Jay Kay's Enzo in Ldn this w-end------- | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Jay Kay's Enzo in Ldn this w-end-------

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by tonyh, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. collie27

collie27 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Bonus (poor quality pic)

does an Enzo have an ashtray?

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wolfgang...! How's it going, buddy...? i hope all is well... No internet access on the weekends, i didn't see this thread until this morning... :)

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i was wondering where you were at this weekend Carbon. I thought you had gone to Hawaii to fisnish some stuff up.:)

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...! No, i took care of it a few minutes ago... All from the comfort of the office... :)

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    good to hear.

6. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    For a moment I thought it wouldn't be JayKays enzo because his is TDF Blue and that looks Black (Nero?) in the pictures. Also, It's an american Spec. Enzo.

Nice to see it in public.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

What ? Jay Kay Enzo is black. And why would it be an america spec car ? he took delivery of it in Maranello and drove it home in the UK.

8. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
  9. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Clint
    His car maybe be black, that's a minor misjudgement. As for the car being driven to the UK from Maranello, it doesn't mean it isn't specced for the US. The sidemarkers/orange reflectors hardly ever appear on a UK spec vehicle and what am I seeing there? Orange sidemarkers/reflectors, which are required in the US.

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

His car is black and all Enzos have the sidemarkers/reflectors..

11. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Clint
    If all Enzos have the sidemarkers then the Enzo was designed/produced/manufactuered with the US as the main target market. No Biggie. :)

12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    lol alright..but the car is black ;) !

13. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Most countries require that, the Enzo was produced as a "present" for important and loyal ferrari customers. No Biggie. :)

14. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Clint
    The only countries that require those sidemarkers are the US, Canada (?), Sweden, Iceland, Norway etc I don't think there are many others out of the odd 100+ countries there are.

So, several of the odd 100+ countries means most? I doubt it.

And yes, we ' average Joes' believe the Enzo was made for the Ferrari exclusives, but they still manage to leak onto the premium market. Even after some 'anti re-sale at a profit' clause was (apparantly) involved in the purchase of the so called exclusive Ferrari for the exclusive Ferrari customers. Not that I was unaware of the reason behind the Enzo's existance, but thanks for refreshing my memory. :)

15. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    OK here we go again, originally 349 Enzo's were to be produced for important clients, then American dealers kept complaining that they could not order enough to satisfy the number of customers requesting them, so 399 were eventualy made.
    So it could be said the Enzo was originally designed/produced/manufacured ignoring the US market.

16. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Clint
    I disagree.

Most of the European car manufacturers have the biggest customer base in America due to the sheer number of citizens and the wealth of the country as a whole. The US is the number one of average income per head, in the world. (according to the CIA factfile on the country)

Meaning an international car manufacturer can be deemed stupid if they didn't focus the product's R&D around the US, i.e going to the lengths to make it environmentally friendly for the Californian laws etc.

The number of Enzos that was originally planned to be produced (349) was chosen due to sentimental value at Ferrari, not some simple supply and demand logistics.

You don't really think Ferrari SPA typed in "Important Clientel" into their computer and 349 names appeared, then releasing statements saying they would produce only 349 to satisfy those 349 Ferrari owners. Then realising there were more! You got to be kidding.

17. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    What is it with you and the US? Ferrari didn't want to build a car for America, they wanted to make an awesome car fullstop.
    The US has the highest average income in the world? This statistic is misleading due to the large number of billionaires in the US, do you honestly belive the average American is better off than the average citizen of Monaco?

The viper was built for Americans, not the Enzo.

Back to Jay Kay, he just bought a RR Phantom, and a Bentley GT

18. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I love that car!! It is so nice to see the owner using it!!

19. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Tony,

Did you take these pictures yourself ???

I bet you could hear it coming miles away.

cheers
    mickey

20. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eric Clapton uses his. Doesn't he ???

21. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    Are you serious...

Jeez I like Jamiroquai and all but did they sell THAT many albums to make jay (1 of the 5 members ) that rich??? ... just think of the yearly insurance bill for all his cars in the UK (!?!?!!?)

22. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    They have sold over 16 million albums - given he gets 1/5 of performing royalties (10% of CD sales) and nearly all the writing royalties (30% of CD sales) he can definitely afford the Enzo and the insurance!!

23. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    I've been to their concert. It was a great performance! And very nice car :) , hope he uses it in his forthcoming video clip .

24. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
  25. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory