JDRF gets $3,400 | FerrariChat

JDRF gets $3,400

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by turbomangt, Jun 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    The Juvenville Diabetes Research Foundation will get a check for over 3 grand as a result of the effort on behalf the Chicago Corvette Club and Perfect Auto Finish from the show on fathers day. If the Ferrari club ever wants to sponsor such a show, I will glad to help out for any worthy cause. Gary

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    A little more info;

To those of you that don't know, Juvenile Diabetes does not refer to kids that are diabetic. It's a term used for anyone that has Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.

Your contributions to research will help everyone with this crippling disease and, at this point, the main benefit will be to the younger generations that that were born with it, or contracted it at an early age.

In my case, I've had Juvenile Diabetes for 20 years, and severe physical damage has already been done.

If you can find it in your hearts, please contribute to research. At this point, people of my gen probably won't gain any benefit, but hopefully the children of today and tomorrow will have a cure for it in their lifetime.

Soapbox mode off! :)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congratulations! Well done.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas,Guys....Perhaps we've found our Charity. And,from what I see every single day on the News. It's just getting Worse- EVERY DAY...And,with our Buddy Skip also suffering,it really hits home.

Anything that we can do to help,so that good people like Skip don't have to suffer through this anymore,is certainly worth consideration.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Well done. I work with Margie Teller, who is heavily involved with JDF in Chicago. She always hits us up for a bunch every year, but definitely worthwhile.

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I have a friend who's 9 yr old son was diagnosed with JD about a year ago.

I sure would love it if I could see him cured in my lifetime......