Jeez I screwed up. Anyone familiar with this piece? | FerrariChat

Jeez I screwed up. Anyone familiar with this piece?

Discussion in '348/355' started by jfor348, Dec 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jfor348

jfor348 Rookie

Apr 14, 2016
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    John Foreman
    Image Unavailable, Please Login So as I was cleaning I noticed this screw on top of this long trim piece under rear window. ( for the first time in 16 years). It has the F Symbol on it. I thought maybe unscrewing it will probably loosen the piece and I can wiggle it off temporarily to see what’s behind it, just for kicks. Well big mistake cause it will NOT go back on nicely. Looks uneven and not right. It’s not like I was rough with it at all.
    Maybe someone has dealt with this? Does it use those push on plastic grabby things like other cars have, like on doors etc? Should I pry it off and reinstall these, or is that a bad idea? I just can’t visualize what is holding it on in order to make a decision. I’m so pissed at myself for doing this when it was perfect before I started. Any help appreciated. ( I’m new to this so hope I’m doing this correctly) Thanks.

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Qavion likes this.
  3. jfor348

jfor348 Rookie

Apr 14, 2016
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    John Foreman
    Oh man, that’s excellent. You couldn’t have been more helpful. You probably saved me from making a huge mistake! How fluky and lucky for me you happened to be on here now. Thanks so much.

steved033 likes this.
  4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    8mm nuts IIRC.

You basically have to lay on the engine and maneuver your hand to feel where the nut comes through.
    In this case, you might have to remove the panel in order to get the threaded rod back through the hole.

steved033 likes this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'm 6'3" with orangutan arms, i just reached over the buttress.

sjd

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.