Jealousy and rude on roads. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Jealousy and rude on roads.

Discussion in '360/430' started by 2bf360, Dec 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    No bad stories. I just show them my biceps and they know their place if they say or do something stupid. Kidding aside, all thumbs up when I bring her out.

Sucks that happened to the OP, but at least be thankful none of these happened.

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    surprisingly the response has been overwhelming positive. lots of questions about the car and photo opts. quite a few folks in VWs, Subaru's and crappy american cars try to race. 90% of the time i pass. everyone in a while i'll smoke someone for fun.

however, one time a worn out four door honda was driving like a maniac around me and trying to race. it was a wet night. we line up at a light and i decided to roast this guy. the light turns green and i punch it and spin out the tires and my rear ends gets all squirrelly so i let off the gas. the guy in the honda burns me hard. i got what i deserved and he got to tell all his friends he wasted a ferrari

fc2 likes this.
  3. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    I'm in northern California and people either don't care or are very positive. I don't think I've had a bad experience yet (knock on wood). My car is also not very "blingy" (no side shields, gray, medium tint).

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Somehow, it always seems to be Mustangs!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

I'm 360 Canuck and G. Pepper like this.
  5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's ALWAYS a mustang. :)

I've been fortunate to only have gotten thumbs up, etc. from other drivers. If someone threw something at me or tried to destroy my property.. I'd have a problem with that.

Need4Spd likes this.
  6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    In defense of the population, 99.8% of BMW drivers are buttholes.....

timjen88 and G. Pepper like this.
  7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    We talk about VW and Subaru, and the American cars are the "crappy" ones? What cars might that be referencing?

8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    It's a reminder of their shortcomings so they get offended.

9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    A friend took his Maserati to the gym once ... he came out to find someone emptied an entire bottle of mayonase all over his car on a hot summer day. Windows door handles rims and everywhere else.

10. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Acts of unkindness aside what truly cracks me up about driving a Ferrari is how every panel van, Toyota Corolla, pickup truck with ladder racks etc. will want to race you. And they will do the stupidest things to get in front of, or swoosh by, you.

No matter how unsafe driving conditions are one can rest assured that the rusty construction truck loaded with every imaginable kind of crap several car lengths behind you will find a way to pass your Ferrari in a burst of speed.

11. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Then the diesels “blow coal” after getting in front of you. I can’t stand those guys when they do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
  13. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    America is a race to the bottom now a days. People are miserable and do not appreciate success. Small suv drivers are the ones who clog our roads and they normally do not appreciate anything good since most don’t know anything good. Prius and Subaru wagon drivers are horrible and many owners are miserable at least by me.

I still love seeing Ferrari’s on the road even though I have one and see them so often around town on weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

timjen88 and kes7u like this.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Adam Corolla tells this story better than I do. Its a story of when he was a kid. It goes like this:

"When I was a kid working on the front yard of my house with my dad, a guy drove by in a new Rolls Royce. My dad and I looked at the car as it drove by and admired it. Then he said to me: Son, if you work hard and be smart someday you can own a car like that!

Today a Dad would tell his kid: How dare anyone have that much money! Its unfair."

I think Adam has a point. Attitudes about other people's property and conspicuous consumption has changed.

15. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    In my experience, for the most part nobody cares. A few outliers will say, hey nice car or or rev their mustang/camaro engines but the majority of people just go on living their lives.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Bingo. In our little slice of the Dallas Metroplex, F-cars are very uncommon, and most people don't recognize it. I'm sure being a low key color Cali makes a diff. Most people are just not into cars like us. Heck, it took our next door neighbors a year to realize it wasn't a Corvette!

However, when they do, always positive, except for the one dude in a work van who shouted "Nice Volkswagen!" and, who knows, he may have thought it was a Porsche and was trying to be clever.
    T

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Part of it is where you live. In LA no one cares. I saw the new Bugatti going down the road near Santa Monica (must have been a press car) and no one even bothered to glance at it -- except me!

18. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    A kid would be more expensive than my Ferrari but only rarely do I go off on moms at the supermarket about it “hey don’t bring that child in here to show off your wealth, leave it at home in it’s room!”

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Lol! How true.

Although there is a movement today to have fewer kids to "be green".

That's fine as long as everyone else does too.

dang2407 likes this.
  20. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    39 years owning Ferraris, 275 GTB and now a 360..never a negative gesture...most touching was a Navajo elder, who had every reason to envy, asked politely if he could touch it and convey good spirits to the car and it's owner ....wow this is a popular topic!

Walt in Oregon

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I've had Ferraris and exotics for 30 years, and for the most part it has always been positive. I don't notice the attention, but when my wife is following me (and I'm not doing my usual 20mph faster than traffic), she says there is a constant jockeying for position to check the car out and get a picture. She says that the woman are funny, in that they check themselves in their mirror, and arrange their hair before they pull next to me and look over.

There will always be folks that look upon your success and realize their own failure and want to take it out on you. It is what it is...

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I couldn't stand to watch anymore than the first three.

I don't have any problems. Lots of compliments and photos. But I live in Texas, the land of $75K pickup trucks.

23. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    ...and there it is. I often tell folks that they too could have one for the cost, interest, and depreciation of a new wiz bang twin sunroof, sliding running board, etc. Ford or Chevy fully opted top of the line pick up truck.

G. Pepper likes this.
  24. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Some of those vids are what happens when 2 asso's collide.
    Jealousy is bad, but so is flaunting and annoying behaviour. There's too many angry ppl around today to "poke the bear". It's immature and unwise at best. We can all act with a little more class and respect.

Whether it's unnecessarily revving a modified exhaust in traffic, or jumping on someone's hood, my litmus test of right or wrong is whether you would have behaved the same way if a cop were standing right there. In both cases, I'd say they likely wouldn't, therefore they each behaved badly, knowingly , although causing physical damage is clearly the worst of the 2. The other is simply rude and stupid. We get tickets from cops here for "excessive noise". It's one of those tickets cops can give for pretty much not liking you. I got one years ago for chirping my tires at a light. Now, I upshift and bring the revs down anytime I'm near a cop.

The funny thing is, Harley's can be at a least as loud...I wonder if they get attacked in the same way as ppl in cars!

25. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have come out of restaurants and have found what could only be described as a mucous like substance (person must have had a lung infection) on my windshield. A regular issue is being tailgated. Back before camera phones were around, a dude spit on me in traffic. He had a vanity plate that described his height (big guy). My father was with me and was angry and I was livid. It's alleged that I caught up to him, punched his door glass out and then ****ed him up to the point of hospitalization. You can't do this now a days and I'm too old anyways. I wonder if beating the **** out of rude drivers cures their behaviour? I would like to think that they consider the consequences of their behaviour.... I have witnessed a friends dog chomp on a friends leg, dog got kicked in the head and that bad behaviour never happened again.