Janet Jackson's boobie flash: Super Bowl Halftime Show | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Janet Jackson's boobie flash: Super Bowl Halftime Show

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DrStranglove, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    apparently this stunt pissed the heck out of the FCC chairman.

how they thought it wouldn't is beyond me.

should be an amusing investigation :)

doody.

2. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Anyone can guarantee anything.

For the fact that you guarantee something you know nothing about shows how ridiculous that comment was.

And I can guarantee that I have, infact, dated more beautiful women than that piece of garbage.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I heard someone say that Janet Jackson has a new album coming out in a week or so. Hmmm....Anyway, does Justin Timberfake really think anyone believes him when he says it wasn't planned. Besides, all he's doing is putting himself on the hook to take all the blame for this, rather than MTV and the PR morons who concocted this ridiculous thing. Probably the same people who came up with the Madonna kiss idea.

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I am at a loss here
    I have seen her fairly close up (10-15feet away) and to say she is ugly would make me wonder what is attractive.
    she is pretty hot

5. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I don't t think you have buddy.

6. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    In other news apparently Tivo saw a 180% viewership spike because of the booby.

7. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    How can anyone say that Michael Jackson is attractive in drag? Oh wait...that was Janet Jackson?!?!

8. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    An awfully clumsy effort to be edgy - looked like causing the "wardrobe malfunction" took all of Timberlake's powers of concentration - but I guess it was a screaming PR success. One can imagine the NFL and CBS suits deciding MTV could help them reach out to the younger demographic: Jessica! Janet! P Diddy! Kid Rock! A BREAST!

9. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall

I have to side with this guy. I think she looks like a black version of Michael with longer hair though.

10. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The ring looks interesting.

Great stuff.

11. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I disagree, the best place for Boob Flashing is indeed the Super Bowl.
    Advertisers paid millions for a few seconds of air time. Janet not only got paid for her performance, she will get Millions in free advertisement.
    I say job well done.

12. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Free advertising for what, exactly? I have never bought anything of hers, or anything promoted by her, or anything remotely associated with her. In fact, I actively avoid anything to do with her or anyone else in her family--Jermaine, LaToya, Michael, Janet, etc., etc.

It's not an active boycott or anything...I simply can't identify with these freaks. Radio stations playing their "music"? Easy enough to switch stations. Magazines with their pictures? I flip the page. TV channels showing them mincing around grabbing their crotches or engaging in spastic, jerky movements that they call dancing? I am all over the remote.

I don't think I am in the minority--I have yet to meet anyone who still likes anything they put out. Does anyone in that family promote any product besides music albums? At least I think they still make music. Dunno and don't care.

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    She got 2,500 hits on Ferrari chat. And everyone that wrote in spent some time thinking about Janet Jackson.

Now multiply that by 1,000's of web sites and news and radio and she got 300 million people buzzing or at least talking about her. Where can you make a media buy like that, and what would it cost? She got it and got paid for it.

As we have seen with Paris Hilton.... "celebrity" is now being famous for everyone knowing your name. And in this time in place in our history... you can turn celebrity into millions in cash. It is a funny circle, the more famous the more wealthy and the more wealthy the more famous. The super bowl is the biggest sporting event in the world. Janet is laughing all the way to the bank, even if it is in a roundabout way.

14. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I understand the part about her getting lots of publicity. But I don't see it translating into dollars for her. I don't think Paris Hilton has seen any money as a result of her publicity either...although she might have gotten some more modeling gigs--I just don't know.

But for Janet Jackson, these millions of units of "additional awareness"...what will they help her to sell? Her music? Debatable, but ok, it's possible. Or is this supposed to tilt the odds in her favour for getting a recording contract or two? Again, if so, then yes, smart move. Otherwise, congratulations on being a boob...

15. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Also, I believe that the Football Wold Cub (soccer) is a bigger sporting event.

16. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Yeah aerosmith is great in concert. Don't let that tv crap make them look bad.

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    preview of next year's show

18. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein

oh, man.. that's friggin funny.. i've thought that she was ugly, ever since she and michael starting going to the same plastic surgeon..

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Yeah, like at my house !!!