Just bought a new F430 Spider F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just bought a new F430 Spider F1

Discussion in '360/430' started by ace, Nov 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1badboy

1badboy Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Rayl
    Jess- I'm sorry, but I think this kind of comment is inappropriate, especially for this thread. When you buy a perfect 430 red/tan in Cali, you can post that info then. Why rain on some guys parade when you don't have the experience to speak from? Not to flame, but just prove it. Maybe based on your grammer you are not in the U.S.?

Regards,

Eric

2. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    WELL SAID,

Had the same crap when i went to buy my 355 was over 10k more than any of the stupid "you can buy one for this" guy paid what he paid iam sure he looked around. Car is beautiful enjoy

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Agreed. A lot of people seem to think the market is defined by the last price they saw on EBay. Of course, they don't know what a physical inspection and PPI would really show or whether that sale actually closed because the buyer accepted the car or walked away after they saw it was really a POS. All the 430's you're seeing at these prices are getting flipped and some might be flipped "as new" with delivery miles and others might be flipped "like new" after 200-300 miles by the owner taking physical delivery for a couple of months. A lot can happen in those miles, particularly if the owner knows he's not keeping the car.

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Exactly.

5. commendatore

commendatore Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    Belgium
    #30 commendatore, Nov 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ace

ace Rookie

Nov 16, 2005
    It was brand new had like 40 miles on it.. which they say are delivery miles. Either way I got it from a BMW dealer who got ahold of it.

7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Sounds like it. I think the consensus is anything from 30 to 80 miles is "delivery miles". The cars higher in the range (50-80?) apparently went out a second time for road testing after something got fixed at the factory.

8. ace

ace Rookie

Nov 16, 2005
    Yeah but you cant really worry about it.. If it's gonna break it's gonna break.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    lookin' GOOD ace........and you have the right attitude!

Rock on and CONGRATS!

10. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Werd, smart man here^. Congrats on the new car. Enjoy.

11. sobe

sobe Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2005
    LA/Miami
    do not let people here tell you that you paid too much ... this is the going price if you were not on a dealer list . Great choice and beautiful car !

12. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Who gives a **** how much you paid. Drive the damn thing...every day.

The more you drive these cars the better the reliability. When these type of cars sit too long the gremlins come out of the bodywork.

Unfortunately my 360 spider has become a garage queen because I drive my Vanquish every day to work- 4500 miles since August including 3 weeks off for hunting.

I drive my spider around town when I piddle around/do errands. When I do drive it I always give the engine a good work out. Both of these cars hit 130 mph every day they're used, with a proper warm up and cool down period. Believe me it does them good, that's what they were designed to do.

Drive her hard and enjoy the ride.

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

GA GA GA GA GA.... squared!!

If I owned that 430, I'd need to keep changing my pants. WOW, it is stunning. Drive with purpose; and keep setting your dreams higher and higher!

14. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    beautiful car!!!!
    Enjoy...........

15. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    You may want to check the status of your factory warranty with Ferrari NA. Because your car was not purchased from an authorized dealer, you may not have a warranty.

16. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow, what a stunning car! Drive it like its meant to be driven!!! :)

17. ace

ace Rookie

Nov 16, 2005
    It has a manufacturer warranty 3 year 24,000 mile.

18. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Like many others have said, the clear bra is a must. My 360 was also done by Premier and I agree that their work is second to none. When my 430 comes in, it will be wrapped by them as well.

Also, congrats on your new ride. I'm so jealous of all those who have already taken delivery of their 430s.

19. lrattner

lrattner Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lonnie Rattner
    Congrats Ace- beautiful car. Enjoy!

20. Supercharged

Supercharged Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    Congratulations great looking car. And your in luck Sams in the bay area he came up and did our Gallardo and is scheduled to come do the Murci next. We wrapped the entire car so no nicks or bruises on our Bulls~ Sam can post a link to the job we took pretty good pictures from start to finish.

Good luck with her and two thumbs up for Premiers work.

Sean

21. Dohhunter

Dohhunter Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Gorgeous car :)

22. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Buy it now? If you watch the cars on ebay the auctions aren't closing from what I can tell. So that's not an accurate indication of "Selling" price, only "asking price." Most of the cars even being offered at the lower prices are low mileage used cars bought on the secondary market. You're talking about saving 5-10% by buying a "used" car.

You have to look at what cars are actually selling for, for example, I know in addition to this sale two -never been register-new spiders that sold for $95K over, and $93K over in the last 30 days.

Red/Tan and Black/Tan is going to bring all them money also.

PS- Driving a Diablo 3-4 times a week and you can cancel you gym membership...LOL