... joined the f12 club | Page 2 | FerrariChat

... joined the f12 club

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by eurocg, Apr 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    ... feel the same way, we are very lucky.

2. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Question:

Do your cars wheel hop?

Mine seems to pretty easily.

I think I am on the original Michelin’s. So they are 6 years old if so. Think it is the tires?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Congratulations, I really like the tdf blue. Enjoy your F12 as much as you can and never forget that is the last Ferrari wearing the Pininfarina badge…….

4. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    I'm so with you on this. I had some floor mats made recently and one of the stipulations was that Pininfarina was featured. I'm also having some luggage custom made and that badging will also be acknowledged.

That relationship between the two companies was a very fruitful one and incredibly beautiful designs were created. With that, and apologies to the 812 owners as the specs on the tech side are awesome, but the project developed by the Pininfarina design house were damn near ruined with the changes made within Ferrari.

5. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    This was def in my thought process. I went after that last two. 458 and f12.

Now. I would love, for completely selfish reasons, the value of f12 TDFs to drop due to 812 SF VS .... only to be able to stretch and grab a TDF

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I would get fresh ones, it's partly the tires. But until they're warm, yes, they're going to jump and skitter on anything over about 2/3 throttle.

Once they're getting warmed up over 100-110º, they'll settle in to a predictable amount of slip.

7. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    It is still in the 40-50 degrees here so def not getting the tires up to temp. Still chuckle that partial throttle while turning is a power slide. It is really silly.

ryalex likes this.
  8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah it took me 2-3 months to build up my confidence in sliding it - the 458 you can mash WOT and whip around much more carefree.

I will say with the front engine weight, in Race it is still not too scary to get a little slip, as the car easily snaps straight again with mild correction and a steady foot. What's a real buttcheek-clencher is merging onto a grooved freeway in [allegedly] triple digits and you push the throttle deeper and the car still shimmies before it launches forward even harder.

9. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    My default is CT Off to get more angle and yes, NOW, I understand the RAW and TWITCHY comments I have been reading. You get on anything but smooth roads and it is very “interesting”

I let my buddy drive it. Would not run over 6k revs. Short shifted it the entire time.

ryalex likes this.