Just Bought a 355. Shipping Recommendations or Fly & Drive - WI to MI | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just Bought a 355. Shipping Recommendations or Fly & Drive - WI to MI

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Kruegmeister, Apr 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pbaron89

pbaron89 Karting

May 17, 2013
    Fort Lauderdale , FL
    Full Name:
    Peter Baron
    Drive it! ive purchased a fair amount of cars and driven them 1000 miles plus to get home.. normally my best memories of the car ! 355 miles is nothing. the trip will be fantastic .. make is an adventure with lots of stops.. not a hop on 94 and drive on over.. take the UP and mac bridge! youll be glad you did! you are driving it a relatively short distance .. not taking it to the moon..

Kruegmeister likes this.
  2. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
  3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kruegmeister likes this.
  4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    reliable is in your backyard

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  6. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Nice! And I agree, nice route!

So which one(s) are you taking on the 28th?

7. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Assuming I get all the Stuff to License Plate it by then our probably bring the 355 that time.

8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    OK, good luck and hope to see you there in any case!

9. Larmoss

Larmoss Rookie

Jan 29, 2008
    A 60's Vette, I would drive every day without regard. A properly maintained one is no issue - are you looking at the one at a "dealer"?

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Assuming you had a PPI and the car is in tip top condition, and you don't intend to keep it as a garage queen, drive it.

Could it break down somewhere on the route? Sure, but so could a Lexus. There are no guarantees in life, and it is an adventure. Go for it!

11. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Actually looking for a restomod Corvette. So a dealer really doesnt matter. But address to Paul’s question, i would always get a PPI. The only way I wouldn’t is with a relatively new car under warranty and no recorded damage, but even then probably still get a PPI.

No garage queens in my future. If it cannot be driven daily it wont be bought! You absolutely have to go for it! Life is a bowl of cherries. :)

12. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Kruegmeister likes this.
  13. Rica

Rica Rookie

Jan 27, 2014
    Santa Rosa

My experience was that I bought a 348 in San Diego and flew down there and drove it back to Northern CA. (Over 400 miles). Had all the paperwork and it had just had an engine out, had new tires and ran great. It was my first Ferrari and I didn’t know any better. Made it with one gas stop and no issues. But I was lucky. There were miles and miles of nothing and that model has no spare!
    Since then I’ve signed up for Ferrari’s roadside service where if you car breaks down the nearest dealer will send a flatbed for you. I’m sure it’s expensive but better than Bubba’s Towing trying to figure out how to get you F car on the hook! If you got that and the car has a recent major, I’d give it a shot. But that’s just me. Good luck!!

14. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    That is why I went out and got a donut spare for my 612. I just dont like the idea of being broken down in the middle of nowhere.

15. jcoltrane

jcoltrane Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    SF
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

One of my happiest memories was an early morning flight into Long Beach, taking a cab to an auction-bought vintage 911, then drove it all of the way back to San Francisco along HWY 1 and 101 with stops in Santa Barbara and Pismo Beach for food and gas. It might have been a less happy memory had something gone wrong, but adventures make life worth living.

Nospinzone likes this.