Jarama Registry | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Jarama Registry

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Olivier NAMECHE, Sep 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    What is the fluid capacity in the transmission on a GT? Is it all one compartment?

2. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    #1677 BJJ, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    I never tried it out, presumably something in the range 2 to 4 liters in the gearbox.

Yes, one drain plug and one fill plug. Fill through the fill plug opening until it starts to spill out, screw in the plug, finished.

Cheers, Bernhard

P.S.: OK, wipe off spilled oil from the gearbox,then finished ... :D

3. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Peter K: My Jarama gearbox held 4 quarts. Only one fill plug and one drain as stated above. I used Amsoil 80/90 Synthetic. Eased shifting dramatically.

4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    :)....I recently did the rear and did a quick eyeball of the trans......unfortunately for me I have to unbolt exhaust midpipe and slide back, no big deal though. Sits right in front of the fill plug.

I have the ability to pump fluid up the drain and that's why about the capacity. But I have no problem working with exhaust if I have to.

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Thanks........looking forward to see if there is a difference! Shifts nice now....

6. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    #1681 BJJ, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Me too, although not up the drain, a kind of large syringe with clear housing, amount scale and with about 1 liter capacity. And with a hose at the outlet and short pipe bent about around 120° at the other end of the hose. The pipe is hooked into the filling opening and then a little bit of elbow grease gets the oil in. I just get out the fill plug, although a little bit fiddly and using four letter words helps also ... :D

Cheers, Bernhard

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1682 staatsof, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    here's what I did for another car with a similar issue. This was ATF so a lot of fluid but after trying so many hand pumps with very messy results this worked well.

After looking at all the pumps and considering the amount of room & dexterity this creaky 60+ year old body will have lying under a car on jack stands with hot exhaust inches from my torso I decided to build my own.

It will be based upon a clear plastic OJ jug, a pair of 1/4" barbed hose bulkhead fittings placed in the lid, some clear hose, an air compressor at very low pressure and 1 cautious old fart operator lest he be covered with tranny fluid due to a sudden burst of said container!

I hope the appeal of just lying there near motionless while pressing the control valve and watching the fluid flow into the tranny instead of furiously pumping a flimsy plastic handle on a quart bottle that invariably either breaks, falls over or pulls the hose out of the fill hole thus sending fluid flying everywhere is realized!

If it does ... perhaps then I can finally bury that horrid orange pump which while it does pump the oil 25% of it invariably ends up elsewhere.
    It is perhaps better suited for enema duty in the privacy on ones bathroom!

I think a Viking funeral would be best.

Well I didn't do something quite as involved as this Decent low cost oil pump for quart and other sized bottles?

But I did buy a pair of 1/4" barbed brass bulkhead fittings and utilized an old Tropicana orange juice jug with very low ait pressure about 5 psi and with the limited space (on jack stands) I had my darling with refill the contraption each time. This was pretty slick compared with those plastic pumps. I was also able to hold the filler hose in such a way so that I didn't spill it all over the place.

Eaton Weatherhead 1074X6 Mini-Barb CA360 Brass Fitting, Bulkhead Union, Straight, 3/8 Eaton Weatherhead 1074X6 Mini-Barb CA360 Brass Fitting, Bulkhead Union, Straight, 3/8" Tube OD: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
    Total cost about $16 and maybe 10 minutes to assemble.

This is a keeper!

A mini air pressure regulator right at the jug would be best as the one on my compressor is operating at the very end of it's range for anything near 5 PSI. Get it wrong and the jugs bottom pops out a bit and won't stand up ...

Hey it was cheap and it works.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Good idea! For sure less exhausing than my huge syringe. Therewith it really takes some time and quite a lot of muscles due to the oil viscosity, but on the other hand I save money for a gym with such "training" :D. But lazy as I am, I should try out you device ... :D.

9. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    #1684 BJJ, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    On mobile.de presently in total 7 (!) Jaramas are offered for sale, this is more than 2% of all cars ever built. I cannot remember any time that somewhat near this "flood" was on offer in the the past (one single car on offer was a rare thing 10 years ago). And at least some of the cars apparently are standing since weeks and months. What does that say to us?

Cheers, Bernhard

P.S.: For comparison, these 2% would correspond to 26 Espadas for sale. On this single site and in Europe only.

10. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    About a year ago, 80% of these cars were already advertised, there are a GT & GTS new on the list... but there are 2x others more in USA for sale.

But speaking about Espada, they are about 28 for sale worldwide...

There is no penury... or plenty of choice or too much offer for demand... and the same with Countach, Urraco, Jalpa, Miura, Diablo...

11. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    That is what I am wondering about, because this would rather suggest low prices than high prices. In contrast, when I bought mine (long ago), this car was the only one known to me for sale in two years. Nevertheless for comparatively little money (it stood three years at the dealer, despite recent full engine and transmission recon, fully invoiced with all details). Strange market behavior ...

In former times at least with the comparatively "unloved" cars (like Jarama) nobody would have made up the calculation: market value = car purchase price + restauration costs. Everyone would have told you that restauration costs will never be recovered in full, just at a fraction. In fact, what I had paid was about half of the recon invoices, the car having a straight and rust free body.

Cheers, Bernhard

12. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
  13. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    unmodified GT without lateral front fenders air scoops...

14. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Like mine :), I hope to manage the heat issue by ceramic coating of the headers and with an aluminium radiator.

Cheers, Bernhard

15. bb4635

bb4635 Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    France
    #1690 bb4635, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Probably a good purchase with original interior , but with some works to do including a new paintjob...

Builtsheet :

Modello : Jarama
    Versione : GTS
    Codice del telaio #10.378
    Motore tipo : L401
    Codice del motore #40939
    Marazzi carrozzeria – Scocca #190
    Colore esterno : Rosso Granada
    Colore interno : Bianco
    Data di consegna : 29/09/1972
    Concessionnaro : S.E.A. – Roma

17. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014
    Hello,

i`m looking for a original owners manual and a original CATALOGO PEZZI DI RICAMBIO for my Jarama.

Does somebody know if the original Jarama owners manual has a glued Wiring diagram on the last page ?

If anyone of you have one of those for sale, please contact me.

I thank you in advance

Best regards

Zdenek

18. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    PM sent

19. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
  20. lambocars

lambocars Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    Just a little question I've not been able to find an answer to ... were leather seats an option on the Jarama GT and GTS? I see most photos showing full leather seats ... and then I find a photo with cloth centers (velours ?) on the seats.

21. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    partial velvet combined to leather was standard

full leather option

22. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA