Just a few Audi R8 Supercars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just a few Audi R8 Supercars

Discussion in 'New England' started by AbsolutFerrari, Aug 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    MOST of them are 430 variants though, with probably 1,500 599 and three 612s.

2. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well as long as we're not comparing apples and apples I'll throw this one out there for fun, found on the interweb :D

'The Audi Group produced 1,003,469 vehicles for the 2008 calendar year'

Anyway guys I did say in my original post that they are fine cars, I too wouldn't throw one out of my garage. And if that's the car or brand that stirs up passion in you, that makes you feel like this:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253087

then by all means, go for it.

Wait a minute, what forum are we in? Ah yes...FERRARI chat :D Why someone feels they need to post on FERRARIchat that you'll never find them in a Ferrari because they're over produced and overpriced is beyond me. Do any Ferrari owners cruise the Audi forums saying the same thing? I have no idea, never visited...but I hope they don't.

Anyway it is a public forum, carry on :D

3. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am loving my 2006 six speed 430 coupe that I picked up one month ago today. When I got it it had 2270 miles and there are now 2800. No other car has ever stirred this much enjoyment. I've had a Cayman S, SL55, 997 turbo coupe and 2009 turbo cab (for 4 months) before I came across this great deal on a Ferrari. I may be mistaken, but there was a recall performed on all 2006 6 speed coupes and the total units affected was 216. There was also a recall on all 2006 spiders and the number was around 1500 units. The F1 gearbox is far more popular I guess but I love the manual gearbox in my car.

4. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    lmao! I thought he was actually being sarcastic.

5. lucky6600

lucky6600 Rookie

Nov 8, 2007
    Cromwell CT
    Full Name:
    Ching
  6. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
  7. lucky6600

lucky6600 Rookie

Nov 8, 2007
    Cromwell CT
    Full Name:
    Ching
    Cromwell CT uh... where about Cromwell?

8. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    I just recently finished restoring a multi-family home on Wall Street that I have been living in for the past 5 years. Its in the historic district by the CT river. Now that it's finally done I am going to be renting the property and looking to either build or pick up one of the recently built homes in town. I work in Rocky Hill and store my cars there so I really want to stay in the area.

How about you. Where about in Cromwell do you live?

9. xzotklr

xzotklr Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Adrian Coard
    Things like this make me sick!!!

10. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    No reason to get sick.

If you ever saw what the car companys do to EVERY car that rolls off the line to test them it would make a quick joyride look like dusting it with a cotton swab in comparison.

I have yet to see a company that doesn't put at least 2 miles of sheer brutality to make sure the car is ready to be shipped.

Not to mention the 80 lbs of pressure in the tires while strapped to a metal boat so tight that if the straps broke they would sever a leg and sent on a 2,000 mile ride across bumpy salty seas in dropped and banged metal crates.

Unstrapped and then strapped to a truck the same way and driven over 800 miles to their destination.

I'm amazed that any car makes it to its destination in one piece.

I'm also not shocked that of 100 cars tested in any quality test that more than 110 problems will bring consumers back to the dealership with a problem before the end of its break-in period. That's all 100 cars with 10 problems on top of that.

If memory serves Porsche and Lexus are the only companies under 100 returns with like 97.