Juicing | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Juicing

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GTHill, Aug 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #176 ryalex, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    I'm on another fast, and this time I'm sponsored! My friends are opening a juice bar in Beverly Hills, and I am testing out their products and juice formulas in a fast and seeing how it goes. We put up a blog here: ZeLin Organic Juices - Weight Loss Challenge | A challenge to lose weight with ZeLin Juice. . As of last Sunday, I was down 20lbs. in 14 days. My goal is to get 30lbs in 30 days (which would get me down to 223lbs), and then we will re-assess and set a goal for month 2, which will involve re-introducing solid vegetarian foods.

You could say I'm their "Jared," doing an "un-supersize me" blog. Unlike Joe in "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," I'm not wealthy and taking time off work to just fast and travel around America, but I'm still in the thick of my law practice and working from 7am-7pm every day.

2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Cool man. Are they sending you the juices or are you making them per their recipe?

GT

3. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm making it with their recipies and they're covering the ingredients. They bought two commercial Norwalk machines which are supposed to be online for production soon, and they're going to ship me the juice. That will also save me a lot of time!

4. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    Good luck on the weight loss challenge! Is this the first time you've done a juice fast?

There is no such thing as a commercial norwalk :) Sounds like they got pressed rights or good natures. If they got good natures tell them to watch out some of them use lead paint and the LA county health dept cracks down big time on those machines. They'll shut them down on the spot for that which they did for some other unnamed juice companies there.

5. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks. Yes, I've done it a few times since 2011.

I guess they were trying to say they got commercial cold press machines like the Norwalk one is. I'll ask which one.

6. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  7. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Juicing for the first time starting tomorrow morning.

Starting out at 5'7'', 185 lbs.

My wife and I are both trying it for 3 days to see how we feel about it.

My diet consists primarily of Mountain Dew and cigarettes, with a hearty dose of fast food most evenings. On those evenings we don't order fast food, it's usually Spaghetti at home, or something along those lines...

This should be an adventure...

Mike

8. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Just finished the first 'installment.'

Apple, Broccoli, Beet Root, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Lemon, Bell Pepper, and Avocado.

Tasted like grass.

Next drink is at 11 am.

Oh, and a correction to the starting weight. I was going by a few months ago... weighed in this morning at 78.8 kilo (173 lbs).

Mike

9. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Well, the 11 am drink wasn't as 'tasty' as the 8 am drink.

It has Apples, Kale, Lemon, Baby Spinach Leaves, Celery Cucumber, Broccoli, and Avocado.

But, continuing to continue.

Mike

10. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Add more lemon until you like it more.

GT

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I can't take broccoli, I suspect that's what made the second one worse.

Cabbage also comes out horrible.

12. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Thanks, guys... these are 'pre-made' from a restaurant downtown... finished day one, and on my next to last drink for day 2.

I'll remember the 'lemon trick'.... might be the best advice I ever got from a lawyer.

:D

Mike

13. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was surprised when the green juice at Whole Foods was the worst green juice I've ever had, even compared to ones I've made with overripe celery or cucumbers.

14. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Finished all three days... whew! Honestly? I was hungry!

I did lose 5 and a half pounds...

Mike

15. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    No one is talking about calories of these drinks. Any idea the average caloric intake numbers on these? Thanks.. I am thin by nature but, for some reason anything I look at make a big gut so, trying to concentrate on mid section...

16. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I don't think too much… apples would have the most, in my mixture at least… a small apple is 79 calories, I have 5 daily. throw in a couple beets, carrots, celery, cucumbers, ginger, lemon, Kale, whatever else is seasonal, and I'm at 600-700 calories (one day's supply of juice)

17. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    By the way, thanks to this forum and me finding this thread a few months ago, I've lost a bunch of weight, pants size from 38 to 36 so far, and still going down every week. My 'hybrid' of the juice diet is - juice all day - and a 'normal' meal at night. I travel and entertain, and like to cook big meals on the weekend at the house, so having a single meal every day has worked for me. Arguably the worse meal of the day to eat, but it fits my lifestyle and therefore I can stick to it… and the results in just 6 weeks so far have been more than enough proof for me and the ones I've already converted since..

18. brownsgolf

brownsgolf Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2007
    Western PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I'm just starting a juice fast today, planning to go with a 5 day fast for the first trial. I wish I could have picked up a masticating juicer, but for financial reasons I'm trying a centrifugal juicer for now with the plan being to upgrade later if I stick with this. I'm starting out at 220lbs at 5'10 with the ultimate goal to be down to 175-180 by July when I go to Hawaii. Pretty aggressive approach, but i'm hoping I can pull it off.

19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Drinking even 1500 calories a day is a LOT of vegetable juice! Honestly the most difficult part is just making time to clean and prepare, and having access to them in the day.

20. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Mike, not sure what you hope to accomplish with juicing. If your not being sarcastic about what you say you consume , you need to make some big changes to stay healthy. good luck.

21. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Not sure if anyone here is interested, but I'm selling my Norwalk 280 juicer. I don't really have time and my wife doesn't like it much. She just uses the Omega and likes it just fine.

The Norwalk is known as one of the best juicers on the market and has a price to match. They are $2495 new. The only thing you'd want to buy is some new bags and cloths ($35) since ours are used.

I'm asking $1950. My guess is that it has about 6 hours on it. Thanks!

GT

22. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am on day 21 of nothing but fruits and veggies. My cravings are gone and I feel much better (no animal protein, dairy, or carbs) I juice twice daily and then have one solid meal of veggies or fruit. Pretty soon the 32" pants will be too big. I intend to go another 2 weeks but will stay on a part of this for the rest of my life. For me it was the get heart surgery or die thing that happened last year that made me change my ways. I am fortunate enough to be able to be home for breakfast and lunch to make my drinks (which fill a tray) and consist of Spinach, Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Carrots, Cauliflower, Asparagus, sweet potato, apple, pear, and orange. I add protein powder at the end.

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Even my girlfriend a big health nut and former power lifter tells me she could never do what I'm doing for this long

24. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    I don't know why you would eliminate animal protein . Lean protein in the form of chicken or fish is good for you. So are egg whites. Better to get your protein from real food instead of powder. Also don't forget all the fruit your eating , although it contains a lot of fiber, also contains plenty of sugar which is not especially good for you.

25. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    If you prefer plant based proteins try beans nuts legumes & seeds.

Healthy and good amounts of clean protein.

If you don't mind the cholesterol that comes with it you can also try a whey based protein... But that's dairy - so in case you don't do dairy