Jimmie Johnson on NASCAR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Jimmie Johnson on NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Nov 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    True. But the paneling and the thinking will remain for eternity! Some things take forever to change but at NASCAR, its all about one thing and it isn't tradition.

2. I didn't notice "stopped". Yes those cars exist....but how many decades sooner would they have without the politics?

Any who, I've been following since '60, and I don't remember "stock" cars being raced right off the floor (big time racing that is). No.....absolutely no.....car off the assembly lines were/are race ready. (Well, maybe the NFGT was close, but that, in essence, was a race car built capable to be driven on the street.....'matter of fact 'was raced (IMSA and WEC) before it was available to the public, '16 vs '17)
    The cages are not there just to protect the drivers. 'Haven't been for mucho decades.

3. A little better and a little worse. Radials, 1989, and throttle body FI in '11 or '12 iirc.

Stop pickin' on the good ol' boys :p...they're trying to catch up the best they can at their own rate....:oops:

:)