US spec car? Shape of interior, etc.

8. ar1five

ar1five Rookie

Dec 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    HL
    The car has been sitting in a unconditioned garage for a long time. It does have surface mold on the interior but I believe I can rehab that. Currently working on getting a title, spare tire/tool kit isn't there. It says "imported" on door sticker but not sure if its us spec or euro.

Overall the car has a lot of potential as long as it doesn't require any major mechanical repair.

9. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Hi,
    when you share some details I can for sure help, since I'm running www.jalpa.ch

10. pchflyer

pchflyer Rookie

May 7, 2014
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Lance Betson
    Having the car sit for 10 years and some of the other issues listed- would budget at least 30 k to get it right again

11. pchflyer

pchflyer Rookie

May 7, 2014
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Lance Betson
    These are such fun cars to drive- but it is the noise that is intoxicating. many were discarded when they were cheap- can we know how many are still road worthy from the original 410?

12. ar1five

ar1five Rookie

Dec 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    HL
    Finally sealed the deal and purchased #172. Having it moved to a local mechanic for further assessment. Will decide which route I want to go after that. Unfortunately, after being handed the recently renewed title it says "85" as the year instead of 84. Also, the miles aren't correct. They put 25k, instead of the "actual" miles 16,xxx. Hopefully an easy correction.

I haven't spent much time looking over the car yet due to time restraints. Can someone PLEASE tell me where the hood/storage compartment "pull/handle" is located...Silly question, I know....

13. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    #172, wow, that one was in miserable state in 2003 stored at a farm, what is the state nowadays?

The handle for the front compartment is under the dashboard.

14. ar1five

ar1five Rookie

Dec 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    HL
    Thanks Raymond. If you have any info on it would you mind to "pm" me?

15. ar1five

ar1five Rookie

Dec 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    HL
    Thanks Raymond. If you have any info on it would you mind to "pm" me?

16. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Quite easy, register your car at www.jalpa.ch and you will get a lot of helpful stuff free house.

17. ar1five

ar1five Rookie

Dec 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    HL
    Email sent raymond

18. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Thanks for the pictures, you got mail as well.

19. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #995 dinonz308, Feb 6, 2022
    Hi All,

I'm trying to work out if my car is a Euro spec or US spec. It was originally delivered to Italy, and imported to the US with 437km on it. It has Euro style air boxes:

But it has US side markers, and what I believe by looking at Eurospares to be US front bumpers:

It does appear to have the correct "tapered" grille where the top is narrower than the lower 2 slats, but the middle section painted red, and the rounded bumper ends on the sides make me think they're US bumpers:

This is what I can see from Eurospares, the green higlights parts I can see that appear to be on the car:

So is it Euro spec but with the addition of federal bumpers and side markers on import in 1985, or is it US spec with Euro spec air boxes fitted? Any other way to tell?

20. Wow, congratulations first. I shoulda kept my Jalpa. Anyways yes you have a euro car. The euro version is more than air cleaners. If you look closer, you'll notice that the cam covers are also different for the euro car. The carb linkage goes directly on those, instead of in the air box like on the US car. That's a euro front bumper, the US version is more pointed. You have a euro car.

21. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Thank you. I figured it was a US or Swiss bumper because of the red section just below the black bumper? Looking at the Eurospares image, only US and Swiss bumpers have that middle piece circled in green?

22. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    NO, all had it which have the rubber bumper, either you have the fibre glass piece at the outer left or you have the rubber bumper at the front.
    I I replied by mail, ther rubber bumper became standard for alls cars, also euro cars. The rear was always fibre glass but US had this 5mph protection piece between bumper and body.

23. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Sorry Raymond, but I'm just confused at the mix of parts. It definitely has the grill from the left image at Eurospares - the right 2 have grills with 3 bars the same width, whereas mine has the one from the left image where the top bar is shorter than the lower 2. If I understand you correctly, all Jalpas changed to the Swiss rubber bumpers at some point so in that regard, Eurospares labelling of parts is wrong - the right one should be "Swiss only till <some date> then all cars"? Is my grill still correct even though it appears to be from an early fiberglass bumper car? Or should I just ignore Eurospares completely for this?

24. #1000 EarlyCat, Mar 27, 2022