June built 458 Spider order - Special color | Page 2 | FerrariChat

June built 458 Spider order - Special color

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tocho, Feb 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrizkallah23

mrizkallah23 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark Rizkallah
    I had no idea the up keep was that bad. Ya i do not think its worth the effort. Now if you have a guy that you know can take care of it then no big deal.

By "Cheapen the car" I did not mean actual value, it just takes away the pop of a Ferrari. Although I must admit that red one does look stunning.

2. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    Not like I'm an uninterested party here...but if you read the instructions they are not really that different than what a detailer would tell you one should do with ANY expensive car...at least if you dont want to leave scratches in the surface...the main difference for what I've been told is that you cant polish the matte paint..

3. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Also make sure your dealer does NOT detail your paint. You have read the instructions but their car washer may not have read them and mess it up before it is even delivered to you! My dealer knows that they are never to wash my cars since I have had my paint refinished right. Your 458 would be even more touchy ... but I REALLY would love to see it in person! It should be stunning!

www.portablewaterdi.com has deionized water systems that you will want. I have the three bottle version and it leaves zero water spots. Every day I get home after driving through the snow and salt all I do is spray the car off and it is clean for the next day.

Rick

4. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    "Dont be a fool, wrap your tool"??
    Does that apply here too?

5. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    that Matt spider is from us and so are these factory matts :

matt finishes - Rennlist Discussion Forums

it really isn't that big of a deal cleaning it and I can honestly say it looks amazing in person.
    of course caution should be taken, and u really can't get door dings on these.

I did a Matt wrap on my white 458 and its just not like the real $30k+ job, it might be psychological but I hated my white wrapped one so much I sold it :

matt white - Rennlist Discussion Forums

6. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    I must admit I love the matte finish,However its better to wrap than to have it painted.If your car is scratched with painted matt its very difficult to match matte even with paint codes and the feathering of the paint will never be matched perfectly unlike wrap its always the same and can be easily replaced by sections,Also the price 28k to paint or wrap the whole car $3000-$3500 for a quality job where I live there is only one shop that can be trusted for a perfect job

7. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    The matte white looks stunning!!!

8. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The green one is definitely a wrap. It's Rosso Corsa underneath.

9. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    Car is at the port in Newark, any day now....perfect weather

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It's not everyone's taste but what's the point of having a bespoke car if you can't make it the way you want it?

Go for it.

Car detailers all over the world hope this matte trend ends --- or it will put them out of business! :)

11. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree but I would never put up with the maintenance as it would put you off using the car if raining for example and thus tempting for it to become a beautiful garage queen. Wrap it and save the $, lots of them.

12. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can't wait to see pics of your car. That red one posted earlier was nice. I especially liked the seats with crema and red.

13. rickwjenn

rickwjenn Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Glad to see anyone order an 458 exactly to their specifications. These cars are like a dream come true. More power to you in getting exactly the car you want - that is what I did.

That being said, we all have our respective views. For me, the matte finishes look horrible, "faddish", and remind me of primer colored street machine cars. Like tattoos - I predict lots of regret at some point post-delivery. Sorry to be blunt.

14. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
  15. nexlogic

nexlogic Karting

Apr 26, 2012
    California
    #40 nexlogic, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Congrats, please share pictures. For me, I absolute love Matte finish. It looks really gorgeous in person - but it depends on the color of course (much with anything). In terms of maintenance, you do have to be careful, and once you scratch it, it's very very hard to alleviate it (even with touch-up paint).

Here are photos of my matte C63 Black Series. This car stands out like a sore thumb while on the road - in a good way.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. FlyingBear

FlyingBear Karting

Mar 31, 2013
    Cary NC
    #41 FlyingBear, Jul 18, 2013
    I think you're right. My 458 is Rosso Fiorano (not matte).

17. rickwjenn

rickwjenn Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Wonderfully not matte - beautiful

18. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    I saw a matte red coupe in a parking garage down the street. Unreal how good that color looks.

I love the green as well... Wrap or not

19. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love your car!!! My rosso fiorano spider is supposed to be here any day. Great color

20. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    Love the color...nice car too

21. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    #46 tocho, Aug 8, 2013
  22. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    #47 tocho, Aug 8, 2013
  23. nexlogic

nexlogic Karting

Apr 26, 2012
    California
    Wow, looks amazing!

24. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    #49 tocho, Aug 8, 2013
  25. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    That looks awesome! Post more pics when you get it.