July 29th, Car Show Page | FerrariChat

July 29th, Car Show Page

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Patek, Jul 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #1 Patek, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok Jim Lay out the cars. I did not take many. Went to Gateway show, it was really amazing to walk into the building and see the 300 cars for sale on the floor, anything you want is there.

Outside the place it was nice, Ferrari Boxer, Jim Weed and his green Edsel, that has been in his family for over 23 years.

Was not too impressed with the Riot garage, I paid $40 to get in. And..... got a really swell T Shirt. But met a ton of super nice people. It was good to See Mitch there, and Jim with his Golden Wheel 328 making the rounds.

Jim when to the Ferrari Coffee in Buckhead , so we will wait to see the photos of the 18 cars by Ferrari that showed up.

Below is from the Gateway Show. The inside was just massive , hard to get it on camera just the volume. Looked like storage for Barrett Jackson, tons of cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #2 Patek, Jul 29, 2017
  3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I was at Gateway from 8:45-9:30 then went to Buckhead for Corso. Sorry I missed you.

4. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I know I have not seen you in sometime. The Gateway was fun.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #6 Gatorrari, Jul 30, 2017
    While John was having fun at Gateway, I was watching a Ferrari "starting grid" form up at Corso. I left for Buckhead as soon as Hungarian GP qualifying was over (with 2 Ferraris on the front row!) since I wanted to be up front, as I would be leaving early for the GarageRiot event. When I pulled onto Bolling Way, I saw that I was successful, since Tom's 328 (as expected) was the only car then there.

But while I was eating one of the best brownies I've ever had, the cars arrived in a continuous stream. When done, we had 18 Ferraris, such that the police had to move the cones at the back of the street not once, but twice.

You'll note the 328s on the front row, three 430 spiders lined up nose-to-tail, and a bunch of 458s (but no 488s). The V-12 brigade was represented by a 456 and a 550. These first 9 photos show them all, and you'll note that most of us were in the shade.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #7 Gatorrari, Jul 30, 2017
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Thanks Jim for the great pictures! we did in deed have a great turn out. the weather was fantastic for July in Atlanta!!! I hope those that see this = makes you want to come out next month! its a great little tradition we have going on!

Thanks to everyone for coming out.

8. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Tom, if you can move it just a bit closer to Hiawassee would help me out. Maybe top of Brasstown Bald at Sunrise. But, that would still be too early for me. But, it would be close.

Sorry I miss them. hard to get there from the rural hills....

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #10 Gatorrari, Jul 30, 2017
    The GarageRiot show at Wild Wings Cafe was a typical "all makes, all models" show, though I agree with John that the $40 day-of-show entree fee was decidedly steep. (When I saw that, I registered ahead of time and only paid $25, which is very typical for this type of show.)

Not a huge turnout, but decent variety, including a fair number of Europeans. Some good door prizes, a very good D.J., and both burgers and hot dogs outside or anything on Wild Wings' menu inside - a few of us ordered inside and they delivered out to the cars.

Here are a few of my pics:

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Incidentally, Acworth was a no-go. I left the Alpharetta show as soon as the awards were announced. (I probably could have left earlier, since I was sure I wasn't going to win anything.) I made decent time along GA-92 and got to Main St. at 3:55 for what was advertised as a 4:00 to 9:00 event.

Well, I paid the man at the entrance the $2 entry fee, but I cruised the entire length of the show site and every space was taken (or, in a few cases, reserved). I headed for the back-up parking behind the post office (where I really didn't want to park anyway) but it was full, also, so I simply left. (I probably should have gone back and retrieved my $2, but I decided it wasn't worth the trouble; figure it as a "donation for the cause".) It was a shame, because I did see some cars in passing that I would have liked to have photographed.

To ensure that my trip to Acworth wasn't entirely in vain, I headed over to Cobb Parkway and did a little shopping at Books-A-Million, which I don't get to do very often. Then over to I-75 and a quick drive home.

I guess the rule for future Acworth cruise-ins is: forget the advertised 4:00-9:00 time; try and get there by 3:00!

11. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Great pics Jimmy. thanks.

12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    FWIW, I got to acworth at 6, and spots had opened up. got a nice spot in front of a pub in the shade, it seems to be open container-ish...you can get your beer "to go"...not sure how far you can go though.

Walked around there, and it was one of the better cruise nights i've been to. definitely looking forward to the one on the 30th.

sjd