July 3rd Drive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

July 3rd Drive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Jun 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    yes, thanks. We will be in town all day anyways, so we'll keep an eye out!

2. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
    It was nice seeing all of you this morning at Ferrari of San Francisco. Here are some photos of the start gathering for the Mendocino Drive. There was a very nice mix of Exotics today (vintages from 1968 to 2004).
    Gil

3. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    wow, that looks like an amazing group. A lot of those cars I haven't even seen in a show, let alone in the wild.

4. Wankel

Wankel Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cock-Pit
    Dang, I'm speachless, that's an incredible group of exotics.
    What rute after the Ferrari of S/F did you guys take?

5. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Woah! That is a mini-show all to itself. Beautiful cars!

6. Yock

Yock Rookie

May 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ryan Yockey
    Wow thats a good group of exotics, looks like the making of a good trip. What route did you all end up taking?

-Ryan

7. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    WHos Saleen is that?

8. sinbon

sinbon Karting

May 16, 2004
    Petaluma, CA/SLO,CA
    Full Name:
    Bobby Boinski
    who drives the car w/ the bu6r (was it a tvr?) of plates and the 550? i followed them from rhonert park to marin in my stillen TT 300zx. very nice cars. since i missed the meet up in the morning i made a solo run down 1 to fort brag cut over to willits and back down. it was awesome and seeing cars from the meet added a little spark haha. i wish i had made it their on time so much now

9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I wish you guys had posted a route i would have met you. It would have been better than working around the house, going to the gym, and walking the dog.

But, I took the 355 out for a spin this pm, ended up in calistoga, where I saw a saleen, a porsche, a viper and a 360 spider. I wonder who it was. :)

Looks like it was a good gathering, hope you guys had a great run.

10. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Zupra, you're branching out. Good on you.

11. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Vincent,
    Sorry for this one, but some day you will regret not walking the dog every chance you get.
    The car will wait for you patiently in the garage, trust me on this one!!

12. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney

Branching out?

13. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I think I saw your car - was it parked facing the opposite direction of us? I was in the viper

14. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    it was a fun day and I don't care what anyone says, the bbq was pretty good.

Lot's of neat cars and people. It was amazing though how some people
    ( green subaru for one) will not pull over to let faster trafic pass ( us)

In the twisties at a good pace I got stung by a bee and drifted a bit in the other lane trying to get the bee off of me, but that was my only causualty of the day.

Thanks to all who organized and participated. I can't wait for the next one

15. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    :) My dog has way more miles than the car. It's not even a contest.

"I think I saw your car - was it parked facing the opposite direction of us? I was in the viper"

That was me, you guys sounded great.

"Branching out?"

Meaning that you're leaving the speedy 308 thread once in a while.

16. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    We had an awesome time. We went up 101 to 128, then took that for 50-odd miles to Mendocino. Fun day with lots of adventures. The cops were out in force, and so were the scourge of the road (minivans/stations wagons/SUVs/Caddies/pickup trucks)! I will let others share the stories, if they want to.

We caught up to what seemed like a country fair in Mendocino, and had lunch there. I will put up some pics within the next hour.

On the way back, the Saleen, Porsche, Viper, and 360 split off at the end of 128 to detour through Napa, and the rest of us came back along 101.

sinbon, so that was you in the 300z on the way back? Fun weave...heh. That was Dan in the 550, my friend John in the BMW M3, and me in the TVR.

Vincent, everyone else, sorry for not posting the route here. I had asked a friend to print out 50 copies, and he and I didn't meet up until the start of the meet, so I didn't know what it was in advance. And, the previous day, he was not near a computer to post it.

Lox brought his cute little doggie, I think she's gonna be our mascot.

All I will say is, Dan and his 550 Maranello and I are now kindred spirits. Ben, you need to get a camera in a remote controlled helicopter and get some footage!

And if any of you come upon a red Dodge with white stripes, and the license plate SAE WHEN, be ready to enjoy some SPECTACULAR driving!

17. sinbon

sinbon Karting

May 16, 2004
    Petaluma, CA/SLO,CA
    Full Name:
    Bobby Boinski
    yea that was me. haha I honestly didnt know there were any tvr's in the states! it was awesome I loved the sound! haha i thought I'd have no chance of running into any of you guys but guess i was wrong. Was helping my dad wax and clean a car to get it ready to sell in the nice morning shade so couldnt get down to mill valley at 9 :( oh well I had a nice run up the coast anyways

18. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Great time yesterday. I think Lox and I get top awards for our incident witht he police...well, my TWO incidents... :D

Good times meeting everyone - tons of fun. Glad we did this run - it's been a while.

sinbon: we were wondering who that was!!!

Vincent: i got your message as we were coming back from 128 down 101S. Part of the group split to 128E (where you met them). No cell reception in Mendo. I also tried calling John, who we incidentally met as we were leaving.

I have to say: this was definetly a great turn-out of drivers. TONS of cool people who I had not yet met. And Brian in the viper: your tactic is WAY cool. I dig...

--Dan

19. sinbon

sinbon Karting

May 16, 2004
    Petaluma, CA/SLO,CA
    Full Name:
    Bobby Boinski
    police incidents? Yea im suprised we didnt ave any on the freeway there. TVRfreak doing that pass on the right shoulder around the big rig was pretty nuts! haha when he drove past me in the TVR and you went past in the 550 I knew it had to be someone from the mendocino run. Sorry if I creeped you guys out following at first lol

20. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
  21. sinbon

sinbon Karting

May 16, 2004
    Petaluma, CA/SLO,CA
    Full Name:
    Bobby Boinski
    haha tell him Im sorry if hes serious! I wanted to but had to get thaat car waxed/polished and once I start its gotta be perfect!

22. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Figures, the one run I don't make it to, has the best turnout yet!

Looks like you guys had an absolute blast, wish I could have been there. Did you hook up with Riverflyer?

Faisal- happy to oblige :)