355 - Jeff's '97 355 GTS Journey | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Jeff's '97 355 GTS Journey

Discussion in '348/355' started by sgtpeper, Jun 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    The CD changer was likely optional. It’s hidden and under the inspection plate in the front boot. RHS on RHD cars.

I would think the Alpine was fitted afterwards to have CD capability as you say. Alpine wasn’t fitted from factory.

2. TxTornado

TxTornado Rookie

May 15, 2019
    Corinth, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel B. Ray
    Beautiful car. Congrats on your 355. Drive it like you mean it & have fun !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sgtpeper likes this.
  3. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    A friend came over this weekend with his 488 Spider and he let me drive it. It absolutely blew me away! So much power all over the rev band. The handling was sublime etc. However, I have to say I got back into my F355 and was just as happy - if not more. I can use all the power in my car more often than I was able to use 1/4 of the power in the 488.

The biggest surprise of driving my 355 is just how comfortable it actually is. The suspension is really much more comfortable than my 996 Turbo.

I dropped the car off at a restoration shop today to be paint corrected and to have the interior really gone through and tightened up. Can't wait to get it back!

If you've read this far - does having the suspension light on with the button mean the car is in comfort or sport mode? I can't really tell a difference but I will did find a note stuck into the original manual saying that the car is in comfort mode when the light is on?

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    light on means comfort mode, pretty minor difference for me

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Fully agree with you, new cats have too much power to be fully used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk