Jax Events? | FerrariChat

Jax Events?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Badazzv8, Sep 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Badazzv8

Badazzv8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm relocating to Jacksonville next week and am looking for events to add to my calendar (Meets, cruises, hangouts, Cars and Coffee, etc.).

Anyone know of anything going on?

2. CaptOharry

CaptOharry Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    There is a nice gettogether every 1st and 4th Saturday 5pm to 8pm at the old Food Lion,at the Corner of Fruit Cove and San Jose Blvd,Myself and one other F-car owner go there,plus lots of muscle and alot of Restored beauties,fun Family atmosphere,good food and a DJ.Come on out and join us.

3. Badazzv8

Badazzv8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sounds good. I should be able to come out in November.

4. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
  5. Badazzv8

Badazzv8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Cool, can't wait!

I have an '08 QP Executive GT w/ muffler delete, '05 Viper (Supercharged - 696whp), '98 M3 (road race car), '99 Eclipse GST (decently modded), '03 X5 (tow vehicle), & '11 Trailex enclosed trailer. And my gf drives a Mini Cooper.

The next car to add to the stable is an F430.

6. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I may be relocating to the area next year also more in between Jax and Daytona, besides Jax whats going on in Daytona ?

7. CarsforourTroops

BANNED

Aug 7, 2011
    This year we are hosting our second annual exotic car show to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The show is being held on October 20th from 10am to 1pm at the Wild Wing Cafe on Southside Blvd. (4555 Southside Blvd., Jacksonville FL 32216).

Last year we had over 30 exotic and high-end luxury cars in attendance and were fortunate enough to raise $7,200 through various donations, entry fees, sponsorships, and a raffle. All money collected was given to the Homes For Our Troops organization to offset the cost of a specially adapted home being built for a local, wounded marine.

This year we are expecting at least 50 exotic cars to attend and hope to raise at least $10,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Please join us that day to help support the men and women that serve our country. We couldn't have this show without them!

Please visit www.CarsForOurTroops.org for registration information. Entry fee is $50

8. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Besides the car and coffee I don't know of any good events. Never been to the food lion one. Cars and coffee is fun, but we rarely have any exotics there.

It would be great to have an exotics gathering and some fun drives.

9. Badazzv8

Badazzv8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    That's kinda what I'm gathering. Not too many exotics in the area, or at least that get together. There were a ton in Cleveland, where I moved from. We also had some pretty good drives. I guess the straight/flat FL land isn't as fun to drive though.

I'll make it to a C&C event and the Food Lion show at some point. Just not sure which one, since my schedule is so hectic right now.

Definitely get in touch if there is a cruise. I'd love to get the car out and drive some nice roads around the area.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    A ton in Cleveland ? I couldn't tell ... only a few would come out . So Jax is no different. I think there are more in the area but most owners aren't the type to go to gatherings ...

11. M3Malcolm

M3Malcolm Rookie

Jul 23, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey guys, we are trying to get more exotics at the cars and coffee meet! Hope as many of you can make it out every second saturday of the month!

Also, we are relocating to the St. Johns Town Center by Whiskey River starting January 12th!!!

As usual, you can stay updated via http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/automotive-addicts-meeting

12. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Any ideas what we can do to get them out to the cars & coffee?

We met some cool guys last weekend with Aston Martin, Ferrari etc. and think they will be coming next time. We need lots of exotics!

13. M3Malcolm

M3Malcolm Rookie

Jul 23, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jax has a LOT of exotics. Just the city is so wide-spread, and like you said about some not wanting to come out to the "gatherings" or "meets". I think with the new location we should have a good "NEW" variety of exotics.

With everyone's help in spreading the word to people who you know that own exotics would be a big step in the right direction. Any help is much appreciated!!!!!

14. CaptOharry

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    Hey Malcolm,Dave, I don't bother anymore trying to get a bunch of F-Cars together anymore,better luck winning the Lottery,Ive been hanging around a friend of mine he has a 328,we get together at least once a month due to Schedule conflicts,My friend just met a guy with a Lambo,he wants to get a drive going,I'd much rather do that than sit in some Parking lot sipping Coffee,Don't get me wrong I like to go to these Events but now here in North Florida is the time to RIDE! If you want PM me with your phone #s,we'll get something going, all the best Harry.

15. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Amen.

Today was the nicest driving day I can remember here in Atlantic Beach. Let the 308 stretch her legs and suck in the cool air. So nice out.

Been four years or so but we had a few get togethers here in Jax. Last one in Neptune beach but only four Ferraris showed up. Nice still but wish we had a larger group. I'd be up for a drive/meet.

16. CaptOharry

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    Stuart, tomorrow morning i'm heading over to my Friends place to help him with a sticking accellerator pedal,on his 328.If your not doing anything tomorrow stop on by,it be great to meet another 308 owner,were gonna get together around 11am.PM me i'll give you my cell# hope to hear from you Harry.

17. Badazzv8

Badazzv8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    When were you in Cleveland? There were more exotics (not just F-cars) at C&C once they moved from Quay 55 to Transportation Boulevard. But I say a ton relative to what I've heard come out in Jax. There were also nice drives at the C&C events until someone crashed into a classic $1MM car. Them only those trusted and on the private list were invited. We also had meets at people's homes, shops, etc.

IMO, organized cruises to a lunch spot, after hanging out for a little bit, is what attracted people in Cleveland. As long as it is safe and organized. We had maps, which were handed out at the "driver's meeting" and people knew what to expect.

We also had a small contingent that did HPDE's with a few of the guys, but I haven't found anyone that really road races here yet. I hope to though.

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm planning to relocate to the area and that's one thing I will miss are the gatherings and drives. Where I am now there are plenty of exotic owners who get together regularly.

19. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I was the one who help start C&C in Cleveland at Quay so I'm glad to know that it got better when it moved. Being that I'm in nyc area we have a lot of events and drives with great turn out of all exotics . No shortage here. The twist here is most of the owners are under 40 and the cars are newer .

I would like to see the same happen in Jax area .

20. CaptOharry

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    #20 CaptOharry, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My Friend Tony has the 328,I have the 308,Tony has this Great place to open the Throttle and Drive a F-Car the way they were intended to be Driven,What a Blast, once in a While just have fun with your Fiends and Cars,Northeast Florida has some nice Roads to drive you just got to get out of the Garage!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Shoot. Just saw your reply. Maybe next time. I'll pm you my cell.

Great looking pics btw.

Some reason your box won't accept PMs. I'll take the chance. I'm at area code (six seven eight) 520- three three six five.

22. CaptOharry

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    I put a video on you tube,Quality is crap i used my Cell Phone to film, check out, awesome day to drive a Ferrari, Tonys 328 has Tubi Exhaust she sounds great!

23. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am up for a drive for sure. Are you guys going to that meet at the old food lion sat?

My friend Diddy has a couple friends with 360's. Maybe they will go.

I have seen a yellow diablo a couple times in town. It sounds bad ass. Is that the one you are talking about?

24. CaptOharry

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    I think the Schedule for the Food Lion is the 2nd & 4th Saturday each month,But hows about just a get together Sat AM ? We can Meet somewhere in the Middle,I know Tony should be up to it if his Schedule is open.I have to Work in the Evening until the Wee hours of the AM.

25. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have a garage sale sat. Am, maybe a Sunday drive?