Jealousy and rude on roads. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Jealousy and rude on roads.

Discussion in '360/430' started by 2bf360, Dec 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Good to go in early June through August

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Insects do not bother my car. I can not say the same for rock chips. LOL

I could not agree more with the notion that getting off the Interstates allows one to see some mighty spectacular country. It seems with the introduction of the cellular phone (I had something to do with that) that we have become more mobile conscious and this usually means getting from point A to B as quickly as possible.

Except for your stomping ground, the Pacific Northwest, my work took me throughout all the other regions of the country. I have my favorites; places that seemed idyllic. All it required to visit these hidden gems in the natural beauty of the United States was the means and the desire to go.

Way2fast likes this.
  3. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I have not really noticed negative reactions when driving. Mostly positive. When I am driving I am not too conscious of the people in other cars though. I am more worried about the exterior dimensions of their cars in relation to my own. ;) Recently, a lady decided to change lanes into my lane at a sharp angle and much lower speed. Had I been in my Jeep, there would have been an accident. But the brakes and agility of the Fcar bailed me out. That is what I worry about.

4. Alan004

Alan004 Rookie

Oct 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alan K

I wrote a little description of a police stop I had when bringing the car back from Denver. I didn't want to post it unless any one is really interested.

MalcQV likes this.
  5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Go for it. I am interested.

6. Alan004

Alan004 Rookie

Oct 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alan K
    Oh please don't remind me.. rock chips. The bane of my car. I have those little meteor strikes all over the hood, front bumper. Ugh.

Your not missing much up here in the PCNW. There are some great roads to the south east, but I can promise you they are heavily patrolled.
    What I did't mention was the law enforcing entanglement I got into just as I crossed the border coming into WA on my journey to bring my car home.

As soon as I got into my home state, a feeling of anxiety quickly over came me. But I brushed it aside as I cruised up this gorgeous road at 86 mph with wheat fields to the left and right of me on that bright August day. Blue sky's, the dust of harvesters on the horizon. A small group of oncoming cars passed me. I did not pay too much attention until.... The Valentine 1 exploded in warning lights and high pitched whines! WHAT? Where? I scrambled looking around.
    I could see nothing ahead. Where was the bastard that just got me? I checked the rear view mirror and all I could see was break dust, pieces of dirt and ground swirl flying into the air! Behind the maelstrom of chaos was a Dodge Charger coming hard and blue lights lighting up like NY city.
    Oh crap. I crested the hill.. then I knew he had lost line of sight!
    All I needed was a small exit road to the left or right.. I scanned and there was my slot! A small and narrow tracked road to the right. I braked hard but it wasn't enough. I did a norwegian flick and pulled the hand brake hard. The Yokohama rubber screaming in protest. I got the nose pointed in the right direction and poured on the power. (Not this time shall you have me! I thought). I dropped down the dirt track.. I checked the rear view and he had driven past me at high rate of knots! I grinned... a smug look of satisfaction came across my face.. then a thought of dread. My smug look soon vanished as I realized once I had crested the hill, the view opened up for 10 miles or more. He would have seen very quickly I had vanished and there would be only one way I could have gone!
    A grain silo to the right would afford me cover, but I hesitated trying to decide if I should continue to the homes that lay ahead and park in some one's driveway pretending to be lost. I went with plan B, but it was to no avail. The officer was too cunning. He had realized quickly his blunder and turned his car with upmost venom and came in hot pursuit! He had flown down my escape rout with the vigor of Colin McRae. "If in doubt, flat out". He was on me like white on rice, like a cheap suit. I had seen him turn in early and decided to go with plan C.
    I set every thing up on the passenger seat. I rolled down the window in preparation for his approach. Engine off, car in park and hand brake on. The V1 turned off, my GPS open on my phone and hand scribbled notes out for all to see.
    He approached. I pretended not to notice. "Sir! Excuse me!" I ignored him, focusing on my map and bits of paper. "SIR!" I turned and looked at him.... "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see you! Finally an officer when you need one! I am so lost. Where the hell am I?" Confusion spread across his face. "What?"
    Look, I'm trying to get to Seattle. I just bought this thing and I'm trying to get home..."
    "What sir.. they don't sell cars in Seattle?" came his sarcastic reply. Not this one they don't! I got the last one and grinned. He wasn't amused.
    "These cars are usually stolen sir. I'll need to see the bill of sale". Really? I replied. You think I stole this? Yeah, I walked right into the showroom, took the keys off the rack, said thank you, then drove it out of the show room, filled it up with gas and made my way out here across 3 states and got lost. Seems plausible to me...."
    That went down like a Zeppelin. Like a lead balloon. I reached into the glove box and handed him all the sales documents I could. After he was satisfied it wasn't nicked, he looked me dead in they eye..."You weren't trying to get away from me were you?" What? A look of shock across my face. "Look.. I'm 52 years of age. Maybe 20 years ago I may have thought about it, but come on... Really? I am way too old for that ****". His reply? Yeah, well I'm 54! My back is giving me trouble.. those damn bucket seats... I turned to look at his pursuit vehicle. My face lit up for the show.. "WOW! That looks FAST! I never saw you coming! No wonder! What engine is under that hood!?"
    He tipped his hat and stood up straight his shoulders back looking smug... he replied "That's our Dodge Charger High Pursuit Vehicle with a 5.7 Liter HEMI V8!" Wow! How cool is that!? I said.
    ( I played dumb ) the scenes from the Cannonball Run coming back to me. It was working. I couldn't believe my luck. He continued... "Yeah it's fast alright but I'll be damn glad when we they get rid of those next year and they are all replaced with Ford Explorers... with comfy seats!" I could not believe he actually said that. I grinned... so hard I almost laughed. He just gave a away the farm. No more Eastern Washington High Pursuit Chargers. Instead.. lumbering, crap corning Explorer's. But at least the officers will comfortable in their moments of complete defeat as they are out cornered and left for dust... I shook my head slowly.
    I could not believe the divulging of such important information was all too easy.

He let me off with a ticket he down graded from 86 to 74. He drove off and I sat there not believing what I had just pulled off. I had driven across 3 states, no patrols, deep into 3 figures. And the last state I get to, WA and this happens. I called my Eastern WA attorney near Wenatchee long before I even got home. It was dismissed a month later.

MalcQV and Apollo 11 like this.
  7. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Thanks
    Straight out of a movie :cool: :D