John Kerry: Piece of Shat..or Future Presidential Material | Page 5 | FerrariChat

John Kerry: Piece of Shat..or Future Presidential Material

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tifosi69, Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    jonas and his countrymen, and the rest of europe, and the lib/dems in the usa, and the terrorists and rogue governments of the world, may not like gwb for all sorts of reasons.

although i can list multiple reasons why i not only will vote for him, but support his foreign policy program wholeheartedly, i will give you just one that sums him up and makes me comfortable:

he says what he means, and means what he says. you know where he stands on the war on terror and there will be no deviation from that stance, regardless of how many people dislike him. and that is the kind of man i want watching out for me - i know where he stands. he knows he is going to anger at least 50pct of the room, but he stays true to his convictions instead of pandering to the latest poll.

art and others will now flame for being 'naive' and believing everything the gop tells me. this is not the case, i can assure you. i know there are some shades of gray in every administration. but it was the same way with reagan; you may not have liked what he did or said, but at least you always knew where he stood, and he wasn't going to sell you out for the next vote.

2. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi all.

Tifosi69 states:

"The RAF was rendered impotent by Hitlers Luftwaffa, and German troops occupied London!! I thought you KNEW history."

This cannot be for real !! As the rest of us probably know, the Luftwaffa switched their "Battle of Britain" activities from having dogfights with the RAF and bombing airfields to bombing London, just when the RAF had no reserves left and it was **** or bust !

This gave the RAF essential time to re-group and gather themselves. Meanwhile, rather than pound the population of London in submission, the Blitz stiffened resolve and hatred of the NAZIs.

There were of course, no German troops in London !

Sorry to chime in late here but one reads this cr*p and a note just has to be written !

Rant over !! Come and buy a part !

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Sorry. did not reply earlier was gone, I got to typing too quick and left some phrases out, namely "might have well as" been in London. Sorry, my point was directed at Jonas' total misinformation and I got myself a little excited, but I think you understand my overall point.

4. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    I guess you haven't seen the interview with Bush when he was a guvenor? He said: "I do NOT think that US Troops should be used for nationbuilding." Then after he has been voted in to office, he says: "The US troops should be used for nationbuilding." So much for someone who know where he stands?

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    jonas, you are forgetting about 9/11 and how that changed the way the usa must now look at foreign policy. just be glad we are paying attention, so that you and most other europeans don't have to.....

6. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    No, not really...

7. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    There is mass hysteria around the terrorism, and it is being blown out of proportions. There's a warning from FBI every second week about terrorattacks, but they never happen. Hey, you can't be carefull enough. But it is getting out of hand. Especially when airports starts checking personal information about eating habits and private information about you partner in life, just because you want to go on vacation in the US. It was terrible what happened 9/11, no doubt about it.

No one has to look over us, because, luckily enough we arent targets for terror. No one would want to bomb us, we dont even have anything to bomb :) It's okay to take safety measures, but not if you invade innocent tourist lifes because of something that happened 3 years ago. It ain't right. Let's hope Osama lays low for a while, so we don't have to worry about more attacks. Maybe they did caught the right guy in Iran- Let's pray :)

Your country deserves someone who will save your country, not the whole world.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Sorry to say this but if people don't like it..don't come here. Basically we have no one to blame but ourselves for that, we are the ones that had our "open door" policy in regards to visitors and immigration and unfortunately, it is was TOO open, so as a result we have to tighten up. That is life. As far as airports go, we have ourselves to blame there as well for being too lax. I remember my first European trip in 1983 and at the Rome airport there were Carnonieri and Italian military troops throughout the airport with automatic weapons and I know it was similar in many major European cities. In Europe they had it right 20 years ago while here in America we were FAR too trusting. We need to have security here on par with Ben Gurion airport in Israel and security procedures similar to El Al airline, if we did perhaps 9/11 MIGHT not have happened.

The the UN, Haiti, Bosnia, Somalia (the list goes on) and others should quit coming to us with their hands out expecting to be taken care of. BTW Jonas, is Denmark NOT a member nation of NATO? I believe you are. You guys expected us to protect you from the Soviets did you not?

9. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    You might have had too open borders, I don't know. I've never been lucky enough to visit the US. But now, it's gone out of hand the other way. All people travelling into the US is not terrorist and have not deserved to have their private lives invaded just because they want to visit one of the worlds greatest nations. It seems a bit unfair dont you think?

I believe we are, we have to. We are a very small country, I think we have 2000 soldiers all together. We will not be able to do any resistense at all if we faced an invading country. The US is very big, and have a very big army, and that's fine with me. But it shall not be taken advantage of, and that's what I think Bush is doing. The US has nothing to do down there. Saddam was no threat to the US, only in Bush's lies he were. If Saddam was to be removed from the throne, it should be done in co-operation with the UN, and not some kind og vigilante mission to make the US look good. MY own country is supporting this war, and I along with 100.000 other danish people demonstrated against it.

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    No it is NOT UNFAIR, it is the current world environment. Since we CANNOT look at someone and judge a book by its cover, for OUR OWN SAFETY we MUST worry about ANYONE'S status and motives when they enter this country. Technology has made the world a very small place and made information availble to anyone for the taking via the internet (bomb making, biological weapons manufacturing, etc.) and as a result we have to cove our ASSES. It happened on OUR soil.

11. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    What do my eating habits and private sexlife have to do with terrorism? That's just two of 42 unessasary questions asked when travelling into the US. Travelling purpose and other safety measures is okay, but peoples private life doesn't concern the airports. I understand your concerns, but it is going out of control. Terrorist attacks doesn't happen that often you know. Especially not if it was Osama Bin Laden that was captured some time ago. Do you follow other country's news and information sites? There's alot of complainings comming in about freedom violation from people who has travelled to the US - That really is something to take into consideration, no matter what. But again, I understand why people are afraid of terrorist attacks.

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    WTF are you talking about? Show me this form, I don't believe it, it isn't drafted by or coming from THIS country I feel certain. If such a form exists perhaps it is YOUR country that drafted it, I have not heard anything about such a questionnaire, and I AM open to being WRONG. Anyone else heard of this?

13. ART360

ART360 Guest

There was an interesting book called "Backdraft" in which the writer lists each and everything we the US has done, and what the consequences were. He wrote it in 99 (and updated it after 9/11). The conservatives on this threat need to take a look at it. When you bomb a factory that makes asprin, you get people upset, and they kill Americans in another country. Strange how that works, people want to get revenge. A very interesting book, should be required reading for those who'd rather make noise than learn the facts.

As to conservatives making noise, notice how Tifiosi69 didn't deal with the issues but brought up my purchase of a new car. Things are bad in California, and I've cited various facts about the how and why. As an aside, my law practice seems to do better when the economic is in trouble, seems that when times are tough, people won't let things slide that the might ignore or move on with in a good economy.

Art

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That was Clinton that did that.

I DID deal with the issue, you asked me what Hillary had to do with anything and I stated YOU must have missed the earlier response that brought up Martha Stewart, Enron, Haliburton, et al. as if to suggest that it's all a phenomenon of the RIGHT and the right alone when it comes to corporate graft and greed. You guys on the right have Terry "McAwful" McAuliffe running your party, as a "yes man" for Bill and Hitlary of course, and he is without a doubt a corrupt SOB. You are NOT dealing with the facts. As for the shift to the right, it's happening, you KNOW it's happening, and it is just driving those on the left bonkers. They can't see straight. The race has yet to begin, when all is said and done, Kerry WILL be exposed for the limousine liberal that he is.

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I goofed, meant to say "you guys on the left" regarding Terry McAwful. typo

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    exactly guys, read the thread title, Kerry is a piece of shat hypocrite.

17. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Christ Tif is there little spittle dripping from the side of your mouth by now?
    I just read the whole thread and buddy you are missing the point of all this bickering.
    As Jonas said to most of the world
    BUSH=IDIOT US=POWER US+BUSH=Powerful Idiot
    Now please read the rest of this
    I MAY OR MAY NOT AGREE But if you look at just the idea that somehow Bush is better off "defending" the us think again. Don't you think that somewhere in his cave Osama figured that any old Bush would do? After all he had a number of dealings with the senoir bush when he was director of the CIA and well like father like son.....

And Tifosi please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO FIND A FREEKIN HISTORY BOOK you are making yourself sound like an ill informed arrogant american who is exactly who the rest of the world thinks is in power here.

I am glad you finally clarified that Germans in london thing because.... crap man that was down right stupid.

For the record, The Dutch were Liberated by a hardy band of Canadian's and British who had been in the war from the beginning. US troops were more to the south so they could go to Paris.

Jonas I am sure your history is lots more accurate than the Hollywoodised versions that some folks seem to take as fact.

Now back to the topic at hand, Kerry is now going to be the target of that Republican machine that had spent 70 mil of government money trying to create a scandal out of whitewater and all that crap. I MEAN FOR CHRIST SAKE IT WAS A LAND DEAL IN ARKANSAS THAT WENT TO SH!!T
    I know if that same kind of scrutiny was focused on Bush (AWOL) and Cheny (Ya gotta believe there are skeletons in his closet) there would be even more people out there with Any But BUsh bumper stickers on their cars.

18. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Saw it in a interview with a danish woman who had been to the US in a danish paper. It's called Ekstrabladet. She was asked what her food habits were, and how here sexual status (doesn't know if that's what it's called, but she was asked if she had boyfriend or husband or whatever from were she came) were. Among other unecessary questions. That is hysteria, not safety measures.

www.ekstrabladet.dk

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    No, actually it's a creamy froth.

20. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks a lot Jonas, give me a link I cannot read, it's not in English!

21. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Ahh, I forgot. Do a search on the net, it's out there somewhere. It's gotta be. It's a form with 24 or 42 questions. Can't quite remember. Oh and btw, they also take fingerprints and pictures of/on all people.

22. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Jonas you just discovered the American Achilles heal just converse in any other language than english and your home free....

Vous pal Frances? Moi piti pu....

23. ART360

ART360 Guest

That just might be the issue. Can't read anything but English, but purport to know a little about the world. We only have 265 million here out of 6 billion. Those other folks just may have a different attitude, and sooner or later, we'll need to deal with them, and their differing attitudes. The old saying about every dog having its day is based in reality. Sooner or later, this attitude is going to come home to roost. The younger you are, the more likely you'll see it. Us old guys, are probably going to be gone when the trouble starts.

The issue regarding better or worse off, is still the issue. There are more people angry with us than before, our dollar has lost its value, and the economy is bleeding jobs, that once lost, will never come back. We've spent ourselves into bankruptcy, haven't gotten a recovery, because the money spent didn't go to those who'd use it to generate a recovery, and people who are upset with us, have large investments in our country. Look back to the first part of 2000: which was the better time? And the conservatives think they're an improvement. What are they smoking?

Art

24. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Thanks I think that we share a key board on occasion.....

25. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Je parle beaucoup de différentes langues, ainsi il ne devait pas pisser n'importe qui au loin. C'était une erreur.